IGNORED

Songbird New Year update

Songbird

Happy New Year, Atari fans! Hope you are enjoying the recent holidays and spent time with friends and family. I just posted a catalog update in the Jaguar forum, however I have not forgotten about Lynx fans! I'm getting more carts built and will have all Songbird games back in stock sometime in the first quarter of 2017. After that I may resume one of my Lynx projects since I will (finally) have the ability to get more carts produced. :)

• Like 5

Happy New Year, Atari fans! Hope you are enjoying the recent holidays and spent time with friends and family. I just posted a catalog update in the Jaguar forum, however I have not forgotten about Lynx fans! I'm getting more carts built and will have all Songbird games back in stock sometime in the first quarter of 2017. After that I may resume one of my Lynx projects since I will (finally) have the ability to get more carts produced. :)

Happy New Year to you also.

I look forward to you restocking Lynx Store.

I purchased most games in Songbird, Alpine Games is a personal favorite of mine. Great game.

I'm still trying to get Hyperdrome and I hope you release it again.

Also, there is a prototype game for the Lynx that was almost completed in the early 1990s called "Hot Dog" that was finally released with a limited run a few years back. It is very hard to find.

Is there a possibility of Songbird getting a hold of the game "Hot Dog" for your store?

Of so, that would be awesome.

Also, I hope you guys come out with some new games. Songbird has made some good games over the years.

Thanks.

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Here is the "Hot Dog" game I am reffering to.

It is Awsome.

I Dont know if you are familiar with this game or not.

Check it out. https://youtu.be/P65q9CndTkc

https://youtu.be/cs4XeOclmG8

Its sort of like Fat Bobby.

If you guys could get permission or source codes for this and make carts for it, that would be awesome. I imagine this would sell out on day one.

I'd be first in line. ?

Peace, and Happy New Year.

P.s, "Relief Pitcher" would be an Awsome prototype to put in SongBird store also.

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 1

I hope to see Ultra Vortex / Ultravore.

For the lynx there are very few fighting game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYwepFq6jx8

http://songbird-productions.com/ultravore.shtml

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237865-fighter-v2/

Wow, that looks Awsome.

I've never seem this before.

I sure hope Songbird releases this game.

StreetFighter2 clone is the exact type of take the Atari Lynx lacks in its library.

We need this

Please consider releasing Ultravore in the songbird library.

Ultrvore is extremely impressive.

Yes, we made those minor improvements to Ultravore many years ago. It still needs work to support good computer AI as well as more than two characters, and would likely not fit in a 256KB cart. Ultravore is definitely a project I would like to get back to on the Lynx, as the core graphics engine and audio are both very solid.

I've also wanted to work on a sequel to CyberVirus. There is a scripting format for the levels which makes it easy to generate new ones, however it would be nice to add some new challenges (enemies, obstacles, objectives, etc.) to give the sequel more variety.

Finally, I have an old J2ME cell phone game I made many years ago which would work well on the Lynx. It's more of a classic arcade-style game. I have all the J2ME code; just need time and motivation to port it over. ;)

• Like 4

Yes, we made those minor improvements to Ultravore many years ago. It still needs work to support good computer AI as well as more than two characters, and would likely not fit in a 256KB cart. Ultravore is definitely a project I would like to get back to on the Lynx, as the core graphics engine and audio are both very solid.

I've also wanted to work on a sequel to CyberVirus. There is a scripting format for the levels which makes it easy to generate new ones, however it would be nice to add some new challenges (enemies, obstacles, objectives, etc.) to give the sequel more variety.

Finally, I have an old J2ME cell phone game I made many years ago which would work well on the Lynx. It's more of a classic arcade-style game. I have all the J2ME code; just need time and motivation to port it over. ;)

A Cybervirus sequel would be Awsome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...