IGNORED

Fest West 2017

Omega-TI

Thanks for the the update. I'd much rather trust a local like you who lives and commutes up there, than a computer that does not factor for the realities of real life.

Three hours works! Fest West Starts at 9:00 am so if you leave that weekend morning at 5:45 am you can be out of town before the real snarls begin, and still get here early! :)

The drive would also give you time to listen to those TI podcasts from last year.

I'm coming from Marysville, it's actually FOUR hours from there. :) But I'm also coming down Friday, not Saturday, and staying in a hotel.

I work in Seattle so I'll just load the car up and drive in to work ($16 for parking in a safe lot) and leave between 3-4PM. Of course I'll be driving right into the teeth of afternoon commute traffic so who knows how long it will take...

• Like 1

Back in the day a lot of the Fest Wests were held at hotel/motels. After the event closed for the day a lot of the TIers meet up in someones room for continued TI talk,etc. Airshack and I will be spending the night at one of the close places and speaking for myself I wouldn't mind if we met up for conTInued festing. I'm sure Airshack wouldn't mind as well. If somebody brought a small TI system as well to the room that would enhance the fun. Just a thought.

I believe Airshack and I are going to be at the Best Western as well. He's handling the lodging arrangements because he's the world traveler of the VAST user group ( membership of 2). If someone brings a TI setup to the room it could fun. Just as long as Airshack agrees, he's the Captain in this deal.

• Like 3

To those who've signed up for Fest West 2017, things are coming together nicely for the 'Attendance Packs'.

Contributors (so far) to this year's pack are...

Shift838 - Sparkdrummer - Vorticon - Airshack

(This message will be updated as submission arrive).

Lot's of good stuff, but you'll have to wait until Fest West to found out about the goodies stuffed into the envelopes!

Next week - The list of major prize donors for this years get together.

post-35324-0-93471000-1491695260_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK, well, I too have just booked a room at the Best Western. I'll be staying there just Saturday night. I'll be driving down from Marysville (4 hours away) very early Saturday morning, and then driving back Sunday not-as-early morning.

Last year, I did it as a same-day trip. It was do'able, but just barely. It was actually a very nice drive down, but on the drive back, I encountered a ton of traffic in Tacoma.

I think it will be a nicer experience not doing both parts of the drive in the same day.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there in a few weeks.

• Like 3

I believe Airshack and I are going to be at the Best Western as well. He's handling the lodging arrangements because he's the world traveler of the VAST user group ( membership of 2). If someone brings a TI setup to the room it could fun. Just as long as Airshack agrees, he's the Captain in this deal.

Sounds good to me! I'm in!

Okay, now that signups for Fest West are closed (one guy beat the deadline by 6 minutes), I can now announce some of the major prizes.

The Grand Prize for this years Fest West was donated by Matthew180 - One of his awesome F18A's!

The other prizes of noteworthy value:

Arcade Shopper - has donated four separate stand alone carts: Neverlander, Road Hunter, Titanium and Scramble.

c0d3m4str - Has made a special 3D printed CF7 case.

JediMatt42 Has donated not one, but two 32K boards.

Lee Stewart has donated one of his FbForth cartridges and Bob Carmany has donated a TurboForth, both of course are the latest versions.

There will also be other items donated by Schmitzi and Tursi that some TI users will want to scarf up, as well as other prizes not mentioned here that will also be given away.

I'd like to thank the sponsors for this years awesome prize assortment and to those who signed up.

We're gonna have a blast!

• Like 2

I'll be taking plenty of pics and possibly videos as well. May even live stream some portions if that's OK. We'll see. So excited. I may have to get a room last minute to save a 3 hour drive after. I gotta play that by ear. I guess it depends on how much peer pressure I get. I'd love to hang out afterwards. The closest Best western is booked up it appears. May have to find something a little off the beaten path.

• Like 2

Everyone who signed up for Fest West 2017 will receive an envelope filled with goodies.

gallery_35324_1027_48869.jpg

Many people contributed to the packet this year...

Shift838, Sparkdrummer, Airshack and Vorticon to name the major players.

The special edition newsletters are awesome and the decals by Shift838 come in different colors. The CD has over 605 megabytes of TI related goodness too.

For those who did not sign up, if you plan to be a 'walk-in', arrive early, because there are a couple of extras up for grabs. ;-)

• Like 5