IGNORED

TIMXT with NanoPEB Version 1 !

Shift838

The last time I used my UDS-10 (and it was a while ago) I remember that Stuart & InsaneMultitasker got on the same page and made it so the same settings could be used for both the browser and TIMXT. When I checked mine a couple of minutes ago, I noticed the settings are slightly different from you folks.

Of course if you use a modem... ignore this post.

With the D4 connection mode is really what keys it off (if i recall) to be compatible between TIMXT and Stuarts browser. Of course you do not see anything echoed i believe when using this mode. I use the D6 as the old school method of ATDT works and I can see what I type..

• Like 1

Yeah weird that stuart's browser works perfectly..I did switch from D4 to D6 in order to use legacy hayes commands, as it is easy to toggle back to D4, for the browser.

I just get jumbled junk. Does the nano need a lower baud rate? I lowered UDS-10 to 9600. I am wondering if my cable is wrong..

Mine is like the NanoPEB layout.

http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#internet_web_browser

Edited by slinkeey

Yep, the chars are echoed properly.

Typing [ATDT74.193.9.234,9640] shows up as [ATDT74.193.9.234,9640] on my screen.

My Console has a Speech Synth, F18, and NanoPEB.... That's it.

That's a good point. If it is echoing back, then we know the terminal is interpreting what the UDS-10 is sending.

Edited by slinkeey

have you trtied to lower your baudrate on the UDS device as well as in TIMXT just to rule out anything else, say lower to 9600 if still bad go down to 2400, still bad then it has to be something else.

Possible issue with the RS232 card you are using. Maybe it's flaked out ?

Edited by Shift838

After updating to v1.8, it looks much better... Just need to figure out how to get the UDS to respond. I know that the terminals does recognize the serial port. When I toggle the power on the UDS, I get some symbols on the screen.

if the baudrate, parity and stop bits are set to 19200b[s 8N1 on TIMXT and the UDS is set the same with a D6 connection type you should see 'NO CARRIER' come up wihen powered on.

Once you've checked your firmware, just for giggles, we should check your TI clock speed.

From Thierry's website : "Fortunately, the clock speed is specified in the console ROM, at byte >000C: if this byte is >30 the console has a 3 MHz clock, if it's >28 the clock is 2.5 MHz."

We can check this somewhat easily from Extended BASIC. Type the following three lines:

100 CALL INIT

120 CALL PEEK(12,A)::PRINT A

RUN

If the program prints 48, you have a 3.0Mhz clock; if it prints 40, you have a 2.5Mhz clock. TIMXT is only configured for the common 3.0Mhz clock.

Known 2400 Baud limitation? If so, that's cool. I'll know to stop goofing with higher rates.

38.4K is the current limit. I know of at least two nanopeb users, three including myself, who are using TIMXT at this speed. It feels like we are missing something obvious, since Stuart's browser is working properly at the same speed. I just don't know what that might be...