IGNORED

The 2600 in the Sears 1977 Wishbook

Two-in-the-Belfry

I liked the artwork and general 70's look. The art was kinda like the stuff a-swirling through my head. The amusement park, the tv, the family, the tree, the vcs. All in a nebulous arrangement. Much like the game art and the stuff they put on the Apple II manuals. These haphazard collages were awesome.

The bullet lists, the fonts, the technical descriptions, the game descriptions, to kid this was great stuff! I'd read it over and over and over again.

• Like 1

Great pics! I, too, was 10 in 1977. That was an excellent year. Beginning with Star Wars, then the VCS and ending with the Yankees winning the World Series. Yeah, 10 year old me was having a great time. Great time!

-Thanks for sharing.

I wish I was actually a little bit older so I could cherish this time period... alas, I was only 4.

Everything else I agree w/ on your statement excluding the Yankees. :-D

• Like 2

Man.. the arrival of the Sears Wishbook was just as welcomed as Santa cruising through the neighborhood, high up on a firetruck. We'd fight over who got to go through it first, meticulously pouring over each and every word, caefully examining each photo. And then back through again. And then again once more.

• Like 1

I get blown away by the prices every time I see them. These cutting-edge games were very expensive! $712.71 for the console in today's dollars, and the games are $74.86 apiece ($135.20 for Race/Indy 500, which admittedly came with controllers).

Our parents were way too nice to us...

Years ago I had...(ahem)...we'll say "access" to a vintage Playboy issue which featured a men's holiday gift guide, they listed the new Atari console & a number of games (maybe the 9 launch titles?) for $1000.

But using Ransom's figures above, that would only leave enough for 3.84 games....or Indy 500 & 2 games.

Years ago I had...(ahem)...we'll say "access" to a vintage Playboy issue which featured a men's holiday gift guide, they listed the new Atari console & a number of games (maybe the 9 launch titles?) for $1000.

But using Ransom's figures above, that would only leave enough for 3.84 games....or Indy 500 & 2 games.

IN 1977's money. How much was $1000 then worth today? So back translating it, the whole library could have been bought and then some!