IGNORED

I found a use for those Droid Bionic laptop docks

towmater

2017 01 07 18.05.12

Using an Amazon-supplied micro-hdmi to hdmi dongle and connecting it to an HDMI modded 800XL, I have an ersatz laptop using one of those otherwise worthless Droid Bionic lap docks. I may go additionally crazy and use a microcontroller to opto switch convertor to hook up the keyboard as well, all in service to the SD-cartridge that I ordered here a few months back, which should be here any minute. :ponder:

• Like 1

... HDMI modded 800XL...

:? :? :? :?

I concur with Mathy.

So what exactly do you mean by an "HDMI modded 800XL" ? Do you mean one with an external up converter box attached, or are you using some new (and yet unheard of) internal video upgrade with HDMI out? Of course if it is the later, I'm all ears and very interested :grin:

- Michael

No, no. It's just a hack, a long-forgotten type of convertor board mounted inside to pick-off the chroma and luma as close to the source as possible to minimize noise, but not any kind of cool direct digital conversion. Isn't their a new GTIA-on-CPLD chip that is supposed to do something along these lines?

• Like 1