IGNORED

New Hardware: Atari 400/800 Super Color CPU Card

tf_hh

If you have done yours into an 800- can you show a pic or describe as best you can how you do the video wire run to the internal connections? I am using a cut wire supplied with the device.. maybe I need to use something smaller and more flexible. But I know it was stated that the shielding is very important.

James

I need help. I had a working 800 with incognito - last week the SIO died, so I thought fine, time to put the SCCC in. I will change the Pokey while I am in there.. most people think its the pokey causing the SIO issue.

I have installed the SCCC - hard time routing the cable, but what you see seems to work and I can get the cage over it. 

I can start it up.. with the speaker attached I can here the startup clicks. but screen stays black. I can hold the start button and I will get the cassette load tone. 

I am getting no video.  How do I test. I have removed the components from the board - so I cannot reconnect video.

James

sccc1.jpg

sccc2.jpg

sccc3.jpg

sccc4.jpg

1 hour ago, scorpio_ny said:

Hi @Bikerbob

I am not sure if this card disables it, but are you getting a video signal on the built in video? Are you seeing a normal screen from there? Just to rule out any issues with the video chips

Sorry, guess you have not done this mod - once you remove the components from the video circuit, you cannot get the built in video out anymore - I removed the components - the caps that were on the output lines did not survive the removal, so I cannot put them back in if I wanted to.

James

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/28/2024 at 8:32 PM, Shadowspawn said:

Can you still get the Super Color board?

Yes. Currently I haven´t one in stock, but after having no time for several months - real life is sometimes a bitch - for a new batch I´ve started to assembling new ones last weekend. Please load the info PDF in my signature, where you can find all details and how to order.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hello Doc

18 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

are you sure? I don't see signatures anymore, at least not with seamonkey

Jürgen's signature:

On 1/31/2024 at 5:25 PM, tf_hh said:

Home of the Sys-Check V2 and more about my projects found in this PDF document - regularly updated!

Sincerely

Mathy

This is one of my signatures and is currently set...

_The Doctor__                ebay can & will eat your lunch if you are Not a top seller w/discounts, bonuses & free listings!

connect  to  #Atari  irc  through  telnet  middlebox  at          irc.atarinet.com 400      for ascii

Don't treat people like a football is all I'm saying.......            irc.atarinet.com 800      for vt100, ansi, and ICE-T !!

I don't see any signatures inside messages anymore, so either there is an incompatibility, setting, miss-configuration, or some form of blockage is going both ways. No signature from me and no signature from you. Is my signature there at the bottom like it should be?

Edited by _The Doctor__

16 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

This is one of my signatures and is currently set...

_The Doctor__                ebay can & will eat your lunch if you are Not a top seller w/discounts, bonuses & free listings!

connect  to  #Atari  irc  through  telnet  middlebox  at          irc.atarinet.com 400      for ascii

Don't treat people like a football is all I'm saying.......            irc.atarinet.com 800      for vt100, ansi, and ICE-T !!

I don't see any signatures inside messages anymore, so either there is an incompatibility, setting, miss-configuration, or some form of censorship is going both ways. No signature from me and no signature from you. Is my signature there at the bottom like it should be?

Yes, I see it just fine, and everyone else's as well, including my own.

Strange.