IGNORED

Anybody willing to sell me a CSS Floppy Board?

electronizer

I know someone selling them let me check,

Bumzyman is selling them for 175.00

Please make sure there is one left for me to reconstitute my BBS with or conversely if someone would gift me with one after revealing my source :)

Please buy them from him and let him know I sent you. He gets on about once a month.

Bumzy builds them and last a knew had some ready, he packed them away but if interest is shown I am sure he will dig them out for you. Please get all the people you can to join in with you to get them back out of storage. Of course saving one for me or gifting one.

I hope this works out for you both. Everyone that got one so far has been satisfied. Merry Christmas all! and a Happy New Year!

http://atariage.com/forums/user/9833-bumzyman/

leave a note in this thread AND pm him

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

He will do it if there is enough interest to make it worth his effort that was his position as of Thu Oct 23, 2014...

I see two people are interested at this point would you like me to try? or should we see if others want to do it too?

It couldn't hurt...

Edited by _The Doctor__

I wouldn't think anything would happen before Christmas, that's 9 short days away, or maybe 7 business days. That being said.... If we did get enough buyers to make it worth his time and effort, I don't think anyone would mind getting their holiday floppy in January of February. I don't want to get ahead of things though first we get enough interested buyers. It would certainly be nice to if we manage to get this to happen!

Hmmm,

afaik the Mega-Speedy can also work as a Super Archiver (emulate would be the wrong word here). So if you happen to have a 1050 drive and buy a Mega-Speedy from Abbuc, this might be another solution to duplicate copy-protected disks. (And the Mega-Speedy also works as a Speedy, Super-Speedy, Happy, Turbo and many other 1050 enhancements.)

I don't have a Happy drive, and I see that the CSS Floppy Board comes with a version of the Super Archiver.

Seems that the Floppy Board has a "limited" Super Archiver, implementing the software/firmware features only. At least according to the available schematics, I don't see hardware support for creating weak bits (what CSS called the fuzzy sector maker) or changing the recording bit-rate.

Of course, you guys "want what you want" -- I get that.

Certainly can understand that if you have a "lonely" Black Box that you might want the FB to go along with it. But from a practical standpoint, it's not terribly useful in these days of many other alternatives. You can go almost as fast on APE/AspeQt or others. The high density feature is not really reliable, regardless of the disks you use. I've had two pairs of the BB/FB for many years. The BB is much more useful (to me) than the FB. And yes, the included Archiver is more like the original Archiver than the Super Archiver. But it certainly is useful if you don't have a real SA (or better yet, MegaSpeedy). My $.02 worth...

-Larry

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished setting up my Black Box with Floppy board again last night. It has been awhile since it was set up and useable. This thread kicked me in the ass to get it done, Thank you!

I used a pc tower case to house 2 Adaptec 4070 RLL controllers with 3 RLL Drives. One of the drives is a full height. That PC case is heavy.

• Like 1