IGNORED

Opcode Games - Your Wishlist 2017 (Games You Want Ported to the SGM/Pro)

ColecoGamer

(Moderators - Please forgive me if this was posted in the wrong section. I have been doing everything I can to become familiar with Atariage's rules and regulations.)

I wanted to start a thread where Colecovision gamers could post a wishlist of games that they would like to see released for the SGM/SGM Pro.

Here is my wishlist of titles:

Arcade Games:

Krull

Tron

Discs of Tron

Donkey Kong Jr

Donkey Kong 3

Qbert Cubes

Toobin'

Russian Attack

Contra

MSX Ports:

Double Dragon

Metal Gear

Aleste Gaiden

Commando

I look forward to seeing eveyone's lists!

Edited by ColecoGamer

I don't think it is the wrong place but limiting title to Opcode games when you have several other publishers means your title is wrong. If you do mean for only opcode to create them then it probably belongs in the Opcode thread above instead of the general thread.

Pac Man and Ladybug have already been committed to be released so not sure why you are wishing for those when that wish has already been granted.

I believe DK3 was being worked on at one time don't know the status now.

There's one I would really like to see released by Opcode, and that's a proper port of Popeye. Parker Brothers' version is nice (and I played it a lot when I was a kid) but I have fond memories of playing the arcade game, and I know the ColecoVision can do a lot better, especially today with the SGM and MegaCart. Here's a mockup I did a couple of years ago, to demonstrate what's possible.

post-7743-0-51246400-1483360629_thumb.png

• Like 9

As far as the Colecovision library goes... I would like to see a updated version of Time Pilot that includes the last futuristic level (maybe include Time Pilot '84 in there).

I'm out of the loop of what current projects are being work on so forgive me...

- Wild Western

- Zookeeper

How' bout some of the games that were scrapped due to the crash?

- skiing game

- horse racing

- Dracula

- Sword and the Sorcerer one

• Like 2

I don't think it is the wrong place but limiting title to Opcode games when you have several other publishers means your title is wrong. If you do mean for only opcode to create them then it probably belongs in the Opcode thread above instead of the general thread.

Pac Man and Ladybug have already been committed to be released so not sure why you are wishing for those when that wish has already been granted.

Good point, Dan; I didn't mean to exclude the other developers that work hard to produce quality games for our favorite console. I'm still new to the idea that new games come from multiple developers/publisher. Up until I discovered Opcode Games, I didn't even know that new hardware and games were being made for the Coleco (let alone the Atari 2600, etc). I just learned about Team Pixelboy, Collectorvision, etc.

I feel a bit overwhelmed by everything I've learned so far by browsing the forums, but I'm loving what I see!

Edited for punctuation.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

Thank you for all the suggestions. When we created our schedule for the next couple of years in terms of arcade ports, we decided to focus on games from 1978-1981 first. The only 3 important games left out I can think of are Centipede, Defender and Asteroids. A competent port of Centipede is already available from Atarisoft, so we would need a Centipede Collection to justify, while Asteroids would require a vector driver and I am saving that for later too. Defender on the other hand is a game that doesn't bond well to the ColecoVision hardware, and of course there is a version from Atarisoft available.

Yes, Pengo and Arkanoid are considerably far along, but we will save those for later. :)

As for NES games, we will have Castlevania first, then decide which one to do next.

• Like 4

One wish and only one... La-Mulana

attachicon.gifimage.png

Wow, I would definitely publish a ColecoVision port of the English translation of La-Mulana if I could. :)

Problem is, the music/sound output in this MSX game is more advanced than what the ColecoVision or even original SGM is capable of. I don't know if the SGM Pro could handle it...

I played the PC version of La-Mulana with a friend a couple of years ago. It's a really fun game!

• Like 2

Wow, I would definitely publish a ColecoVision port of the English translation of La-Mulana if I could. :)Problem is, the music/sound output in this MSX game is more advanced than what the ColecoVision or even original SGM is capable of. I don't know if the SGM Pro could handle it...I played the PC version of La-Mulana with a friend a couple of years ago. It's a really fun game!

But it's the most Brutally dificult Metroidvania game ever conceived, the reason why that game only is because i don't want to see the original version getting lost in the sands of time,plus a physical version of the OG version is really atractive for the CV community. But i have a question, is it possible to port it to the Colecovision with a reworked soundtrack? Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 1

But it's the most Brutally dificult Metroidvania game ever conceived, the reason why that game only is because i don't want to see the original version getting lost in the sands of time,plus a physical version of the OG version is really atractive for the CV community. But i have a question, is it possible to port it to the Colecovision with a reworked soundtrack?

Everything's possible in that respect. But you have to a) find someone to perform this reworked soundtrack, and 2) find someone to integrate this new soundtrack into the original software. Not exactly easy, and that's only assuming the programmer(s) of the game are open to this kind of software alteration.

• Like 1

Everything's possible in that respect. But you have to a) find someone to perform this reworked soundtrack, and 2) find someone to integrate this new soundtrack into the original software. Not exactly easy, and that's only assuming the programmer(s) of the game are open to this kind of software alteration.

Knowing that the developers are MSX aficionados and the little know fact that they released a modding tool for the game a LONG time ago, i don't think they have problems with a CV port. But we would have to ask first for permission.

Knowing that the developers are MSX aficionados and the little know fact that they released a modding tool for the game a LONG time ago, i don't think they have problems with a CV port. But we would have to ask first for permission.

Assuming I can get in contact with the proper people, I would be willing to try scoring a publishing deal for a ColecoVision port. La-Mulana is definitely worth the effort. But I need assurances from Opcode Games that the Konami SCC sound output can be done with the SGM Pro without having to significantly restructure the sound data within the game's software. That could be a deal-breaker...

• Like 1