IGNORED

What game are you best at on Intellivision ?

Intellfan

I haven't played Sea Battle since I was a kid, but I remember it being pretty fun playing with me brother.

Also, welcome to the forum! Glad too see you got your MAME setup working. I'd like to attempt something like that in the next few years, but I might get the Ultimate Flashback first. Not sure if I'll have the space for an arcade cabinet :o

Thanks! Looks like you have a great forum here. Mr_me was incredibly helpful in pointing me in the right direction. I still have one input to tweak (for some reason the '9' key on the pad reads as 'disc up + button 16' or something like that--- I should be able to manually edit the cfg file when I get home and get some time tonight) but otherwise it's working great. Hopefully I can be of some use to folks around here while I lurk :-)

• Like 1

Thanks! Looks like you have a great forum here. Mr_me was incredibly helpful in pointing me in the right direction. I still have one input to tweak (for some reason the '9' key on the pad reads as 'disc up + button 16' or something like that--- I should be able to manually edit the cfg file when I get home and get some time tonight) but otherwise it's working great. Hopefully I can be of some use to folks around here while I lurk :-)

The community here is pretty decent, which is why I hung around for a while after my first few visits. Nice to see lurkers join in every once in a while...which gives me an idea!

• Like 1

Are you sure that you're thinking about the right game? Space Battle doesn't take very long to play. You either defeat the enemies advancing toward your mother ship or they reach the center and you lose. I haven't played it in years but would be hard pressed to think that any game takes more than 10-15 minutes. It's also a game that was rereleased because it was too easy initially. I can't remember if the red box or blue box is the more difficult version though.

My best game is probably Beamrider although I almost always play it on the Atari 2600 now.

Supposesdly, they updated the Space Battle rom adding difficulty level 5 when they switched from red boxes to blue boxes. Its hard to tell when you play so check the instructions for a "Super Advanced" level. I could often win at level 5 but I dont really use much strategy. I think if you can avoid the computer fighting your battles by deploying squadrons strategically you can win more consistently. Edited by mr_me

• 1 month later...

Most races kind of go like this:

post-31694-0-78327800-1488399537_thumb.gif

So I don't play against newbies much... But if you come around Philly, it's on!

BITD... Baseball, Football, Astrosmash, Auto Racing, Bump n Jump.... Pretty good at Soccer, Basketball and Pinball

Now...Auto racing Yeah, that will just about cover it!

I Played Christmas Carrol last night. Level 7 around 700 points. I thought I was bad last year. I do plan to play a few more times before the 25th.

Oh Bowling. I can still get a 300 pretty often and over 100 in pickup spares.

Maybe I need to get into the HSC more often.