IGNORED

Is This Atlantis II?

Deemar

I read somewhere that iMagic put a pink stripe on the PCB for the Atlantis II cartridges in order to know which ones had the new code on them, then a couple of weeks ago I had someone send me this photo asking if I wanted to buy their Atari game for $10. Is it Atlantis II? Is the pink stripe true? I want to open up one of my Atlantis cartridges to see if it has the stripe but don't want to ruin the label.

atlantis.jpg

I'm so freakin' tired of this subject coming up around here over & over and almost always by some dumb ass rookie newbee wannabee, whom half the time is either completely misinformed or is simply a scammer.

A person (or a local mom & pop game store) unknowingly having an Atlantis II cart hidden among the regular Atlantis carts is nowhere even near as probable & hopeful as it is sometimes incorrectly made out to be. Go play the lotto. Same thing.

It's basic math & common sense here. Atlantis was a huge success for Imagic & sold thousands of copies. In addition, Imagic only made a very tiny, almost minuscule run, of Atlantis II carts. Yes, it was a production mask rom used in there, but again, it was a small run. (whatever the minimum requirement was that Imagic was able to get the manufacturer to do it for) On top of this, Imagic only sent it to a small select few, mostly winners of the initial round(s) of the contest. Factor in a few given away or misplaced among Imagic employees, friends, & families, as well as the remaining roms having most likely been thrown in the trash, and you are left with an absolutely tiny pool of cartridges in the world.

It is the same thing as buying tickets for a raffle. Run the numbers. Period. How many tickets are in the spool? How many of those tickets are yours? How many would you need to buy to have a 50% or 75% or 90% or even 99% chance of one of yours being picked out as the winner? And what's the prize worth? If the prize is worth 2K. And they sold 2,000 tickets at $1 each, and you bought 1,999 tickets, you can still lose; you LOSER!

Same shit with this stupid cartridge. Your only going to get an Atlantis II in 1 of 2 ways. Either get lucky, and find one hidden among regular carts in the wild for $1. Or get some balls, and man up & pay for one. That's it. End of subject. Who even cares about this anymore? Atlantis II is hands down, the absolute worst & most boring promo cart ever created by any company for any system. Boring game; borderline unplayable & even the original sucks. Almost identical packaging; even completely identical if you have just the cart itself. And lastly, completely unimpressive; showing it off to people is not gratifying because it doesn't look special at all.

I read somewhere that iMagic put a pink stripe on the PCB for the Atlantis II cartridges in order to know which ones had the new code on them, then a couple of weeks ago I had someone send me this photo asking if I wanted to buy their Atari game for $10. Is it Atlantis II? Is the pink stripe true? I want to open up one of my Atlantis cartridges to see if it has the stripe but don't want to ruin the label.

atlantis.jpg

Why not just have them plug the game in and take a pic of the game play? Very simple that way then you can see the score font.

Edited by cjameslv

I'm so freakin' tired of this subject coming up around here over & over and almost always by some dumb ass rookie newbee wannabee, whom half the time is either completely misinformed or is simply a scammer.

A person (or a local mom & pop game store) unknowingly having an Atlantis II cart hidden among the regular Atlantis carts is nowhere even near as probable & hopeful as it is sometimes incorrectly made out to be. Go play the lotto. Same thing.

It's basic math & common sense here. Atlantis was a huge success for Imagic & sold thousands of copies. In addition, Imagic only made a very tiny, almost minuscule run, of Atlantis II carts. Yes, it was a production mask rom used in there, but again, it was a small run. (whatever the minimum requirement was that Imagic was able to get the manufacturer to do it for) On top of this, Imagic only sent it to a small select few, mostly winners of the initial round(s) of the contest. Factor in a few given away or misplaced among Imagic employees, friends, & families, as well as the remaining roms having most likely been thrown in the trash, and you are left with an absolutely tiny pool of cartridges in the world.

It is the same thing as buying tickets for a raffle. Run the numbers. Period. How many tickets are in the spool? How many of those tickets are yours? How many would you need to buy to have a 50% or 75% or 90% or even 99% chance of one of yours being picked out as the winner? And what's the prize worth? If the prize is worth 2K. And they sold 2,000 tickets at $1 each, and you bought 1,999 tickets, you can still lose; you LOSER!

Same shit with this stupid cartridge. Your only going to get an Atlantis II in 1 of 2 ways. Either get lucky, and find one hidden among regular carts in the wild for $1. Or get some balls, and man up & pay for one. That's it. End of subject. Who even cares about this anymore? Atlantis II is hands down, the absolute worst & most boring promo cart ever created by any company for any system. Boring game; borderline unplayable & even the original sucks. Almost identical packaging; even completely identical if you have just the cart itself. And lastly, completely unimpressive; showing it off to people is not gratifying because it doesn't look special at all.

Gee, buddy, tell us how you REALLY feel. :lol:

Might I suggest switching to Decaf for your New Years resolution?

• Like 3