IGNORED

Unidentified device Any ideas?

Stevejohnson6

Not sure I've every heard of someone that collects early video editing or live-switching hardware. I'm sure there is someone... I would probably try to eBay it. You'll probably want to hook some video to it and a composite output monitor and see if it works, first.

How do you know this was made by Atari? Yes it is a video editing device before we had software like Pinnacle Studio & Final Cut Pro to do all the fancy editing. You would be running two input video sources (VCRs or cameras) and outputting to one video device where you would be bouncing back and forth between your two video sources. It's live editing. And probably a bit more difficult cause you'd have to be on your toes doing it.

R.Cade is right, it's an old video mixer. It's pretty easy to tell, as most of the buttons on the front have to do with settings for video wipes. I've seen a lot of mixers, but I'm not familiar with this particular model. I'm guessing it has two video inputs? Most likely would have been used in an old A/B tape editing system. My guess is that it would have also had a titler that worked in conjunction with it. The use is so limited I would guess it has little to no value, unless it would be as a collectible.

• Like 1