IGNORED

Merry Christmas with 2 new games :)

gambler172

Hi Guys

Merry Christmas to the whole 7800 community....

As a Little surprise....2 new games

Asterix...is ready since a Long time,but i promised BOB to wait,until Bentley is released.Asterix is based on the Bentley engine.

The evil NAGMA stole the ingredients for the Magic drink...You must defeat him and find the ingredients....There are 2 easter eggs

in the game....Thanks to Bob,Trebor and Jeff Wierer....

Asterix_test48rc04031.a78

Realm of no 7800

This is a port of a 2600 Adventure named The Realm of No....If anyone is interested...the 2600 game can be purchased at

gooddealgames.com look in the 2600 section......

I ported this game to the 7800,without knowledge of Ataricharles.......I added some simple graphics and some extra Scenes...

and i also put 2 easter eggs in the game.Thanks to Charles for permission,to post this game here in the Forum.

Also thanks to RevEng and Trebor.....

newpro.bas.a78

Hope you enjoy the games....

greetings Walter

• Like 14

Been playing these for the last while.

I think my crt bleeds the colors too much on realm of no the text is pretty much unreadable.

The asterix game is fun to play and I like the tree graphics and the ememies are neat. Whats with the letters the ememies leave behind when killed?

I played till level 2-5 and the long jump near the beginning is impossible I miss it by more than the character width.

I tried continues 3 times and used all my men on the jump it is not even close.

Perhaps it is because I am using the concerto and not the original it is changing things.

Other than that these look like an interesting game and text adventure.

I hope you have a great Christmas.

Thanks to all involved in the development of these.

Been playing these for the last while.

I think my crt bleeds the colors too much on realm of no the text is pretty much unreadable.

The asterix game is fun to play and I like the tree graphics and the ememies are neat. Whats with the letters the ememies leave behind when killed?

I played till level 2-5 and the long jump near the beginning is impossible I miss it by more than the character width.

I tried continues 3 times and used all my men on the jump it is not even close.

Perhaps it is because I am using the concerto and not the original it is changing things.

Other than that these look like an interesting game and text adventure.

I hope you have a great Christmas.

Thanks to all involved in the development of these.

The letters,when killed are roman numbers.All

levels have been tested...Asterix

is heavy,but beatable.Realm of

No looks well on my TV.....And yes...on Concerto,there

are some problems with Asterix...it is heavier to play

Did anybody find the eastereggs?

Edited by gambler172

That must be why the jump is impossible.

It is a but easier than bentley otherwise.

Perhaps all my graphics are not showing up. It was neat to try out at least and gt an idea what they will be like.

I don't emulate but would be great if someone posted some screen shots of the two games what they are supposed to look like.

Maybe Trebor can post a video???

He was my tester :)

Some little help for Asterix....there is a possibility

for small and long jump....both buttons are used....

Oh yeah I am doing the fast running jump at the very end of my platform. I am using uberarcade 7800 arcade stick. Most men I can see using is 2 or 3 if it is a hard jump to make, but 6 or so means my system has to be glitching the rom to make it impossible.

Maybe Trebor can post a video???

He was my tester :)

Below is a play through of the first two rounds with a brief highlight of the third. It has been quite some time since I played, I apologize for being rusty. I did as much editing as I had the opportunity for.

The game runs under the ProSystem emulator if the BIOS is disabled, will crash if the BIOS is enabled, and just blank screens under MAME/MESS. Real hardware testing (from me) was unable to be performed at the time as the opportunity to get it onto a (flash) cart was not an option.

Note too, the game being derived from an early BBCQ release, it has TIA sound and difficulty is greater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sETNI9mKyaA

Merry Xmas... any chance of the normal BINs here? :)

Here are the posted files with the header stripped out:

Asterix_test48rc04031.binnewpro.bas.bin

• Like 2

2-5 I see Trebor makes the platform jump by a man width. He aslo fast runs/shoots while on the platform. I just fast run and jump from the edge and miss by a man width. Could be flash cart problems.

I am going to try tapping like that and see if that helps scroll the ledge over before jumping. May be a trick to get it to work.

I find this much easier than bbcq.

I can not get past the first world on bbCq with 5 continues.

Getting the sword on astrix is harder as bbCq pauses the enemies for 2 seconds while you get your weapon. Asterixs plays it thru and depending on where you are in the game can result in all lives lost one after the other.