IGNORED

The UAV Rev. D Video Upgrade Thread

Bryan

Bryan is it possible for you to upload a dxf or dwg file showing the outline of your board and the thru-holes? Reason I ask is I want to integrate your board into a project I've been working on, and having this information will make it much easier and more accurate. I would prefer the drawing's units of measure to be in inches, but if in metric I can convert.

- Michael

According to the board house, the UAVs are ready to ship. As soon as I have confirmation I'll start taking payments. If you haven't heard from me regarding your reservation, I'll get caught up on messages later today (sorry, in the process of moving).

Bryan is it possible for you to upload a dxf or dwg file showing the outline of your board and the thru-holes? Reason I ask is I want to integrate your board into a project I've been working on, and having this information will make it much easier and more accurate. I would prefer the drawing's units of measure to be in inches, but if in metric I can convert.

- Michael

I'm working off a laptop without all my usual software, but I can get you coordinates of the key points.

-Bry

• Like 2

I'm back in Costa Rica and all boards have been shipped (I still need to send a couple more tracking numbers out). My trip to the US was a combination of working on some projects for my old boss, dealing with my house purchase/move to Michigan, and staying up late soldering boards. So, I'm behind on correspondence, but I'll try to answer everyone over the next couple days.

Installation is the same as with Rev C, but I'll get a condensed version going here as well. As soon as I'm back in April, I'll begin work on a new universal audio buffer board. I might ask to borrow some computers I don't have in exchange for free installation of boards so I can get some really good pictures.

• Like 6

I'm back in Costa Rica and all boards have been shipped (I still need to send a couple more tracking numbers out). My trip to the US was a combination of working on some projects for my old boss, dealing with my house purchase/move to Michigan, and staying up late soldering boards. So, I'm behind on correspondence, but I'll try to answer everyone over the next couple days.

Installation is the same as with Rev C, but I'll get a condensed version going here as well. As soon as I'm back in April, I'll begin work on a new universal audio buffer board. I might ask to borrow some computers I don't have in exchange for free installation of boards so I can get some really good pictures.

Mine arrived today.

I received mine. I was a bit nervous as I have never done any kind of solder job even remotely as "complex" as this one.

Anyway. After 2 hours I has the thing installed - and it worked!

The picture quality is brilliant. My PAL 800xl is now in vibrant color!

I had to adjust the chroma setting on my PVM monitor just a touch to avoid it looking too dull but that was the only issue I ran into.

Question: What is the pot on the board for?

Thanks Bryan - you are a whiz!

Best,

Sarge

• Like 1

For those looking to install an audio jack on the 400, this is the current solution:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255424-atari-400-sound-mod-for-uav/

Question: What is the pot on the board for?

It adjusts the time relationship between chroma and luma. For PAL, it can be left in the center position. On NTSC, it changes the artifact colors. The even/odd pixel sizing varies quite a bit on the Ataris so use the test program when adjusting it to make sure your setting doesn't cause any single pixels to be dropped out. This will tend to happen at the extreme clockwise setting.

• Like 1

I have about 40 more boards from this run that can ship in April. I will start a 2nd reservation list for those. THIS LIST IS NOW FULL

Member          P       B       K
----------------------------------
akator          1       0       0
TheMontezuma    1       0       0
Evidious        1       0       0
electronizer    3       0       0
pedalpowered    1       0       0
citrus3000psi   0       1       0
pixelmischief   2       0       0
deltronik       1       0       0
tf_hh           2       0       0
EamonShoot      2       0       0
bax001          1       0       0
iesposta        2       0       0
Tom2ndMate      1       0       0
STeSearcher     1       0       0
Serpentor       1       1       0
MitchSchaft     0       0       2
firestorm       2       0       0
DrVenkman       1       0       0
Witchboard      1       0       0
48kRAM          1       1       0
chilidog        1       1       0
Firedawg        2       0       2
bjcorr          1       1       0
DMG1972         1       0       0
papa_november   0       1       0
iainjh          1       0       0
driph           1       2       0
  • Like 6

Got one of mine installed in my main 800xl. Picture looks great. Just slightly better then the Low Budget board I had in it I think. Now to decide which board goes in my 400 or spare 800xl.

Glad you like it. Many of the gains can be seen on a scope but won't make a huge difference in practice (analog video is quite tolerant). This upgrade is about attention to detail but sometimes simpler mods like the Super Video XL mod can get you 80-90% of the way there.

I designed this because I wanted an easy way to get the best that could be derived from the TIA/GTIA's outputs with a reasonably-sized circuit.

• Like 2