IGNORED

HOTEL BUNNY for the Mattel Intellivision - NOW AVAILABLE!

Rev

Has to Hotel Bunny. I commend anyone who makes a game and releases it on ROM for free. That is a great thing to have happen in the community.

I have no problem with games like this put to cart. I'm all in this system right now so I will buy one. In the end I think the approach of having several of these type games one cart would be a much better approach. Like the Indy-Basic Vol. One. I would love to see that idea on-going rather than one offs.

As the author of the program has released the game in ROM format, first and originally, the cart would be the Variant not the release. I don't think anyone will "make money" releasing this game on cart if you consider the time it takes and the cost of the cart and board. Both the programmer and producer will make we below minimum wage. (Although minimum wage in Rev's part of the world is low! :) )

This is the kind of game I like to have on my Cuttle Cart or other multi-cart and wouldn't need a cart release of. The FREE ROM is great.

But as a fan of the system with some pretty awful games in the 125 that I have and don't play (and a few home-brews too), for me when you have every cart released already, you will buy another. In for a penny, in for a pound. I wish that wasn't true.

I agree that QUALITY games for me are much more important and at some point I will reach collector fatigue and start sounding like Eric! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :)

• Like 3

Motown often rehearsed with the vocalists before recording. Then during the session they would move the key up a half step or whole step so they often got that slightly strained sound they were famous for.

This is why they were known as having the hottest records in the business.

Hotel Bunny is a lot more fun than alot of Intv games. Dont make me write a list. ;-)

Start a thread for that...

I've yet to play a game of the original 125 that is less fun...;)

Maybe you can start two threads since fun can be subjective:

On a scale of 0 to 10, how much fun did you have? Posters can post only the games they had 0 fun with.

And

How long did it take you to finish the game. Posters can post which cart they done playing with the quickest.

;)

• Like 1

I was thinking that the more advanced Intellivision system hardware was a reason for higher quality homebrews. Or has the Atari development system overcome the 2600 limitations? Fewer Intellivision programmers and cartridge producers resulting in fewer games compared to the 2600. More complex cartridge rom hardware and packaging makes them more expensive.

I was thinking that the more advanced Intellivision system hardware was a reason for higher quality homebrews. Or has the Atari development system overcome the 2600 limitations? Fewer Intellivision programmers and cartridge producers resulting in fewer games compared to the 2600. More complex cartridge rom hardware and packaging makes them more expensive.

Atari was way more popular than the Intellivision.

More complex sound and graphics hardware means it takes more effort to produce an Intellivision game, coupled with what seems to be a general attitude of pride and look-what-an-Intellivision-can-do mentality among Intellivision programmers. This has kept the crappy Intellivision games that look like Odyssey 2 games to a minimum,

The Intellivision PCB is also not easy to program as it doesn't work off of a straight eeprom due to the memory mapping.

• 3 weeks later...