IGNORED

Apparently I should start collecting reprints of Ultima 1.

Android8675

He's about twice as insane as everybody else selling Utima games for $400 to $600. I like to check on things like that every

so often to see how long it takes them to start lowering the prices. And I have to admit that I tried something like that once

with a pre-production 1050 board. It was covered with blue wires from missing traces and the v regs were attached to the

boards with wires. I was told that there were only about 100 of these made as a test run. I can post a picture of it if anybody

is interested I was all excited about what I was going to do with the money. It didn't sell (and my wife laughed at me). So I

put it back in the plastic and took it back to the attic.

Sigh,

DavidMil

• Like 1

He's about twice as insane as everybody else selling Utima games for $400 to $600. I like to check on things like that every

so often to see how long it takes them to start lowering the prices. And I have to admit that I tried something like that once

with a pre-production 1050 board. It was covered with blue wires from missing traces and the v regs were attached to the

boards with wires. I was told that there were only about 100 of these made as a test run. I can post a picture of it if anybody

is interested I was all excited about what I was going to do with the money. It didn't sell (and my wife laughed at me). So I

Sigh,

DavidMil

That would be nice to see pictures of, both sides of the board when you have a chance.

Karl wants pictures of the board. Yeah, that would be interesting. But a dump of the eprom might be even more ... not asking, just mentioning it would be interesting :)

I've got a CIB big-box Ultima II (or, I should probably say Ultima ][) which was the first computer game I could honestly call myself addicted to. I stayed up many nights with my friends trying to advance the character. It's hard to describe today how mind blowing it was at the time.

Anyway, I sold most of my boxed software when I moved to Costa Rica, but that's one of the few things I kept.

I've got a CIB big-box Ultima II (or, I should probably say Ultima ][) which was the first computer game I could honestly call myself addicted to. I stayed up many nights with my friends trying to advance the character. It's hard to describe today how mind blowing it was at the time.

Anyway, I sold most of my boxed software when I moved to Costa Rica, but that's one of the few things I kept.

OMG, me too. Though I admit I pirated it originally, at least the guy I got it from worked at Atari. Buncha pirates.

Ultima ][, Never did get around to finishing that one, but I admit I played it for like 8 hours the other day, got the Quicksword! So awesome.

OMG, me too. Though I admit I pirated it originally, at least the guy I got it from worked at Atari. Buncha pirates.

Ultima ][, Never did get around to finishing that one, but I admit I played it for like 8 hours the other day, got the Quicksword! So awesome.

We got so frustrated we edited the player disk so we could use a frigate to kill the Minax. Now that I think of it, that was pretty 1337 for a bunch of 11 or 12 year olds. :)

• Like 1

This would explain why you treat artifacting as an important element of your video upgrades! Unlike the Euro guys who ignore it completely....(ahem, VBXE, FPGA GTIA).

BTW, most of the RPG's of that early era were ports from the Apple II (hence the prevalence of artifacting, since that's the only way the A2 generates color!). It's a good platform to explore older RPG's on (the hardware is actually quite cheap compared to A8 stuff). Boxed software on the other hand is insanely expensive compared to other platforms.

This would explain why you treat artifacting as an important element of your video upgrades! Unlike the Euro guys who ignore it completely....(ahem, VBXE, FPGA GTIA).

Well, yeah, there were a lot of games that used it, and I think Atari could have paid more attention to making it useful rather than random since the high-rez modes are already so color limited. With a little extra hardware I could add a whole slew of artifacting abilities, but they'd only work on NTSC.

Well I give up. I've tried every way I can think of over the last two day to paste the pictures to a reply but this site won't let me do it.

Anybody know the secret or got any ideas? I even tried doing it from my wife's PC. The copy and paste options on both PC's are

grayed out.

DavidMil

Well I give up. I've tried every way I can think of over the last two day to paste the pictures to a reply but this site won't let me do it.

Anybody know the secret or got any ideas? I even tried doing it from my wife's PC. The copy and paste options on both PC's are

grayed out.

DavidMil

A way of including pictures/etc is to use the attach option whereby you find the pic on your hard drive to include.

Would try this method - if the copy/paste method doesn't work.

grayed out.

DavidMil

Use the full editor (More Reply Options button) and attach them.

Please understand that this board was supposedly dug out of dumpster. It does look like it too. I put it up on ebay and said "sold as is".

The power light did light up but that was a far as I tested it. After it didn't sell I hooked up a known good transport to the board and after a

speed adjustment it worked fine. Anyway thanks everyone for the tip about attachments. I didn't know it was under more options.

David Milsop

Kingwood, Texas

post-47264-0-98967000-1483042074_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-43751200-1483042095_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-20476800-1483042109_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-00239700-1483042129_thumb.jpg

Something that I just noticed; all the Vregs are in the correct location for the finial revision of the boards. So they must have know

that there were going to be changes in the next rev. level (along with the missing traces). By the way, the Eprom has a rev level of

either 30P or 30R. Not sure.

David