IGNORED

Rolling screen on certain games

zetastrike

So far I've encountered four games that produce a constantly rolling screen when using the Harmony Encore

Pac-Man 8k

Pac-Man 4k (DINTAR816 version)

Centipede (only the title screen rolls, the game itself is fine)

Realsports Basketball

I don't know what to make of it. Could it be something to do with the cart itself, or that my 2600Jr is composite modded? This is a real bummer because Pac-Man 8k was the biggest reason I picked the cart up. What's really weird is that I switched TVs the first time it happened with Pac-Man and it displayed fine on my Trinitron. I connected it back to the original TV (a Daewoo CRT) for space reasons. Tonight I hooked it back up to the Trinitron to play Pac-Man and the screen rolled. This was the TV that the game worked with yesterday, now it doesn't.

• 2 months later...

Per the Digital Press list of scaliness generated per game, the NTSC version of Realsports Basketball generates a whopping 290 lines per frame. So it's probably just incompatible with your television; exactly on-spec NTSC video would be 262.5 and most Atari games are 262 or 263 as a result. That's the fault of the original developers, not the Harmony.

It doesn't know any Pac-Man other than the Atari original and lists an ordinary 262 lines for Centipede but they may have missed a distinction between title screen and game, or in that case possibly you do have a TV system mismatch as others have suggested?