IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS BUYING GUIDE & Top 10 Games!

Metal Jesus

Here are the games Kelsey & I recommend in the video:

Kid Icarus Uprising
Kirby Planet Robobot
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Tomodachi Life
Super Mario 3D Land
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate / Generations
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright / Conquest)
Bravely Default
Star Fox 64 3D
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time / Majora’s Mask

Perfect timing Metal Jesus!

I was just gifted a 3DS XL.

The two of you did a great job

in the video.

The first games I bought are

the 3D Mario and Link between worlds.

Both are extremely impressive.

Now that ive upgraded I can give my 2ds to my nephew.

Btw: I love the painting of you at the end of the video!

• Like 1

I do enjoy your and Kelsey's videos. And I also just got a 3DS, so good timing for me too.

The bad thing is it basically confirms that I was right in waiting for the 3DS to drop to $99 (I got one of the BF ones). None of those games really appeal to me. They're the standard cutesy Nintendo stuff. Even the more serious RPG's have to have the cutesy super-deformed style and just look really, really traditional. Are there no decent arcade-style games on the 3DS? Or anything new or different from the norm?

I dunno, I have a PS Vita too and while it also has its share of cutesy, super-deformed games, something about them just feel different. 3DS games, especially Nintendo's own but even third party games, just feel really, really old fashioned. Like they're just graphical upgrades to games you'd have seen on the SNES or even the NES.

I was hoping to see some games in this video that I didn't know about or had overlooked. Maybe an idea for the next video - overlooked 3DS games?

Edited by spacecadet

None of those games really appeal to me. They're the standard cutesy Nintendo stuff. Even the more serious RPG's have to have the cutesy super-deformed style and just look really, really traditional.

You bring up a good point: where are all the western RPGs!? I would LOVE to see Bioware or Bethesda or Obsidian create a Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Fallout/Skyrim style RPG on either the 3DS or Vita. That would be AMAZING!!

As for the game selection in the video, we will do a more in-depth "hidden gems" video soon! Thanks for watching.

As for the game selection in the video, we will do a more in-depth "hidden gems" video soon! Thanks for watching.

That'd be awesome - I'm looking forward to it. I know there are a ton of 3DS games out there so it's tough to know what to even take a chance on. I trust your and Kelsey's opinions, so I'm really interested to see what you guys like that's a little off the beaten path.

btw I shouldn't have said "none" of those games appeal to me - I probably will pick up Star Fox at some point!

Edited by spacecadet

• 2 weeks later...

I skipped ahead to this part. Would you say these are worth a buy for someone who 1) loves these games, 2) already has them and 3) has no particular need for a portable version?

The graphics in the 3DS versions are definitely a step up from the originals... That's what I would ask yourself... Do you care about the updated visuals or not? Some people are now considering them to be the definitive versions...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey MJ, what is your opinion of the 2DS? I know that you are mainly concerned with software but I'm wondering what your view is.

I am not a fan of the 2DS because I like the 3D effect, 2nd analog nub and clamshell design to protect the screens. Once you play a game that supports the 2nd analog nub, it's hard to play without it.

• Like 1