IGNORED

CommVex 2017 Discussion Thread

cjameslv

Yes, I am concerned. I spoke to Al Jackson, who has now left 5C's, and advised him of Robert's post. Al emphasized that he had not said 5C's was supporting CommVEx but that he as an individual would probably go to the event and support by paying his admission. He said he would contact Robert and let him know that Robert's post was incorrect. I guess Robert is in denial and dreaming that 5C's would be supporting his event, which we are not. We are planning on hosting CRX, Commodore Retro eXpo (working title), that same weekend. Even if CRX should not take place, 5C's will not be a part of CommVEx.

Forrest Nettles

President, 5C's (acting, until elections)

Edited by flnettles

So, I am probably going to attend this event now that the reigns have changed hands. Anyone concerned that Robert is still advertising the original Commvex and pretty much ignoring this?

From what I understand, the Funds for Commvex is via a separate bank account with the Fresno group. Robert is the president and Dick Estel is the treasurer. I doubt Dick knows what is happening with Commvex since re retired from helping with Commvex last year (age related). I would hope the Fresno group would review the situation and make a determination on how to proceed that would save the money that would be spent on this Commvex fiasco and help support the Commodore Retro Expo. Since Robert is the founder of the Frenso group, I do not know if they have bylaws that would allow the members to have a voice in the running of Commvex or even the leadership of the Fresno group.

I think at some point, Robert (and others) will need to realize that far too much damage has been done to the CommVEx "brand" at this point for any kind of recovery that leaves Robert involved in operations. It's truly unfortunate, but I think this is really the culmination of many years worth of ill will generated by Robert's actions. It's sad to hear that this is causing problems for 5C and maybe even the Fresno club, but I would hope that people can pull together and focus on the real point to having this kind of event in the first place: friends and a common interest.

My only hope is that Robert will realize what's happening here, why it's happening, and what he needs to do in order to salvage CommVEx for everyone else who appreciated the event.

(I would like to weigh in however, that calling it CRX might make some people think about Hondas the whole time. Maybe it's just the Jalopnik reader in me...)

Hello all! We had our pre-meeting this past Saturday and everyone present seems to be fully on-board with the new event/CRX plan! We will be meeting this coming Saturday to formally vote on this, and Jim Drew will be attending to talk to us and share his ideas for this event.

I've gotten several new member signups but I need some clarification as to who is who as far as handles here on this board and actual names of our new members, and also people interested in signing up as 5C's members (for a paltry $12/year!) :) So everyone involved please email me at flnettles@hotmail.com with your names and handles so I can match up all the info I have coming in!

Forrest Nettles

President, 5C's

Edited by flnettles

Today, 1/21 we had our January meeting and it's official - by unanimous vote 5C's will not be taking part in CommVEx, and we will be holding our own separate event. Assuming we can book our preferred venue on July 29-30 we will be hosting CRX, Commodore Retro Expo along with Jim Drew. More details to be posted on www.lemon64.com. Look there for our CRX LAS VEGAS forum thread!

Edited by flnettles

5C's has received a donation of $2000 from an anonymous donor and the money sent to CBMStuff and will be combined with whatever additional expenses we encounter, to be provided by CBMStuff.com! I wish I could share with you the name of our latest sponsor, but at his request we are keeping that low key!

So, we're on a roll, and CRX is HAPPENING! We're in current negotiations with the Plaza Hotel and will have our show dates confirmed very soon! (hopefully tomorrow!) Join us for the Best and Baddest Commodore Show ever right here in our home town of Las Vegas, Nevada!
Best wishes, and see you all there! Read more on the Commodore Retro Expo forum on www.lemon64.com!
Forrest Nettles
5C's

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

CRX is only two weeks away!

There are numerous and renowned guest speakers coming to CRX. This may be your only chance in life to meet some of the more famous and influential people in the history of Commodore! Come be part of history, with Wavemstudios on hand to film this event for part of their Kickstarter project "The Commodore story". See yourself in this video when released! :)

Edited by JimDrew

CRX is only two weeks away!

There are numerous and renowned guest speakers coming to CRX. This may be your only chance in life to meet some of the more famous and influential people in the history of Commodore! Come be part of history, with Wavemstudios on hand to film this event for part of their Kickstarter project "The Commodore story". See yourself in this video when released! :)

Where can I find the registration for an attendee? I saw the 3 Table Reg options.. I fly in from the east coast so I can never tote gear.

• 3 weeks later...