IGNORED

Anybody interested in all my Atari 800 gear and docs?

JimG

Hi All

I am cleaning out my house, getting rid of junk. Every year I do this I save all the boxes of 800 gear from my childhood. I decided this year I want to pass it along to whoever would want it. The 800 does not work. Does not recognize the drive (from what I hear that is a common problem). But it boots. I have a couple 1040 drives. Joysticks. Miscellaneous stuff, and a lot of technical documentation on various 8-bit related things. The nerd in me learning engineering as a teen loved all the schematics and technical documentation. Maybe someone would like it too.

If there is interest I'll take a ton of pics, post, and you can have at it. I'm not looking for money. You can pay for shipping if you want it. You can even just stop by my place in Allentown, PA and just take it. Just please let me know you will give my old friend a good home. If you will pick up, I will take preference over shipping to someone.

I'm curious if there is interest.

Thanks!

Jim

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for the scans and goodies to begin appearing on Atari Age when scooter83 begins the work he has been entrusted with doing.... It's a decent amount.

Scooter when you get the chance could you make atr of the ABE's ACE's library disks... I know it could be slow work and it's not the ACE group from where you live but it's still nice to what you now have from the ABE natives of the users group.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Doctor send me a message about the Abe ace disks. For years uve wanted to back up disks to a hard drive. But I'm missing a way to get 5.25 to 3.5 diskettes. If I can do thst I can copy and back up any disk on my computer.

For as the scans it'll be slow work due to my job and on the road time but I plan on bringing a small scanner on the truck to start the process while on the road. My plan is to start it next time I'm home and see how far I can with it on the road. I'm also debating screen shots.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Doctor send me a message about the Abe ace disks. For years uve wanted to back up disks to a hard drive. But I'm missing a way to get 5.25 to 3.5 diskettes. If I can do thst I can copy and back up any disk on my computer.

For as the scans it'll be slow work due to my job and on the road time but I plan on bringing a small scanner on the truck to start the process while on the road. My plan is to start it next time I'm home and see how far I can with it on the road. I'm also debating screen shots.

If you need help PM me. I don't think I am too far from you being in Connecticut. I have a lot of experience in arching stuff.

Allan

Allan I reached out to you before and I never heard back. I think someplace in the mailbox we lost communication. But I welcome your help since I'll need it on the software end of which we originally spoke of. I'll be home in about a week back in nj. How is the best way to reach you. Please send me a private message with the best way to be in contact with you. And we can go from there. Carts disks need saving as well as I need to scan in these documents for the community