IGNORED

LS Upcoming Releases 2017

Der Luchs

Thanks to Harry Dodgson a new game enters the Releaselist:

​SPACE BATTLES!

It's an UP TO 8 PLAYERS PVP MAINEVENT!

​Don't miss this spaceship battlezone for the Lynx :-)

The first SPACE BATTLES World Championship Tournament will be at the ejagfest 2017 in germany :-)

Edited by Der Luchs
  • Like 4

​SPACE BATTLES!

The first SPACE BATTLES World Championship Tournament will be at the ejagfest 2017 in germany :-)

Wow, I've never even heard a whisper about this. Any screenshots to entice us? :)

• Like 1

I think that's just a multiplayer comLynx option. I've seen that screen before...somewhere...perhaps on Harry's site.

I think that's just a multiplayer comLynx option. I've seen that screen before...somewhere...perhaps on Harry's site.

That is just what you see during the LGSS Screen syncing up the Lynx units. You get something similar using your Othello cart and an LGSS cart together.

​SPACE BATTLES!

What happened to the 16 players that it originally did? I heard that part was fine years ago before Harry quit on it.

• Like 1

@davidcalgary29: It's an old title, the last time it was shown to the public was at CGE2K.

​Here are some Screenshots I made:

Does it use LGSS ? (generic cartridge for Harry Dogson games that allow to play multi Lynx games with only one cartridge of the game - it is downloaded on other Lynx via LGSS)

I so, do you plan to sell LGSS cartridges and also other LGSS games, like Othello (which is maybe the only other one...) ?

Yes, it does. But we didn't talk about a Release of the LGSS Carts.

I think that there isn't enough supported games at the moment. Just because a cartridge wouldn't cost 15.

So, why should someone buy it, if only 2 games support it?

The LGSS is not only sending messages back and forth. It even supports reading data from the cart of a remote Lynx.

Someone, I believe it was Matthias did a similar thing using the BLL loader. You could activate the "upload" on any BLL enabled game (MegaPak I, Alpine Games, S.I.M.I.S...) and then a Lynx could launch it game to all the listeners.

With the SD cart widely available I don't see any advantage in LGSS / BLL loader anymore.

Hi Guys

the LGSS is not senseless...it works great...it only needs

more game,which use it.....

And it belongs in every Lynx collection.....

Maybe we should ask Harry,how to use it for new games?????

This is something for the programmners...And the LGSS can be used with a comlynx......

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172
  • Like 1

I did have Othello and LGSS a long time ago. Unfortunately my Otello fell down the stairs...

But I have a lot of info about LGSS.

Documentation for the Lynx Game Sharing System (LGSS)

The LGSS is designed to allow Lynx gamers to playmultiuser games while only owning one copy (the master) ofa game.  The other players each have a slave copy of theLGSS (or a master of the same game) which receives the gamebinary via the ComLynx cable.
	This document is provided as a standard for gamedesigners to program their games to be compatible with theLGSS.

Transmission Data Specs:

Each transmission starts with the SOF word followed by a segmentnumber.  Segment number 0 is reserved for a title screen.  It doesnot have to be the same as the master cartridge, but it must bethe same format.  Segment number 1 is reserved and unused.  Segment2 is used for a game load without a title screen and must containcopyright information as well as game data.  Segment numbers 3-255are allowed for game code or data but must correspond to the filenumbers on the master cartridge.  
Title Screen Data (SN 0):--------------------------WORD	$0711BYTE	$00WORD	Start AddressWORD	Load AddressWORD	Data Size	palette			32 bytes of color palette	SCBs and data
Note: the progress indicator is a rectangle from(16,95) to (146,101).  It uses pen 7 for the frameand pen 6 for the indicator.  You title screen shouldbe designed with these limitations in mind.
Code Header (SN 2):------------------WORD	$0711BYTE	$02STRING	Name			Name of the gameWORD	copyright -		year of copyrightSTRING	Author -		owner of copyrightWORD	Start Address - 	where the execution startsWORD	Load Address -		where the data starts loadingWORD	Data Size -		size of data in bytes	code
Code Header (SN 3-255):----------------------WORD	$0711 -			start of file constantBYTE	SN WORD	Start Address - 	where the execution startsWORD	Load Address -		where the data starts loadingWORD	Data Size -		size of data in bytes	code
Notes:All WORDs are 6502 reverse byte formatted.The load and start address should be the same value for a title screen.A STRING is up to twenty characters of Lynx-Ascii terminated by a zero byte.  (see conversion table below)
Communication: 31250 baud, 8 bits data, even parity, one stop bit
Limitations:
Data must load between $0200 and $D000.  The game can use the memorybetween $D000 and $F200 for uninitialized data if it needs to keepthe LGSS loaded.  If it doesn't need the LGSS after loading, it canuse all the RAM.

Master protocols

The initial game load on a master system listens to the ComLynx port untilone of the following events:
1. it receives 10 invalid characters
This indicates that another master has initiated ComLynx mode andthis one should start the game.  There are no slave cartridgesconnected.
2. A or B button is pressed
This indicates that the player wants to start the game in singleplayer or ComLynx mode.  The game should start trying to initiatea ComLynx connection.  There are no slave cartridges connected
3. Option 2 button is pressed
This forces the system to Master mode.  The game should startsending out the code to the slave units according to the LGSSprotocol.  Any errors should abort the game send.
4. it receives the SOF constant
The master should go into pseudo-slave mode and wait for theslaves to load the game.  Then it reads the specified file fromcartridge, and runs it.  This ensures that a master cartridgecannot be used as a slave cartridge for another game.  If a titlescreen is sent while in pseudo-slave mode, it should be processed.This can provide useful feedback for the user.
  • Like 1