IGNORED

This is not exactly 8 bit Atari but...

DavidMil

I know there are a lot of 'old timers' on this site so I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone recognized

which Sega arcade machine this came off of. It is from the early to mid 80's. The people at two video arcade

game repair companies in the USA say it looks familiar but don't know for sure which machine it came from.

Again, this is something I dug out of my attic.

post-47264-0-33968400-1482345951_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help,

DavidMil

I think its a clone / copy control panel made to look like a real one, as said Astro Blaster is as near as it gets, there's two versions, the ones with left and right buttons and the one with a joystick.

Looked at all the Sega panels in MAME and this is as good as it gets I'm afraid..

Edit: Am now 100% sure that its a panel off a boot leg machine and the game is Astro Blaster for sure..

post-13027-0-29366900-1482349925_thumb.png

Edited by Mclaneinc

Once again the vast and unpaid research group has answered an unanswerable question. This is one of the reasons I really like this site!

It's not a bunch of kids typing expletives and running everybody down. On this site most everyone is willing to make suggestions, or like me,

throw their two bits out there any time I think of something. I'll forward this on to the arcade repair companies. Thanks again to everyone for

your continuing support.

I think, after Christmas, I'll go open a couple more boxes from the attic and see what else I can find. I kinda' know how Brad at Best feels;

I never know what I'll find.

David Milsop

Kingwood, Texas

• Like 2

Once again the vast and unpaid research group has answered an unanswerable question. This is one of the reasons I really like this site!

It's not a bunch of kids typing expletives and running everybody down. On this site most everyone is willing to make suggestions, or like me,

throw their two bits out there any time I think of something. I'll forward this on to the arcade repair companies. Thanks again to everyone for

your continuing support.

I think, after Christmas, I'll go open a couple more boxes from the attic and see what else I can find. I kinda' know how Brad at Best feels;

I never know what I'll find.

David Milsop

Kingwood, Texas

Well done Bob for finding the exact one, so much for it being a clone :)

At least we all helped you out David and yes, thankfully its not a forum full of foul mouthed kids although one of my posts matched that exactly a while back. There's nothing like a group of like minded folk willing to help each other out and the bonus with some oldies in here is that we were around when those and arcades actually arrived so were massive fans and players.

That's why I always push MAME as a program to get, you can sit down with that and find a 101 little old games you came across in the day, all there ready to go and costing nothing.

I know there are a lot of 'old timers' on this site

Thanks for any help,

DavidMil

I think we are the vast majority, I don't see any greasy fingered kids running rampant around here... :P Wasn't there a poll on age a while back and it seemed like most were pushing past 40 then...I know when I was a teenager buying my first Atari computer I thought anyone past 40 was an "old timer." I'm 48 now, and though I feel like I'm 28 and just woke up and 20 years had past sometimes, I have to except what I see in the mirror... :-o

• Like 2

Mattel's head-to-head football? :-D

These days they would class the term 'Head to head' as being inappropriate...

Come back the good old days when liberal nutjobs were not investigating every word you muttered in case it offended any one / thing..

Reading my Christmas shopping list must have offended numerous people :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Eww...Spirits....Nice glass of Chardonnay person myself, well me and the wife...Great with food...

When one drinks properly potent booze one does not need food. That is until a bit later when you get the urge to visit an all night diner/cafe after bar time. :grin:

Edited by fujidude
  • Like 2

Indeed and not so long after one feels that need one often feels the need to barf!

Trust me, its not a pretentious thing, I drank whiskey and orange as a kid, more whiskey than orange at a relatives birthday bash, you know how it is, a couple of young lads aged 12 think its big to fill themselves with booze. I arrived back home (thankfully the party was in my block) at 3am and I was hammered, my mother looked at me, laughed and I went to bed only to wake up 10 mins later doing a wonderful emulation of Linda Blair in the Exorcist projectile vomiting.

Can't stand the smell or thought of that again, my head and guts hurt for DAYS..

Beer just bloats me and I need the loo every 10 mins (age) so a wee glass of wine is my only tipple apart from tea :)

Sort of goes against the image of an Irish lad, by now I should be a full blown alcoholic just like me dad :)

(and yes, my dad was indeed that alcoholic, he did the nation proud) :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

You'd think we'd learn from those teenage experiences, but every now and then we forget (well I do anyway). I was 17 the first time I got really hammered,

I woke up on my back looking up at the bottom of a pool table. I knew I needed to find the bathroom quick, but I couldn't get to my feet. I crawled on my hands

and knees and hung my head over the edge of the toilet and puked for what seemed three days. I went home and slept all day Saturday and till noon Sunday.

My loving mother woke me up and asked me if I'd like a beer? I almost threw up again! I remember her laughing as she left my bedroom. My dad was what

they called a working alcoholic. He'd come home, eat dinner, then sit in his chair and chain smoke a pack of cigs and drink half a bottle of cheap booze. When the

bottle was half empty he'd put his cigarette out and go to bed. Then he'd get up a 5AM and go to work again. He always said he got his work ethic from his

Irish mother, but his drinking ability came from his Scottish dad. Lung cancer killed him two years after he retired.

DavidMil

It's easy just having one drink. It's also easy to throw caution to the wind and just get stupid drunk. The real skill is learning how to get as hammered as possible, without barfing, getting too sick, or getting too impaired. ;)

I'm sort of on the way to this one but I think I need Avery to code me a cheat option to avoid the headaches...

You'd think we'd learn from those teenage experiences, but every now and then we forget (well I do anyway). I was 17 the first time I got really hammered,

I woke up on my back looking up at the bottom of a pool table. I knew I needed to find the bathroom quick, but I couldn't get to my feet. I crawled on my hands

and knees and hung my head over the edge of the toilet and puked for what seemed three days. I went home and slept all day Saturday and till noon Sunday.

My loving mother woke me up and asked me if I'd like a beer? I almost threw up again! I remember her laughing as she left my bedroom. My dad was what

they called a working alcoholic. He'd come home, eat dinner, then sit in his chair and chain smoke a pack of cigs and drink half a bottle of cheap booze. When the

bottle was half empty he'd put his cigarette out and go to bed. Then he'd get up a 5AM and go to work again. He always said he got his work ethic from his

Irish mother, but his drinking ability came from his Scottish dad. Lung cancer killed him two years after he retired.

DavidMil

So far apart yet so much the same...My old man got so drunk he fell asleep in front of a 3 bar electric heater and when he finally woke up in pain the fire had basically fused his plastic coat and skin in to a melted burning mess..

Didn't stop him getting bladdered more, lost track of him when I was 20 (now 55), I'd presume his liver passed away before him..