IGNORED

Atari 1050 addons/upgrades?

TheEditor

it's a bit hit-n-miss, tho.

because - to find out what upgrade (if any) you have you'd need to run lots of different software disks to eliminate each, and even then you're relying on a

"no ***** present/detected" message - and some software is easily fooled by other similar upgrades - esp some "happy clones".

going to be quicker - and easier to "pop the six case screws", gently raise the drive mech, take a pic of the board, and post it on here....someone will identify it very quickly for you.

Edited by Guest

Yea, I ended up popping it open and checking. I has an ICD US Doubler in it from 1985. Thanks for the replies folks.

Now, what is the best duplicator to use with the drive to make ATRs from floppies? I have been using MyCopier but I am wondering if there is something fast/better.

T.E

You can tell to some degree by how long the busy light stays on when you close the door. Everyone seems to pick a different delay.

I've been reading a lot about MFM and various other magnetics topics. It's really fascinating stuff. It's also sad that flaky 1.44M floppies gave the technology such a bad reputation.

• Like 1

Yea, I ended up popping it open and checking. I has an ICD US Doubler in it from 1985. Thanks for the replies folks.

Now, what is the best duplicator to use with the drive to make ATRs from floppies? I have been using MyCopier but I am wondering if there is something fast/better.

T.E

really depends upon what you're using to make your ATRs?

if you're using atarimax SIO2PCusb - then ape/prosystem comes bundled with it and is pretty fast too

there's other options depending on the hardware used on PC side.

if you're using some other SIO/PC cabling, then pc software like MakeATR or ATRtools should do the trick

Edited by Guest