IGNORED

Tempest Elite coming soon to Atari 8-bit

peteym5

• 2 weeks later...

We Finally have unlocked the video with commentary with people playing the actual game with different controllers. I know when people were asking about these controllers, I pointed out various issues with using those controllers like needing to constantly moving your hands or not having a separate direction for the SuperZapper. So the Space Bar acts as the switch to activate the superzapper, and escape acts as pause when using something other than the joystick. When joystick is selected as the game controller, Space Bar will just pause the game. You also need to use SELECT and OPTION to cycle through the controller options on the title splash screen as someone will need to plug in another controller before starting the game.

Please stand by for the official announcement about the release of the Cartridge Game as we are hard at work preparing everything.

• Like 5

We Finally have unlocked the video with commentary with people playing the actual game with different controllers. I know when people were asking about these controllers, I pointed out various issues with using those controllers like needing to constantly moving your hands or not having a separate direction for the SuperZapper. So the Space Bar acts as the switch to activate the superzapper, and escape acts as pause when using something other than the joystick. When joystick is selected as the game controller, Space Bar will just pause the game. You also need to use SELECT and OPTION to cycle through the controller options on the title splash screen as someone will need to plug in another controller before starting the game.

Please stand by for the official announcement about the release of the Cartridge Game as we are hard at work preparing everything.

Believe me I am standing buy with my PayPal account primed and ready :)

you would think it would be..

driving controller #1

real trackball mode #2

joystick #3

fake stick trackball #4

Paddle last....

The human isn't fast enough thing gets me confused... I was fast enough at the arcade as most of us were... the game on the Atari could double the movement if needed or just funnel direction changes into the joystick routine.... maybe it's just the opinion of the commentator. perhaps it's just fine.. and he's not fast enough.. or maybe it needs a tweak who knows... I am sure it will get sorted though

Edited by _The Doctor__

you would think it would be..

driving controller #1

real trackball mode #2

joystick #3

fake stick trackball #4

Paddle last....

The human isn't fast enough thing gets me confused... I was fast enough at the arcade as most of us were... the game on the Atari could double the movement if needed or just funnel direction changes into the joystick routine.... maybe it's just the opinion of the commentator. perhaps it's just fine.. and he's not fast enough.. or maybe it needs a tweak who knows... I am sure it will get sorted though

that is me, and my hands have been damaged in a accident. but, i love the control using the 7800 proline joystick the best, just my opinion. but i was never a trak-ball guy. i only used the driving controller on the 2600 indy 500. so its not my first choice. paddles are pretty good, but i love kaboom.

lance

www.atarisales.com

The 2600 Indy 500 Controllers may not work exactly the same way as arcade games do. Arcade games have all types of custom controllers that may use a more sensitive dial or has a Potentiometer without a stop. I know there were two trackball types out there, one using Gray Code. We use the standard Directional + Change bits. This confusion is what caused a major delay on releasing this cartridge. If you hacked one of those trackballs that use the Gray Code, use the driving controller. We can not guarantee it will work with other custom made controllers the game is not intended to work with. The default controller will remain to be the joystick.

Edited by peteym5

I also don't think a franchise type deal would work for either party, it would get complex pretty instantly and would hit your profitability.

However taking in to account the import duty / tax would be good..

About all I'd be good for is beta testing but I'm sure you have plenty of those already :)

Lets see what actual deal Mr Trump gives us here in the UK, that will affect Brexit so much either way..

Looks like this Brexit is going to happen. UK serves the papers to the European Union. We have to wait and see what the new import rates and exchange rates between the US Dollar and UK Pound.

Something else I am starting to become aware of is this thing called "Digital Sales Tax" for online services like Streaming Video (Netflix) or Pay Per Downloads on software. Some U.S. States, including New York are proposing legislation. Leave it to governments when a new type of service, someone will look at a way to tax it.

Something else I am starting to become aware of is this thing called "Digital Sales Tax" for online services like Streaming Video (Netflix) or Pay Per Downloads on software. Some U.S. States, including New York are proposing legislation. Leave it to governments when a new type of service, someone will look at a way to tax it.

Why would you care about this?

• Like 1

The human isn't fast enough thing gets me confused... I was fast enough at the arcade as most of us were...

Then whatever is too fast should be slowed down or made more accommodating. Videogames throughout history have shown a lack of adaptability to the disabled. A shame, because the adaptations are so easily incorporated.

This even goes for lack of autofire in many games, which would alleviate repetitive stress injuries.

Then whatever is too fast should be slowed down or made more accommodating. Videogames throughout history have shown a lack of adaptability to the disabled. A shame, because the adaptations are so easily incorporated.

This even goes for lack of autofire in many games, which would alleviate repetitive stress injuries.

Some joysticks/pads have autofire built in. :cool:

800px-NEC-TurboGrafx-16-Controller-FL.jp

NESadvantage.jpg

• Like 1

Tempest Elite has the fire set up when you hold down the fire button, it keeps shooting, so those autofire joysticks will have no benefit. I know joysticks were customized for handicap people back in the day.

We are in the process of fixing a minor sound glitch that was recently discovered when the game was tried on a real Atari. It was something that we need to play until the bonus round came up, so the game had to be played for awhile. The problem had been fixed and we will be preparing some cartridges.

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 2

We are in the process of fixing a minor sound glitch that was recently discovered when the game was tried on a real Atari. It was something that we need to play until the bonus round came up, so the game had to be played for awhile. The problem had been fixed and we will be preparing some cartridges.

Are you actually telling us here that you did not test so far to complete the entire game on real hardware?

Serious?

• Like 1

When I state something is fixed, it implies I change some programming, compiled it, and tested to see if the changes fixed a problem. First test is on the emulator, because that also has a debugger. Flash Carts and Burning Eproms take a bit longer to load stuff onto them, so we wait until several things get done. We will be flashing our own AtariMax Cartridges this weekend to see what is going on.

When I state something is fixed, it implies I change some programming, compiled it, and tested to see if the changes fixed a problem. First test is on the emulator, because that also has a debugger. Flash Carts and Burning Eproms take a bit longer to load stuff onto them, so we wait until several things get done. We will be flashing our own AtariMax Cartridges this weekend to see what is going on.

Don't you have an Ultimate Cart? Then you can just copy the rom to an SD card and be good to go.

I'm apprehensive about anything that hasn't been continually tested on the real hardware.

• Like 5

Sorry about further delays on the release of this game. I managed a fix a sound issue that popped up when you exited the bonus round. It is now working, been beta tested on real hardware to make sure it works. I had to change some things in the final end game sequence, remove any reference to "Atlantis Games Group" as my games are programmed by me and distributed by AtariSales.COM. Credits had to be updated to our current set of beta testers.

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 2