IGNORED

The UAV Rev. D Video Upgrade Thread

Bryan

I want to give everyone an update:

I have been working full-time on renovating my house to sell. As many of you know, my wife and I spent 3 1/2 years in Costa Rica and I had a large freelance job lined up that I thought would provide income while we were there. Well, it kinda fizzled due to a lack of interest from the other party and when my wife and I moved back, we were deeply in debt. I bought a cheap fixer-upper house in Michigan so my wife could take care of her mother with advanced diabetes. At first, we were going to live here and slowly work off our debts, but with the rising real estate market combined with a generous offer to live cheaply with friends, it has become important to finish up my repairs and sell the house ASAP for a fresh start. To this end I've been living in a construction zone and maxing out my credit cards to get the work finished and I hope I'm in my final month of this gigantic task (this house was cute, but completely trashed in every way).

I'm shipping out current orders as I can make the time, and I hope to resume development of future products as soon as I get my lab set up again somewhere else. I know I still have PMs to answer and I'll fill as many remaining orders as I can, but I'm not planning on ordering any more boards until next year. I just wanted to explain why I dropped out of sight for a little while.

-Bryan

• Like 10

I know I still have PMs to answer and I'll fill as many remaining orders as I can, but I'm not planning on ordering any more boards until next year. I just wanted to explain why I dropped out of sight for a little while.

-Bryan

Hey Bryan - great to hear from you, even though it's too bad you've been so swamped with real life obligations. From my perspective, those are much more important than hobby stuff.

Take your time with my PM; you have much more important stuff going on, and I'm perfectly content to wait 'til you get caught up with others and have more time to devote to fun stuff again. :)

• Like 1

I want to give everyone an update:

I have been working full-time on renovating my house to sell. As many of you know, my wife and I spent 3 1/2 years in Costa Rica and I had a large freelance job lined up that I thought would provide income while we were there. Well, it kinda fizzled due to a lack of interest from the other party and when my wife and I moved back, we were deeply in debt. I bought a cheap fixer-upper house in Michigan so my wife could take care of her mother with advanced diabetes. At first, we were going to live here and slowly work off our debts, but with the rising real estate market combined with a generous offer to live cheaply with friends, it has become important to finish up my repairs and sell the house ASAP for a fresh start. To this end I've been living in a construction zone and maxing out my credit cards to get the work finished and I hope I'm in my final month of this gigantic task (this house was cute, but completely trashed in every way).

I'm shipping out current orders as I can make the time, and I hope to resume development of future products as soon as I get my lab set up again somewhere else. I know I still have PMs to answer and I'll fill as many remaining orders as I can, but I'm not planning on ordering any more boards until next year. I just wanted to explain why I dropped out of sight for a little while.

-Bryan

Hey Bryan, sorry to hear things are going so rough atm Hopefully things will smooth out here soon. I never got a chance to openly thank you for your courteous help a while back and for making such a wonderful product. Thank you again good sir! :)

I just wanted to explain why I dropped out of sight for a little while.

-Bryan

Bryan, good luck for getting ahead with your plans and thanks for taking the time to give an update! All the best!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan thanks for the update. I hope very much things work out well with your house and life situation!

I would like some more as well, please. No rush. Next year is fine. Would you please add some form of brightness adjust on the UAV for a future run? For all my 3 UAV-D's the image is much darker than all of my stock machines. I'm forced to max the brightness settings on the Dell 2007WP screens to use the UAV-D machines. That would be fine except that going back to stock machines I need to use the terrible/clunky menus in the monitors to drop back to regular brightness/contrast settings.

Bryan thanks for the update. I hope very much things work out well with your house and life situation!

I would like some more as well, please. No rush. Next year is fine. Would you please add some form of brightness adjust on the UAV for a future run? For all my 3 UAV-D's the image is much darker than all of my stock machines. I'm forced to max the brightness settings on the Dell 2007WP screens to use the UAV-D machines. That would be fine except that going back to stock machines I need to use the terrible/clunky menus in the monitors to drop back to regular brightness/contrast settings.

The UAV puts out the correct peak-to-peak video level of 1V, which is the industry standard rating.

example

post-42561-0-95155500-1541891195.jpg

The UAV takes the horribly inconsistent video of the 8-Bit series, and finally makes it right. Sure you could boost the UAV's output via a brightness control to make it match with whatever X,Y,Z Atari system's stock video output you are using as a reference. But you would be tweaking it from the wrong end in my opinion, and be far better off to install UAV's in all of your systems, or possibly do one of the alternative DIY video fixes such as ClearPic to bring it more inline.

My main point is that there is nothing wrong with the UAV in it's present form. But there is something very wrong with the video in nearly every A8 system made following the 800. Probably everytime the engineers began working on the video circuits, they took a toke off of a big fat joint ;) .

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 130XE install is no longer a problem, I just ran the chroma wire to the DIN connector. I couldn't get chroma using the connections referred to in the instructions. It may be due to some of the other mods I have done on that computer. Why not just run Luna, chroma, and composite directly to the DIN connector?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian, new user to this Forum. Id like to buy a UAV or two. I have the original model 800 Computer and have been actively searching for a model 400 as well. I tried messaging you directly to inquire about a purchase but it said you arent accepting new messages. Please message me when you have time. thanks.