IGNORED

Merry and peaceful Christmas!

Irgendwer

Merry Christmas to you all and a special big thank you to all those who continue to develop new stuff for our aging machines and the restless lot who write and podcast about news and not only snoop out those who can tell us about the past of Atari but also skillfully interview them.

• Like 3

Merry Christmas for all Atari folks! Let the new Year 2017 be better for you. More productions, more Atari but don't forget about your families. Let them be support for you!

Old production but still actual: http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=7092

Still one of my favorite demos. Remember this one from back in the early 80's!

• Like 1

The only kind of genuine Christmas message is the 'Peace on Earth - Goodwill towards all mankind' message - as well as the happy holidays and reunion with friends/family over this period.

It is of course - especially - the winter/summer solstice that it is the real celebration of - which the Christians hijacked - they don't know that Jesus' birthday was actually around the 3rd of February.

My message would be in line with the top one - in that if we are to have 'peace' we must turn away and reject violence in real life - that using violence never solves anything. That using violence for good - never works, it only endorses the use of violence.

The whole world turned mad, when nukes became part of everyday life and part of the military - thank you - USA. The Russians got their nukes via spys - those who thought the US should not be the sole owner of them. Anyway - like Pandora's box - the problems have only multiplied since then. The only way to stop this madness is to downsize the nukes, and then to finally ban/destroy them, to return some kind of sanity back to our chosen destiny.

A world leader would set the example for others to follow. Militaries should be downsized - and they should be sent out to help those in need - like those suffering from earthquakes, etc etc. To build bridges between countries/etc.

As human beings we are all equal in this world - all living the one life we all know of - and have the same needs and wants as anyone else.

No one person is of greater importance than another - and no one is less deserving - or unequal.

The Pope, the (British) Queen, the US President, etc etc are all just figureheads of insitutions/etc - they themselves are not important at all, because there's always someone else to take their place. The above so-called leaders are not 'leaders' at all - because they do not live the example for others to follow - and are merely dictators.

Encouraging the greedy is not what we want to do - people who want more than their fair share.

In our entertainments - we should not be encouraging the use of violence - even though it is just entertainment - and for entertainment only.

As there are those few - who don't see the difference at all. How violence should not be transferable into real life.

The lesson of war is always the same. War is insanity. It is the end of civilisation when war runs rampant. No one wins in any war - it just clears the playing field - for it all to happen all over again (and again) in it's own good time. War never solves anything.

When humankind fights against itself - it is literally brother against brother, sister against sister, etc.

The real problem always is - we have to learn to get along with one another - no matter what our differences are - that we should face up to the real issues - and solve them with reasoning and intelligence, etc. And usually it is simply - overpopulation of this Earth - that we need to downsize our population and keep the population of humankind on this Earth, down to a sustainable level - because we are no different to the various animal populations here - when they get out of control, etc.

Harvey

• Like 2

I appreciate the sentiments, but in this life you cannot trust that all sides will abide by any agreement. The nation that lays down its arms will quickly be invaded by a neighbor who did not. We can and should strive for peace, but it will always be temporary because no leader lives forever and evil men frequently rise to power.

If you are fortunate enough to live where you are able to vote, all you can do for the future is teach your children to be good and knowledgeable judges of character.

Happy New Year!

• Like 4

It's always easy to tell what is true versus what is not true. What is good from what is clearly wrong. To choose creation over that which is destruction. Except our so-called leaders - do not stick to this simple clear truth but serve their own agendas instead.

Story telling should also reflect this but they become misaligned in order to become focused on moneymaking instead.

Religion never started off on the right foot - because they serve their own purpose and tell tall tales instead.

We all become conditioned this way or that way - and forget to look inside our own mind, heart and mind says - and believe in our own values.

Our parents did teach us good values - and also trusted in the institutions - forgetting how they can fail us at crucial times.

Harvey

I always remember the line Michael Douglas has in Wall Street where his Broker character Gordon Gecko says "Greed is good"..

Sadly corruption has become the norm where you can't even trust sending aid to starving people because you know the governments will pocket pretty much all of it for themselves. A world where people you elect do what suits their profile and that of their corrupt friends.

