IGNORED

The UAV Rev. D Video Upgrade Thread

Bryan

When you get a chance, just type this line in BASIC (don't even need a line number):

GRAPHICS 9: FOR K=0 TO 79: COLOR K/5: PLOT K,0:DRAWTO K,191: NEXT K: FOR K=0 TO 0 STEP 0: NEXT K

It will generate GTIA shade bars and it should look like this:

post-3606-0-88976500-1514940090_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

inconsistent... that's all the way in the other direction... you must have calibrated in spec monitors and projectors before you can judge this.. make sure your cables are quality as well... if nothing has been altered and one thing is dark and the other is bright you've got other issues..

Hi Bryan, I've sent you a PM about ordering the video mod Rev D!

Audio isn't part of the upgrade, so it must be picked off the board using one of the existing methods. Once I'm back in the US and can get a 7800 I can post about methods I've tested.

After looking at the 7800 schematic, I might eventually make an audio buffer board that works on both the 400 and the 7800 since both systems need to mix audio from two sources.

Did you ever conclude the ultimate audio mod or make the audio buffer board for the 400 sir?

Thanks for all you're doing.

Hi guys, as I understand it there's no installation guide available so I'm a little unclear on how to connect the wiring to the monitor. In my case I need a simple RCA composite plug coming from the Rev D mod board.

Is it as simple as wiring the 2 wires that are in a standard composite cable, into the appropriate mod board screws? Or do I need to combine chroma and luma?

Hi guys, as I understand it there's no installation guide available so I'm a little unclear on how to connect the wiring to the monitor. In my case I need a simple RCA composite plug coming from the Rev D mod board.

Is it as simple as wiring the 2 wires that are in a standard composite cable, into the appropriate mod board screws? Or do I need to combine chroma and luma?

Read the first posts in this thread. There are links to installation posts for whatever machine you’re thinking of installing in.

It would also help if you mentioned in your post which machine you’re talking about.

Sorry, Atari 400.

Okay, if you're just wanting a straight-up composite cable, then all you need to connect to on the UAV are the Composite and ground wires. You don't need the Chroma or Luma signals at all for that.

If you want to do a separate Chroma/Luma cable like for a vintage computer monitor, you'll need to wire up those signals as well. For S-video, you wire up those Chroma/Luma signals into the S-video jack.

Okay, if you're just wanting a straight-up composite cable, then all you need to connect to on the UAV are the Composite and ground wires. You don't need the Chroma or Luma signals at all for that.

If you want to do a separate Chroma/Luma cable like for a vintage computer monitor, you'll need to wire up those signals as well. For S-video, you wire up those Chroma/Luma signals into the S-video jack.

Thanks! Sounds very straightforward. Now I just wait patiently for a reply to my PM... [emoji16]

Howdy all,

I'm interested in this for my UK pal Atari 800xl (imported to NZ by the guy I purchased off) but I am wondering if its worth it given my display (Sony KLV-19T400A - multi region TV with component, PC RGB connector, HDMI, composite - but no S-video).

Are there any converters recommended to convert the s-video signal to RGB, component or HDMI video? Or does this upgrade provide sufficient improvement to warrant installation based on composite video improvements alone?

Another option is that I acquire another TV or monitor. If so, can you guys recommend any particular brand / model combos recommended? (A bonus would be proven available monitor suitable for the ST and Amiga!)

I have seen s-video to rgb or composite cables on Ebay, but can't understand how a cheap cable can convert between what I understand to be colour incompatible video transmission formats...

Apologies if Ive missed any relevant discussion about this - it's taken me about 4 days off and on to read all 26 odd pages on this forum.

Edited by Irata 008