IGNORED

Grand Ram Card Schematic

Shift838

• 1 month later...

I don't have the schematic but if you find it let me know. Do you have the original GR software? I've been looking for that for ages. :)

He sent over the attached zip file it has 2 disk images in it.

He asked that if you had a GrandRam card if you could:

Take a clear (macro) photo(s) of the back of the board.
Whoever owned it before him made some mods to the board. He wants to check the jumps and cuts they made to the traces..

grandram1.zip

• Like 3

Wow this is a very nice part. Never saw before. Swim, thanks, and very good pics :)

And I have found 2 more files <maybe> concerning the GrandRAM-card, I don´t know.

Please find them here in the attached ZIP-file:

xXx

GrandCLOCK-GrandRAM-TFI-Files.zip Removed

• Like 1

Wow this is a very nice part. Never saw before. Swim, thanks, and very good pics :)

And I have found 2 more files <maybe> concerning the GrandRAM-card, I don´t know.

Please find dem here in the attached ZIP-file:

xXx

attachicon.gifGrandCLOCK-GrandRAM-TFI-Files.zip

Any chance you can upload the files you have in a TI ARC file, Schmitzi? I'm not able to change image files into TI files at this time but I can XFER the ARC file over to the TI.

Swim, yes I could, but I have looked inside this 2 files now (I should have done this before :) )

and these are just textfiles, not so interesting I think. Sorry.

xXx

ah OK, and maybe you also mean this 2 image-files from Shift838 ?

They are named as .IMG but they are .DSKs, so I had to rename them

I took all 3 DSK-files now and converted them into .ARC

This was a fun as I never did that job before :0)

On ARC40A (running on Classic 99) I get some errors, but only if I use the compression-option.

So, to converted them into the .ARCs here, just NOT using this option, and it worked.... ;)

please see here:

GRANDRAM-3-DISKs-as-ARC.zip [attachment removed]

I am going to make some PDFs out of Shift838´s 2 DSK-files/DOCs now, if given, have to check

Update:

attachicon.gif_GRANDRAM-FULL-001--3-DSKs-as-ARC-&-PDFs.zip

hope the ARCs work

:)

EDIT: PLUS this try: attachicon.gifGRAND1-shift838-TEST4.ARC

Nice effort, schmitzi, thank you for taking the time. This pic is on a TI monitor so the quality is poor but I'm sure it will look fine when I get this moved to my main TI system with F18A powered flat screen. ;)

post-36289-0-83125000-1488320040_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The cool feature of this "Grand RAM" is that you can create multiple individual DSR's and save the individual DSR's to mass storage and then reload a particular one that performs singular tasks. Say a weather station DSR or home control DSR etc.. Good bit of documentation for use of the card too. :)

• Like 1

Excellent!!

Richard, how many of these were produced? How many are known to still be in existence? I have never seen one.

I actually don't know. I think I got this card when the Western NY 99er's had a swap meet about 15 or more years ago. I put a new battery in it but the floppy was corrupted so I couldn't set the card up to use it. All I can say is it's the only one I've ever held in my hand. I wish the western NY 99er's were still in existence. Unfortunately many of the members have passed on since those days.

I actually don't know. I think I got this card when the Western NY 99er's had a swap meet about 15 or more years ago. I put a new battery in it but the floppy was corrupted so I couldn't set the card up to use it. All I can say is it's the only one I've ever held in my hand. I wish the western NY 99er's were still in existence. Unfortunately many of the members have passed on since those days.

It's good to know you finally got it running after all these years. Hopefully the hi-res pictures you took will help Steve get his running.

• Like 1

It's good to know you finally got it running after all these years. Hopefully the hi-res pictures you took will help Steve get his running.

If there is anything else I can to aid Steve I'll do what I can.

• Like 1