IGNORED

The UAV Rev. D Video Upgrade Thread

Bryan

Hi!

I need some help installing the UAV into an 2600 AP / Rev.6.

I can´t find anything in this thread - has anyone a good idea on this?

Greetings,

Jens.

Pick up the video signals from the TIA chip shoulders or solder points under the board, grab audio from audio signal resistors there on the right.

Pick up the video signals from the TIA chip shoulders or solder points under the board, grab audio from audio signal resistors there on the right.

Hi!

Thank you for your answer! Could you please explain that to me in more detail? Maybe with some marks on the photo...Thank you!!!

Greetings,

Jens.

Hi!

Thank you for your answer! Could you please explain that to me in more detail? Maybe with some marks on the photo...Thank you!!!

Greetings,

Jens.

The first page of this thread has a post by Bryan with links to posts explaining/showing how to install in any Atari machine. This particular post, plus any copy of the TIA pinout, shows where to pick up the video signals.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246613-new-video-upgrade-coming-soon/?p=3413611

I can't locate my own installation pictures right off-hand but someone will post some soon, I'm sure, in case you can't figure it out from a 2600 schematic.

1st blog entry: The 2600 6-Switch:

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/695-the-uav-blog/

Hi Bryan -- Now that I have my new UAV and audio mixer, I can't wait to get into my six switch.

Question -- did you happen to do a "how to" for the UAV and audio board for the 5200 or 7800 by chance? That would be extremely helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Before and after pictures of Frogger on a light sixer I did a UAV rev D with audio mixing board mod to this evening. I didnt realize how bad the RF modulator was acting up until I pulled it back apart. But the install was easy thanks to the great instructions and the quality is unbelievable, even on this shitty work bench crt. Still have to drill the holes and put it back together, but wow! Cant wait to attack the 5200 and 7800 now!

Thanks Bryan

post-61342-0-45364200-1511744193_thumb.jpeg

post-61342-0-59813000-1511744221_thumb.jpeg

post-61342-0-53694700-1511744251_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Hi -- this looks awesome.. Can I ask why you didn't go onto the 4050? Is it because you pulled out an existing mod with the wires already in tact?

I don’t think the 7800 has a 4050. Also, the UAV needs the MARIA Color signal in addition to TIA Color. The UAV Rev D has a connection point labeled for the separate color signal.

Yeah the 7800 needs to have wires connected to specific points since you are tying in the Maria and the Tia. Luckily all the points are basically right next to each other. I didn't take any pictures that show the connections apparently, normally I do. Honestly it's not difficult to install the wires. For video there are 7 solder points and for audio, technically there are 2. Then just the power and ground.

Hi,

I'm looking for one UAV board to install in my Atari 5200, these pictures look gorgeous. I don't know whether they are still available, should a PM to Bryan suffice?

Thanks and kind regards,

I sent him a PM at least a week ago and haven’t gotten a reply yet. Going to try to send again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question -- did you happen to do a "how to" for the UAV and audio board for the 5200 or 7800 by chance? That would be extremely helpful. Thanks a bunch!

I just got the 2600jr instructions up:

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/695/entry-14383-install-uav-ac-in-the-2600-jr/

And next will probably be the 7800. Sorry it's taken this long.

Also, all remaining orders should be shipped by early next week. I'm getting low on stock already so I guess I'm ordering another batch.

• Like 4

Hi Bryan :) ,

Just curious if these boards will eventually be sold in the AtariAge Store? Unless I'm mistaken, I think I remember that being a possibility.

Anyway I'm so glad that you made this video upgrade, and also quite pleased with how you keep churning them out. I just hope you are around for a long time to come.

• Like 3

Oh man. Hoping my order "makes the cut."

Are you guys pulling RF modulators from your various systems or leaving them in? Just curious.

I've removed them from two systems, left them installed but disconnected from two others. I seemed to get a cleaner signal with the modulator power cut. Since none of my machines have RF shielding anymore, they're more sensitive to extraneous RF interference.

Hi Bryan :) ,

Just curious if these boards will eventually be sold in the AtariAge Store? Unless I'm mistaken, I think I remember that being a possibility.

Anyway I'm so glad that you made this video upgrade, and also quite pleased with how you keep churning them out. I just hope you are around for a long time to come.

Thanks!

There is a lot of hand assembly involved in these and I never got far enough ahead to ship large quantities off, so I've continued to make them on a per order basis. For now, this is more manageable for me.

Also, the current lot for November is sold out (thanks!!!!), so I'm placing another order for boards. These will probably ship in January. All currently paid orders will ship the beginning of next week.

-Bry

• Like 2