IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 9, ROUND 12

twoquickcapri

post-19213-0-77345600-1481530775_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 9, ROUND 12

(Round Over)

post-19213-0-54704900-1481530664_thumb.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Start a new game from the beginning and play until you receive a Game Over. No Continues.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-5-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Xenon II megablast SCORES:
  • travistouchdown - 91,260 (+10)
  • masematte - 74,850 (+8 )
  • Spacey Invader - 32,440 (+6)
  • mckafka99 - 23,830 (+4)
  • Darrin9999 - 22,650 (+2)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:
  • masematte - (88 pts)
  • travistouchdown - (76 pts)
  • mckafka99 - (64 pts)
  • Spacey Invader - (60 pts)
  • twoquickcapri - (26 pts)
  • JaguarGod - (20 pts)
  • Serblander - (18 pts)
  • Darrin9999 - (14 pts)
  • jblenkle - (5 pts)
  • roadrunner - (3 pts)
  • iceman - (1 pts)

Edited by twoquickcapri
  • Like 1

When I play, the game starts with '3 credits'., I believe I get 5 ships/lives/destruction of ship (per credit) and then the screen goes to 'Continue Game' with a countdown timer. If I press 'B' and continue, it starts right off where I left off with same weapons but with score reset to zero and credits diminished by one. After the 3 credits are gone, it says Game Over.

i´ll Check it, okay I didn't used the continue, cause I lost my lives, and then I get my Highscore and then I put down my Jag. But for the continue you press b after you put your initials in the high score :-) and then it is like mckafka99 describe it.... thats crazy.

Funny : since today I can't play it, when I have the cd unit on the Jag.

All other games works also the Homebrews but not this one (and yesterday it works, that is also crazy) I´ll try everything, cleaning etc , but I must put out the cd unit...

Guess we need an official ruling on whether it is ok to use the continues. I have found that the start of the game is quite difficult with such limited firepower and no health refuels spawning. I found that if I can manage past the 1/2 point of the 1st level and purchase the 'super gun thingy' , only then do I start making some progress - with significant power ups only starting tp show up starting into the 2nd level. Thing is, so far, it is taking me those continues to even get that far, hence, the question.

I actually had slightly higher scores during this period, always sub 30k though and never got out of the first level. I always thought I would at least make it beyond level one at least once (without the continues) but I never did. This had to be one of the most frustrating games I've played. Never figured out any patterns to stick to (even though the enemies clearly are in patterns) or anything to consistently progress. More than anything I swear I saw bullets go through enemies all the time (without destroying them) and I could never adjust my game play to account for the, what appeared in my eyes, to be an inconsistent 'bullet hits enemy, enemy would be destroyed' mechanic. I tried to think that maybe it wasnt a straight forward 'hit=kill' mechanic, perhaps some enemies took 2 or more shots, or perhaps the hit location was a very narrow center and center only, but even trying to play along these lines, I could find no means of consistently shooting things down. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the few times I played with continues and was able to get into the 2nd level, things actually seemed to get easier and better on the 'looks like I hit them and they were destroyed' front not to mention that more valuable power ups became realeased. I know I generally am terrible at games in this vein (Trevor McFur, Raiden, etc.) and really like this game much better than either of those but I just could not make any progress at improving at it.

post-21248-0-29156500-1482722878_thumb.jpg

Mckafka, know what you mean -- I never figured out whether you can even kill those centipede things, but they were my main holdup. Also feel like I got ripped off in that store when I bought the nuclear kill-everything weapon, only to discover it lasts seconds, must be for before just before bosses or something. Had fun, though.

I actually had slightly higher scores during this period, always sub 30k though and never got out of the first level. I always thought I would at least make it beyond level one at least once (without the continues) but I never did. This had to be one of the most frustrating games I've played. Never figured out any patterns to stick to (even though the enemies clearly are in patterns) or anything to consistently progress. More than anything I swear I saw bullets go through enemies all the time (without destroying them) and I could never adjust my game play to account for the, what appeared in my eyes, to be an inconsistent 'bullet hits enemy, enemy would be destroyed' mechanic.

As far as I got before family called. Could have broken into six figures...Loving this game!

Dude ...