IGNORED

THE!CART SHELL - New 3D Printed Shell for THE!CART

JAC!

Today I recorded the long pending how-to video to show how easily you can put the original The!Cart PCB into the 3D printed shell.
To keep the shell project separate from the The!Cart and the The!Cart Studio, I created this separate thread.
The download of the latest 3D model files is available on my web site.

Bernhard would also print individual shells on request. Price would be around 15 EUR, I think. If you are interested, please send PM to biobern.

Note:
This this is about the original The!Cart PCB version 1 and not about the upcoming The!Cart PCB Version 2.

The planned run of The!Cart PCB Version 2 will have a smaller PCB and a smaller shell, too.

thecart-shell-05.jpg

• Like 14

Hmmm,

do other Atari cart pcb`s fit into this case (assuming the case has no holes at the front and at the top)...?

I mean cart pcb`s from Atari 800/XL carts or pcb`s from Atari XE Taiwan carts or pcb`s from Atari XE Hong Kong carts ?

Or does Bernhard/biobern produce extra cases for these old(er) Atari pcb`s ?

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Hmmm,

do other Atari cart pcb`s fit into this case (assuming the case has no holes at the front and at the top)...?

I mean cart pcb`s from Atari 800/XL carts or pcb`s from Atari XE Taiwan carts or pcb`s from Atari XE Hong Kong carts ?

Or does Bernhard/biobern produce extra cases for these old(er) Atari pcb`s ?

I did not try, but theoretically, everything should fit "somehow". There are no internal holes for screws and so on, so you would have to fix the circuit board "somehow". The holes for the LEDs and the reset button are very the!cart-style.

Edited by biobern

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi JAC!

Thank you very much for sharing your cart design, it served me perfectly for another plate design

attachicon.gifcart1.png

attachicon.gifcart2.png

printed 0.2mm and 10% filler as it was a test :grin:

regards

You're welcome. It took a while for me to realize the "b" is lowercase and this is probably cheap 1MB (E)PROM cart, right?

You're welcome. It took a while for me to realize the "b" is lowercase and this is probably cheap 1MB (E)PROM cart, right?

jajajajajaja ok, if it is a cheap EPROM M27C4001 technically it is 4 Mbit ( 512Kb x 8 )

regards

Edited by ascrnet
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if there's another way to reach biobern other than private message here on the forums? I'd like to get one of these new 3d printed shells for my original THE!CART. I sent him a message a few days ago but I suspect he doesn't come here very often. 

If anyone can put me in touch with biobern or if there's anyone else that can 3d print one of these for me I'd really appreciate it! ?

8 hours ago, netbeui said:

Does anyone know if there's another way to reach biobern other than private message here on the forums? I'd like to get one of these new 3d printed shells for my original THE!CART. I sent him a message a few days ago but I suspect he doesn't come here very often. 

If anyone can put me in touch with biobern or if there's anyone else that can 3d print one of these for me I'd really appreciate it! ?

Hi, I've notified him. He'll check the PMs.

• Like 1