I was brought up to say please and thank you, to respect those old and wiser and to give your seat to those that need it more on public transport, I still cherish those values and still do all of those thing with a less giving my seat up as I actually need it more these days. Now none of those things cost money or are hard to do but they are so rarely seen nowadays. A perfect example comes from a few years back when I went to see an old friend, as I left and was heading to my car I heard a sound behind me and saw an old lady who had fallen over, I walked over to her to offer help but it was clear from her face that she was shaking in fear at me coming over. Now I'm a big lump of 6ft 1 and quite broad but she was terrified because it became clear she thought I was going to mug her or worse, I gave her a big smile and assessed the situation and said in a quiet polite voice "can I help you" and helped her to her feet and walked her back to her block door, she thanked me and an hour or so later my friend rang me to say he had spoken to the lady in question as she was a friend and passed on her thanks to me and apologised for being afraid. It really upset me that an elderly person could be so afraid these days, the youth now treat them as dirt, just people easy to rob...

Basically its a bad world, respect is no longer earned, its demanded...Core values have changed, its no longer my era of them, its now look after number one and screw every one else.

Its a world I am starting to not recognise, where greed is seen to be good, where morals are worth nothing...

I'm not religious as I came from Belfast in Northern Ireland as a kid at the height of the troubles there, my parents were seen as an unholy mix, a catholic and a protestant, that almost cost us all our lives as we were given 2 choices by a genuine pitch fork type mob, leave then (at 1am) or be killed in our house, this was no game, this was deadly serious so we left in our bed clothes at 1am and came to England. So I look around the world and at what happened to us and see what goes on in the name of religion and for me it stinks but I still have the manners to respect what people believe as long as its not forced on me, if it makes them happy then I'm glad but sadly I look at the Middle east etc and see hate mixed with greed all in the name of religion but underneath you know there's much more to it but as always its for all the wrong reasons.

So when I say Happy New year I really mean it because the way its going we won't be here for very long. I sometimes think what an alien race watching us would think of how we are and I wonder if they would come down and help us but at the back of my mind I think two things, one, they would be disgusted by what we have become and would be better off clearing off to let us wipe ourselves out and two, if they did help how long would it take us to take what they gave and us it for war.

Anyway, lets keep our heads and enjoy this wonderful hobby we have, hoping for one day, peace in our time..

Paul.

• Like 2

all the tired noise again.... what difference does it make if I were born on the United States holiday of July 4th, am I co-opting the 'holiday' by celebrating my birth on that pre set date, and if I were super popular celebrity or leader and they make that day a national celebration of my life should that start endless prattle about the holiday belonging to my legacy or conversely the independence of a country?

Knock it off silly rabbits... IT CAN BE BOTH.... let it mean whatever a person wants it to mean to them... I like the idea of peace thru understanding not thru the commentary of group thinking secularists etc etc etc.

Blue moon la da de dahdah dee dah....

I think it's obvious by now it is Christmas and the Solstice and in another 500 years it could be World Peace Day too... if it's world peace day should we abolish or go to war because the solstice still exists or someone was born that day....sheesh celebrate it all... It's a wonderful life, try to enjoy it... as I have found it can end all too soon!

I know all the reasons for the seasons.... they are not in conflict, so why are we.

Merry Christmas! Catch a star! May the solstice mark the start of the New Year and glad tidings to follow!

Thank you for doing this, helping the old woman, Paul. You are a good man. We must lead, by example, to provide a balance. Thirty years ago I became an Eagle Scout, and I have never lost sight of the foundations of Scouting. The Scout Slogan, Motto, Oath, & Law have been guiding principals, throughout my life. I was happy to read that you had helped her, and horrified at her initial reaction. I feel that the present deterioration of society, worldwide, is, at least in part, due to the demonization of Scouting, and the resultant lack of enrollment in the organization. In this holiday season, I would like to ask both parents & grandparents to educate yourselves about Scouting, and consider getting involved as Scout Leaders, to help to give kids a better chance of growing up to be respectful citizens who care about others, and the world around them. To me, this is the best present that all of us could ever hope to receive, communities built upon mutual respect & consistency of character.

I always remember the line Michael Douglas has in Wall Street where his Broker character Gordon Gecko says "Greed is good"..

Sadly corruption has become the norm where you can't even trust sending aid to starving people because you know the governments will pocket pretty much all of it for themselves. A world where people you elect do what suits their profile and that of their corrupt friends.

I was brought up to say please and thank you, to respect those old and wiser and to give your seat to those that need it more on public transport, I still cherish those values and still do all of those thing with a less giving my seat up as I actually need it more these days. Now none of those things cost money or are hard to do but they are so rarely seen nowadays. A perfect example comes from a few years back when I went to see an old friend, as I left and was heading to my car I heard a sound behind me and saw an old lady who had fallen over, I walked over to her to offer help but it was clear from her face that she was shaking in fear at me coming over. Now I'm a big lump of 6ft 1 and quite broad but she was terrified because it became clear she thought I was going to mug her or worse, I gave her a big smile and assessed the situation and said in a quiet polite voice "can I help you" and helped her to her feet and walked her back to her block door, she thanked me and an hour or so later my friend rang me to say he had spoken to the lady in question as she was a friend and passed on her thanks to me and apologised for being afraid. It really upset me that an elderly person could be so afraid these days, the youth now treat them as dirt, just people easy to rob...

