IGNORED

Can´t access H:-Drive in SDX 4.48

skr

I habe da folder on my Mac which is set up as H:-Device for Altirra. With BASIC and DOS 2.5 I can easily access it. DOS 2.5 shows me the directory. But I can´t access it with SDX. I´ve checked the manual but couldn´t find a hint. What Do I have to do?

Use PCLINK.SYS from the sdx448 toolkit.atr .. Call it in your AUTOEXEC.BAT. And the DIR PCL:*.* should get you a directory. SAVE LOAD COPY DIR all work with PCLINK.SYS.

You will have to set SYSTEM>DEVICE and add PCLINK to your devices.

Edited by rdea6
  • Like 1

PCLINK is by far the best way to go, as Roy says. The reason "H:" is inaccessible from the SDX prompt is that CIO device names aren't used with the CP since the scheme was too restrictive. "H:" maps to drive 8 (actually kernel device IDs "DSK8:" or "DSKH:"). Without kernel device names (and using the CIO), PCL: would have to be called "L:" or something, since "P:" is the printer and "C:" the cassette. Via the CIO (i.e. from BASIC) you can access all the kernel device names by prefixing them with "D". So to open PCL1: from BASIC:

OPEN #1,4,0,"DPCL1:" or OPEN #1,4,0,"DPCL:"

Altirra ignores the PCL unit number (or it did the last time I checked), so you only get unit 1 and can therefore omit the unit number.

• Like 1