IGNORED

The New and Improved Super Game Module (aka 4th run)

opcode

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Opcode Games!!! :party::party:

Well, the plan was to make an announced with far more pomp and circumstance through a nicely produced video, but unfortunately things fell through in the last minute, so we will have to resort to a more modest press release for now.

So without further ado, here are some of things we Opcode Games have planned for 2017...

In 2012 Opcode Games introduced the SUPER GAME MODULE™ and changed the way you play your ColecoVision forever.

Now it is time to go PRO!

SGMPRO.jpg

Introducing the SUPER GAME MODULE PRO™ - fully compatible with the original model of the ColecoVision expansion unit, offering the same great game-enhancing features, but includes eight channels of tooth-shattering, wall-rattling sound for the ultimate gaming experience. Specially designed SUPER GAME MODULE™ titles become even more exciting with thundering bass, mesmerizing music, and crystal-clear digitized voice. With the SUPER GAME MODULE PRO™, home versions of all your favorite arcade hits sound just like the real thing, and ColecoVision exclusives become even more compelling. Just plug the SUPER GAME MODULE PRO™ into the front of your system, insert a compatible cartridge, and crank up the volume. After you’ve gone pro, there’s no way you’ll go back!

• Authentic arcade sound home!

• Voice-enhanced games!

• Plays all SUPER GAME MODULE games!

SGM_box.jpg

Here is a list of great SUPER GAME MODULE™ games that will support the SUPER GAME MODULE PRO™ enhanced sound capabilities:

ARCADE SERIES

dk.png

Donkey Kong

phoenix.png

Phoenix

galaga.png

Galaga

lady.png

Lady Bug

pac.png

Pac-Man DX

scramble.png

Scramble

si.png

Space Invaders DX

rally.png

Rally-X

frogger.png

Frogger

moon.png

Moon Cresta

berzerk.png

Berzerk

wow.png

Wizard of Wor

CLASSIC SERIES

castle.png

Castlevania

MSX SERIES

galious.png

The Maze of Galious

gradius2.png

Gradius 2

f1spirit.png

F1 Spirit

salamander.png

Salamander

kings2.png

King’s Valley 2

rtype.png

R-Type

Available summer 2017, MSRP $120.00

Some demo videos to follow soon. Pre-order process to be announced.

Edited by opcode
  • Like 24

Are these mostly just MSX ports or are they unique? I ask because I already own an MSX system and I'm wondering if this would be worth it.

Arcade series games are from arcade. MSX series games are from the MSX.

BTW, another important point is that we aren't planning SGM PRO exclusive games. But most SGM games will support the enhanced sound if using the SGM PRO.

• Like 3

Arcade series games are from arcade. MSX series games are from the MSX.

BTW, another important point is that we aren't planning SGM PRO exclusive games. But most SGM games will support the enhanced sound if using the SGM PRO.

Ah I missed the labels by the pictures. Cool!

Will this work with the ADAM?

Ah I missed the labels by the pictures. Cool!

Will this work with the ADAM?

Yeah, it does.

Finally, here is the video. Everything you hear in this video, including the sound track, can be easily produced by the SGM PRO. In fact the soundtrack came from some of the announced games.

• Like 11

With the new agreement with AtariAge, how will these be sold? Directly, or through the AtariAge store?

AtariAge store. But a few remarks:

1) Those are all premium line games, so for those who got Gradius or Penguin Adventure, that means the same packaging

2) Pac-Man DX, Donkey Kong and the Super Game Module Pro packaging are already in our warehouse

3) Packaging for Lady Bug and The Maze of Galious have been created, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be next. We want to maximize the number of games out this year, but on the other hand I also want to to focus more on the arcade ports

4) Everything you hear in the video I just posted, including the soundtrack, can be easily produced by the SGM PRO. In fact the soundtrack came from some of the announced games.

• Like 6

AtariAge store. But a few remarks:

1) Those are all premium line games, so for those who got Gradius or Penguin Adventure, that means the same packaging

2) Pac-Man DX, Donkey Kong and the Super Game Module Pro packaging are already in our warehouse

3) Packaging for Lady Bug and The Maze of Galious have been created, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be next. We want to maximize the number of games out this year, but on the other hand I also want to to focus more on the arcade ports

4) Everything you hear in the video I just posted, including the soundtrack, can be easily produced by the SGM PRO. In fact the soundtrack came from some of the announced games.

Eduardo those of us that pre-ordered the LTD/Special Edition of DK Arcade would still get that version, correct?

• Like 1

I assume the pro model will have new packaging?

Will there be any chance for us to buy the 3rd run packaging or a complete 3Rd run style module still?

Not doing any promises at this point. The new packaging is quite expensive and take many months from order to delivery. Additionally, we don't know if there will be enough demand for another run of the old regular SGM. We will see. As for the SGM Pro packaging, yes, new packaging, as shown above.