Basically its a bad world, respect is no longer earned, its demanded...Core values have changed, its no longer my era of them, its now look after number one and screw every one else.

Its a world I am starting to not recognise, where greed is seen to be good, where morals are worth nothing...

I'm not religious as I came from Belfast in Northern Ireland as a kid at the height of the troubles there, my parents were seen as an unholy mix, a catholic and a protestant, that almost cost us all our lives as we were given 2 choices by a genuine pitch fork type mob, leave then (at 1am) or be killed in our house, this was no game, this was deadly serious so we left in our bed clothes at 1am and came to England. So I look around the world and at what happened to us and see what goes on in the name of religion and for me it stinks but I still have the manners to respect what people believe as long as its not forced on me, if it makes them happy then I'm glad but sadly I look at the Middle east etc and see hate mixed with greed all in the name of religion but underneath you know there's much more to it but as always its for all the wrong reasons.

So when I say Happy New year I really mean it because the way its going we won't be here for very long. I sometimes think what an alien race watching us would think of how we are and I wonder if they would come down and help us but at the back of my mind I think two things, one, they would be disgusted by what we have become and would be better off clearing off to let us wipe ourselves out and two, if they did help how long would it take us to take what they gave and us it for war.

Anyway, lets keep our heads and enjoy this wonderful hobby we have, hoping for one day, peace in our time..

Paul.

The wrong kind of values have been glorified in our storytelling - with the superhero movies it becomes painfully obvious to those who are aware - that violence cannot be used to turn things around for any situation. While I have always been a fan of action and sci-fi movies and the like - it became obvious in John Carter - that you have these two warring factions - but you couldn't fell one from the other in the big climatic fight scene - which made it all the more pointless.

Ordinary people just want to live their ordinary lives - without interference from religion or political regimes - telling them what to do. The war in Syria - is very much like the war in Iraq - all over again. The West should not interfere in a foreign war - just imagine any foreign country invading the USA to fix up it's internal problems and bringing the downfall of a corrupt and lying government.

There is one incident (two really) which shows how corrupt the USA government/military has become - that US Presidents lie about. And that is what happened on 9-11 in 2001. How the mass media news agencies also don't tell the truth about what happened on this day. Large Jetliners (757s) did not fly into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. The laws of physics and of credibility says this is not possible given the photographic/video evidence that has been released to the public. If you were to actually do this crazy stunt (and it is a stunt) - you would get an altogether different result from what actually happened back then. For one plane to accurately fly into a Twin Tower - and not have large pieces fall down outside - is one very highly unlikely scenario - but for two to do this impossible event - is even more astronomical. And what happened at the Pentagon is as impossible.

Two women provide a detailed analysis for us - Dr Judy Wood and Barbara Honegger - who provide us with details, etc. That the US military allowed the event(s) to happen - shows their hands were tied this day - to do nothing about it, and to say nothing afterwards.

The terrorist threat has been blown up out of proportion. Though Terrorists will always find a way to threaten the population of any country - and can kill masses of people by any method. They don't have to use explosives or bombs to achieve this end. Those who use these particular methods - do want the publicity and the sick glory that is attributed to them.

The way to stop terrorists I think - is to reveal how pointless and perverted their cause is - that their cause is a false one to begin with. They are not just mad - but especially mad. Religious causes are especially sick and twisted. That in reality all concepts dealing with God - is ultimately false and is part of the human imagination. That any belief in any God - is fundamentally the same - and is flawed. It's always is - a mishmash of different incoherent ideas/concepts thrown in together. The only valid fragment is that of universal consciousness - of being at one with the universe - which is not part of mainstream religions.

Anyway - you can't physically fight for ideas - that it is a mental intellectual fight - in which reason and logic wins - or Occam's razor.

We should all be champions for the truth - and support it. Instead of being ego or self centred - and thinking only of friends, family, etc.

War is always the end of civilisation - in which madness rules. It has the mindset of who has the biggest dick - then parading around and using it. Having nuclear weapons is of the same mentality - it's about joining the biggest dick club - that's how stupid it really is. It is a Pandora's box that should be firmly closed, and to never let humanity have it in possession of - again. There is no point in having it - nuclear deterrent does not work. It never worked in the first place. To have nuclear weapons is pure insanity.

Harvey