IGNORED

Thea Realm Fighters Alpha Version

nicolaspersijn

Here's the older version of TRF, quite older than the Beta version I posted a few months ago.

Single round matches

8 selectable characters

Single background stage

2 player or 1 player (against brain dead ai)

It's a glitchy, janky mess, but it exists. Check it out if you're interested.

TRFA.rom

• Like 9

What were they thinking? ;-) "It is so bad it's good" territory. I love Surreal, they even gave him funny colors for his name. ;-) Thanks for sharing. Just tried it in VJ and had to laugh. I remember from back in the day really looking forward to this after seeing screenshots and being really sad it never got released and being really invested in all the story sourrounding Mega Data and High Voltage Software. If I knew back then what I know now...oh boy. Well still it's really cool that this stuff surfaces after all these years. Really nice to see. Thanks.

Edit: Typo

Edited by PeterG

If anyone gots a skunkboard and video capture equipment, could you get a screenshot of whatever screen the game starts with? I tried it on virtual jaguar and I got gibberish and it seems to start on a character select screen. I need a screenshot for the hidden palace prototype wiki.

I mentioned this to Nick but if this is actually the same version they had at E3, I noticed there was a Jaguar CD spinning/running to this game while it was being played so I'm wondering if they had some sort of audio CD streaming somehow for background music.

not only that,but there's 2 backgrounds not found in the 2 ROMs along with the kunoichi girl.