IGNORED

Quick thoughts on recent Homebrew releases

ZillaRUSH

Its been great the past few months for INTV Homebrews! Lots o games coming in...love it!

Here are a few I purchased and some quick thoughts...

Super Pro Baseball - Have the cart and ROM...awesome and challenging game!

GoSub - Simple yet fun....enjoy it very much. My high score is only 805 on Superpro Go Sub...need to play more

Desert Bus - ...one of those "have it for the collection" games...will not play it much...zzz

Sydney Hunter &the Sacred Tribe - just arrived the other day....fun! Great graphics...need more playing time.

Mummy - (ROM) great game....gets tough after level 5!

Thanks to all that released ROMs...Space Patrol, Mummy, D1K, Missile Domination....my LTO Flash is happy!!

Looking forward to Jr Pac Man & Air Raid...still waiting for INTy Basic to arrive. Anyone own Ultimate Pong? Decent?

Edited by ZillaRUSH
  • Like 4

I had lots of fun with the inty basic games,you will like them.

Go Sub is awesome,especially with my joy stick controller.

My friend was shipped my Sydney Hunter,I get it tis weekend,hurray!

Haven't done much with Baseball yet. Mystic Castle is a great improvement.

And,yes bring on more games in 2017!

• Like 1

I just played Inty basic and Ultimate Pong today. They are fabulous...just fabulous!

the "Warship" game a.k.a "Battleship" was a blast...If I was 10 years old again, I would have never went to school - I'd have been playing that 24X7 :)

Agree with Wolfy too on MYSTIC Castle...It is fun now ..not frustrating at the 'demon' levels...

Its been great the past few months for INTV Homebrews! Lots o games coming in...love it!

Here are a few I purchased and some quick thoughts...

Super Pro Baseball - Have the cart and ROM...awesome and challenging game!

GoSub - Simple yet fun....enjoy it very much. My high score is only 805 on Superpro Go Sub...need to play more

Desert Bus - ...one of those "have it for the collection" games...will not play it much...zzz

Sydney Hunter &the Sacred Tribe - just arrived the other day....fun! Great graphics...need more playing time.

Mummy - (ROM) great game....gets tough after level 5!

Thanks to all that released ROMs...Space Patrol, Mummy, D1K, Missile Domination....my LTO Flash is happy!!

Looking forward to Jr Pac Man & Air Raid...still waiting for INTy Basic to arrive. Anyone own Ultimate Pong? Decent?

Is your score of 805 on Super Pro Gosub after finishing all 60 levels? Did you find the fourth playable submarine?

You need to pick up InytBASIC Showcase Volume 1 and Ultimate Pong if you haven't already, both releases provide a lot of variety.

I just played Inty basic and Ultimate Pong today. They are fabulous...just fabulous!

the "Warship" game a.k.a "Battleship" was a blast...If I was 10 years old again, I would have never went to school - I'd have been playing that 24X7 :)

Agree with Wolfy too on MYSTIC Castle...It is fun now ..not frustrating at the 'demon' levels...

I'm glad you enjoyed Warship, it caused us (mostly me ;) ) the most grief near the final wrap up of debugging.
  • Like 3

Will have to Add Mystic Castle & Ultimate Pong to the list! Tarzilla...805 was only about 13 mazes in....still a long way to go! 60 levels...awesome! I'm just hoping to get to 20-30 levels.

Cant wait to play the IntyBasic...ordered...should have it soon. Its a great time for INTV players!!

Will have to Add Mystic Castle & Ultimate Pong to the list! Tarzilla...805 was only about 13 mazes in....still a long way to go! 60 levels...awesome! I'm just hoping to get to 20-30 levels.

Cant wait to play the IntyBasic...ordered...should have it soon. Its a great time for INTV players!!

Good thing Super Pro Gosub saves your progress after your clear each zone.

Good thing Super Pro Gosub saves your progress after your clear each zone.

Ah, so it's only after each zone. I played it a couple of times and every time I died, it claimed to save the progress, but then I would start on the first level. I thought something was broken. Silly me.

I very much like Super Pro Gosub. It is a very cool upgrade to the Gosub. Although I don't really like having to conserve my torpedoes instead of regenerating on every new level. I like shooting down octopuses all over the place! :)

-dZ.

I'm glad you enjoyed Warship, it caused us (mostly me ;) ) the most grief near the final wrap up of debugging.

Warship! is very good, but the AI could have used some refinement. I understand that it must be hard coming up with a good algorithm, but perhaps some very simple heuristics would have helped for instance:

• If you get a hit, try to shoot nearby the next time; don't shoot widely far away on the next round.
  • Under no circumstance shoot at an empty hole completely surrounded by spent shots! There is no single-cell boat, DOH!

That last one is rather revealing. I saw the CPU do it a couple of times and I was like "dude! what the heck??"

All that said, it gave me a challenge because for a moment, it almost got me! :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

Have you tried all three Warship! Skill levels? The missile intercept should make it harder to win, or at least more frustrating ;)

I did a lot of research on different ways to handle cpu ai for battleship, but after merging three different code bases, merging/renaming variables, adding gameplay and graphics (including a random, secret thing to Goatnom) and filling up all the memory slots, optimizing, retesting, and repeating the process, it was deemed dangerous to make "one more change"

That said, at the request of a couple people, I will be revisiting the computer AI in the new year now that 2016 seems to be done making my life miserable. For the eventual rom release (if the three original programmers concur to release the rom) the AI will be improved, heck, maybe Rev will do an undocumented running change like Mattel did back in the old days ;)

Ah, so it's only after each zone. I played it a couple of times and every time I died, it claimed to save the progress, but then I would start on the first level. I thought something was broken. Silly me.

I very much like Super Pro Gosub. It is a very cool upgrade to the Gosub. Although I don't really like having to conserve my torpedoes instead of regenerating on every new level. I like shooting down octopuses all over the place! :)

-dZ.

Silly you needs to read the manual.:)

Although the manual isn't as detailed as this:

I haven't played it in awhile but when the game ends, it saves whether a zone in unlocked. Zone one is unlocked at the start. If you beat level 10 the next zone is unlocked, denoted by an animation on the map. If you die and get the game over screen in level 11, it saves that zone 1 and 2 are unlocked along with currently select sub and color. When returning to the game, you can replay zone one to build up consumables or go straight to the zone you left off on.

Also, for people that don't read the manual, you can exit a level with the Compass controller button and go back to zone one to stock up.

Silly you needs to read the manual.:)

Although the manual isn't as detailed as this:

I haven't played it in awhile but when the game ends, it saves whether a zone in unlocked. Zone one is unlocked at the start. If you beat level 10 the next zone is unlocked, denoted by an animation on the map. If you die and get the game over screen in level 11, it saves that zone 1 and 2 are unlocked along with currently select sub and color. When returning to the game, you can replay zone one to build up consumables or go straight to the zone you left off on.

Also, for people that don't read the manual, you can exit a level with the Compass controller button and go back to zone one to stock up.

I read the manual, but found it a bit scattershot. For a while I couldn't even find the purpose of a compass, unjust kept missing it. It's all good, and eventually I found all that I needed. :)

I really like all the extra details in the Super Pro version of the game. Good job! :thumbsup:

dZ.