IGNORED

Elektronite Cartridge Version D1K Arcade ROM

Elektronite and Carl Mueller Jr. are pleased to present the Complete in Box Elektronite version of DK Arcade.

The Elektronite cartridge version is the definitive version of the game!

- The voice defaults to 'ON'

- There is the ability to select Japanese or North American versions

- There is a 30 frames per second mode included that fixes the 'disappearing barrels' issue on SOME HDTVs.

The box cover has been included for use on The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback and other emulators.

http://www.carlmuellerjr.com/

post-31813-0-23521300-1482914301_thumb.png

• Like 14

Elektronite and Carl Mueller Jr. are pleased to present the Complete in Box Elektronite version of DK Arcade.

The Elektronite cartridge version is the definitive version of the game!

- The voice defaults to 'ON'

- There is the ability to select Japanese or North American versions

- There is a 30 frames per second mode included that fixes the 'disappearing barrels' issue on SOME HDTVs.

The box cover has been included for use on The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback and other emulators.

William, can you please remove this and instead direct to my blogger page?

http://www.carlmuellerjr.com

as usual, donations are appreciated; you can also shop to the Amazon links on the right which also help me out but cost you nothing.

Either way, I hope everyone enjoys the ROM.

Thanks, Carl

• Like 1

This didn't work on my CC3. I just get a static noise and a green screen.

Unfortunately I don't believe his ROM will work on CC3. I believe it uses some features only available on the JLP boards, which did not exist when the CC3 was created. So, to play this ROM you either need to use a relatively new version of jzIntv with the --jlp flag in emulation, or use LTO Flash!.

Unfortunately I don't believe his ROM will work on CC3. I believe it uses some features only available on the JLP boards, which did not exist when the CC3 was created. So, to play this ROM you either need to use a relatively new version of jzIntv with the --jlp flag in emulation, or use LTO Flash!.

But it says right on his webpage it does:

Binary in ROM and BIN+CFG format (compatible with most Intellivision emulators, the CC3, and the Intellicart),

Try downloading the copy from my site. The game definitely does not use any JPL features; it only uses stock Intellivision capabilities and I can't think of any reason why it would not work on the CC3.

• Like 1

Hope you can get it working. There are certainly differences between the .bin files attached here and the one at Carl's site, though the .cfg files are identical.

I just tried the attached version in the latest jzIntv and it sure does work w/o the --jlp switch.

And I was just totes wrong about needing JLP for it. Apologies. I haven't tried on CC3 though.

It works in the CC3 if you use the ROM file downloaded from http://www.carlmuellerjr.com

Only the ROM file is needed for the CC3 and that file is missing from the download link in post #1 of this thread.

ah - that's probably it… Though I thought that the UI would do a bin2rom for you. If it doesn't then you do need to send the ROM in this thread through that.

My apologies. The ROM that I posted has the 'Elektronite Splash' screen and does indeed NOT work with the CC3. (Why hasn't everybody upgraded to the LTO Flash! yet? ;-) )

It is the exact version on the CIB box and loads an Elektronite screen before loading the game.

It requires a JLP switch on JZINTV.

It is best to download off of Carl's blog at :

http://www.carlmuellerjr.com/

I can not edit the original post. If an administrator can disable the rom download here, that would be best.

My apologies. The ROM that I posted has the 'Elektronite Splash' screen and does indeed NOT work with the CC3. (Why hasn't everybody upgraded to the LTO Flash! yet? ;-) )

It is the exact version on the CIB box and loads an Elektronite screen before loading the game.

It requires a JLP switch on JZINTV.

I can not edit the original post. If an administrator can disable the rom download here, that would be best.

Ah good to know. Thanks.

I haven't upgraded because my CC3 still works just fine and I don't want to spend money on something I really don't need. Same reason I drive a 10 year old car (I'm cheap!). :)

I edited the first link for you.

• Like 1

Ah good to know. Thanks.

I haven't upgraded because my CC3 still works just fine and I don't want to spend money on something I really don't need. Same reason I drive a 10 year old car (I'm cheap!). :)

I edited the first link for you.

I like keeping old equipment working too, rather than replacing it with something new. But, I know I posted this somewhere before. If you sell your CC3 and buy an LTO Flash you will likely make money.

edit:

And the first rom file posted didn't require "jlp", likely just needed to be converted from .bin+.cfg to .rom.

Edited by mr_me

When The Lost Caves of Kroz gets a ROM release, it will only work on LTO Flash! due to using JLP features....same with Defender of the Crown.

Eventually, you might want to pass the CC3 along to collectors and upgrade. I know that you could probably get an LTO Flash! and $50 as it is now for a CC3.

When The Lost Caves of Kroz gets a ROM release, it will only work on LTO Flash! due to using JLP features....same with Defender of the Crown.

Eventually, you might want to pass the CC3 along to collectors and upgrade. I know that you could probably get an LTO Flash! and $50 as it is now for a CC3.

Yeah I'm starting to think that. :)

And when Rocketeer and Mars Minis comes out (think positve) there will be the bee3/hive hardware acceleration technology; incompatible with lto/jlp. And then there will be the opcode intellixpander. [i imagine the lto flash or hive cart with opcode rom files could work plugged into the intellixpander.]

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1