IGNORED

What game are you best at on Intellivision ?

Intellfan

I was really good at Tennis, Utopia, and B-17 Bomber. I played those games with my Father a lot! :)

-dZ.

Awesome memories DZ !! My Father never really played games much... But he got a kick of sometimes watching my brother and I play.. One memory was him laughing every time the mouse came out and when it made that squeaking noise in D + D,

He would shout out topo topo and just laugh ... lol

• Like 1

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Can finish on hard with no damage or lives lost

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Treasure of Tarmin - Looped this on Easy difficulty through 256 levels BITD, leaving the console on for a few days. The harder levels on this are a pig, you really have to pick your battles and use the gates.

BurgerTime - Wish I knew what my high score was, but I remember looping through all 7 levels four or five times over

Thunder Castle - Again no idea what my high score was but I could loop through the three stages multiple times

Baseball - There is a pitch you can throw that is impossible to do anything with except bunt to the pitcher or shortstop. With fast reflexes, you can never let a runner past 1st base.

Bump 'n' Jump - Without using the invisible road cheat ;) Need to learn the tracks. I was pretty good at avoiding crashing any cars too

Ice Trek - Could loop this game almost indefinitely until the ice bridge becomes impossible to pass

Beauty and the Beast - Play carefully and you can easily play forever

White Water - Used to play on the infinite river mode

- J

• Like 2

Hmmm My memory may be in question here...

"Baseball - There is a pitch you can throw that is impossible to do anything with except bunt to the pitcher or shortstop. With fast reflexes, you can never let a runner past 1st base."

What disc position is this? It would seem you would have 2 pitches. A fast and slow in this position.

Of the 16 position... Half fast and half slow. we are down to 8 possible. of those, some are not strikes, so the batter need not swing.

I am finding this theory to be unlikely. I have played hundreds of hours of mlb. I find the best pitch is straight down the middle.

Inside pitches are easy to hit hard while pulling the ball. Out side is easy to go the other way. This is very dangerous, as right field seems very home run friendly.

If you are talking about the inside most pitch that is a strike, this is easy to hit to third base, and hit hard is a home run risk, hit soft is a hard out at first.

That said, with runners on base, it can be a good pitch to force lead runners. ( provided you play a NO STEALING type game )

I got pretty good at Carnival also. Perhaps it was a slight onset of obsessive-compulsive behaviour, but I would play that game for hours to see if it ever changed. Unfortunately, it would just repeat endlessly, and I would just stop whenever I got (way too) bored, or whenever I had to go do something else.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Mediocre at all...but I try my best!

Love this answer!

I stink at 4-tris but find myself playing it often.

Of late, I have been playing a bunch of Q-Bert on MAME. I always liked the game, but I am not good at it...yet.

Got in to Q-Bert because I was playing with a game idea on the TI-99 with similar perspective and player movement.

Tron Deadly Discs is a fun game. However standing in the upper doors is not so fun. I like to play in the middle of the "grid"

If I get hit a couple of times I try to get to a door to recharge or get to the bottom to be in position to block most discs. Of course the orange guys.....

Last time I played Space Battle, I actually couldn't lose. I probably just didn't play long enough, but I got bored and stopped. Ditto for Demon Attack. These are fairly simple games so it's not like I play for 12 hours straight, but I can play both for long enough that I just lose interest long before I lose the game.

Same with B-17... I'd play a single game for hours. Haven't done that for a long time either, but I'm sure I could pick it up again.

Could that have been another Mattel space game? "Space Battle" games end fairly quickly, win or lose. For those that dont know the hardest difficulty level 5 is activated with keypad 4 but only if you have the updated rom.

Which level of B17 Bomber do you play? I usually play disc level 4. There are six difficulty levels including practice. I find at level 4, after a few missions the game suddenly gets extremely hard with huge amount of flak taking me down. I try to evade with flying manoeuvres but I dont think it makes a difference. Didn't seem fair.

• Like 1

I would like to see some definitive evidence that flak can actually be dodged in B-17. I love the game, and it's iconic, but like yu said on the hard level the score ROI for attacking a factory is near zero.

Could that have been another Mattel space game? "Space Battle" games end fairly quickly, win or lose. For those that dont know the hardest difficulty level 5 is activated with keypad 4 but only if you have the updated rom.

Which level of B17 Bomber do you play? I usually play disc level 4. There are six difficulty levels including practice. I find at level 4, after a few missions the game suddenly gets extremely hard with huge amount of flak taking me down. I try to evade with flying manoeuvres but I dont think it makes a difference. Didn't seem fair.

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone was good at Astrosmash. :)

The dynamically adjustable difficulty was brilliant. :thumbsup:

-dZ.

That was brilliant!

I thought I was good as Astrosmash too. I remember playing to about 400,00 with 250+ extra ships.

Thinking, well, this game will never end. Until a few years ago, when I played till the end. I think 700K is when it got insane.

I wish I was better at night stalker. My brother was pretty good at it.

I was unstoppable at Sea Battle--- my PT Boat > your Battleship :-). My friends and I played it so much it literally wore out the cartridge contacts and I had to buy another copy.

I haven't played Sea Battle since I was a kid, but I remember it being pretty fun playing with me brother.

Also, welcome to the forum! Glad too see you got your MAME setup working. I'd like to attempt something like that in the next few years, but I might get the Ultimate Flashback first. Not sure if I'll have the space for an arcade cabinet :o

Last time I played Space Battle, I actually couldn't lose. I probably just didn't play long enough, but I got bored and stopped.

Are you sure that you're thinking about the right game? Space Battle doesn't take very long to play. You either defeat the enemies advancing toward your mother ship or they reach the center and you lose. I haven't played it in years but would be hard pressed to think that any game takes more than 10-15 minutes. It's also a game that was rereleased because it was too easy initially. I can't remember if the red box or blue box is the more difficult version though.

My best game is probably Beamrider although I almost always play it on the Atari 2600 now.