IGNORED

HSC14 Welcome & Games List

Welcome to Season 14 of the prestigious 8-bit Atari High Score Club :party:

Use this topic to suggest games that you would like to play or have any questions or suggestions :-o

Usually we avoid games from the previous season and those that take too long to play e.g. RPGs and Simulators. Rounds are 2 weeks long. Scoring ranges from 12pts for the top score down to 1pt for the lowest score - there's no shame in trying, right? ;)

So fire away and have fun. The first games poll will start soon and the first round starts Jan 20th - Feb 5th, but join in at ANY TIME. You might also list Bonus games that are quick to play, or Bonus Round ideas too, we'll probably have a couple again this year to keep it interesting. Emulator users welcome too. More info in the Beginner's Guide

Best Wishes,

trbb

p.s. Season 14 active posts will be pinned at the top of the HSC forum :)

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 1

I'm not going to put up any games for suggestion since this will be my first venture into the High Score Club and I've no idea what games have previously been played. My only suggestion toward this is to use new games and new ports (like all those ports from BBC micro, C64 and Spectrum) if they haven't already been played. OK, one suggestion, the BBC port of the driving game E-Type. (note: this game is NOT about speed, it's about running down cops on the side of the road to gain more time to finish the courses). I think this games also shows that something like Outrun is possible on the Atari!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

SR2 the new one? I read that the orignal had been found but i lost track of the thread discussing it. Was it playable? I thought someone was going to do some work on it

It's totally playable. The guy who programmed it said it's incomplete, and I think he is working on completing it, but it is finished in the sense that you can play through from beginning to end. I think the unfinished part is just tweaking controls and A.I.

Wilmunder_Star_Raiders_II_8-2.atr

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

There's no download for the game there though.

It's part of the "Kendallsoft Klassics Volume II for Atari 8-bit" (about 4 pages down) but don't get too excited :-D

Good to see some responses already :thumbsup:

Edited by therealbountybob

It's part of the "Kendallsoft Klassics Volume I for Atari 8-bit" (about 4 pages down) but don't get too excited :-D

Good to see some responses already :thumbsup:

Thanks. Don't worry, I'm not expecting much, not even something vaguely close to the original 2D top-down GTA. Though I think something along the lines of a 2D GTA could be done, at least if it was a 1MB game like Space Harrier or AtariBlast!

• Like 1

Just checked out GTA Atari. I wasn't expecting much, but it's still much less than expected. I find absolutely no fun in that "game" at all. if it's in the high score club I'll just throw anything up there, so far my scores have only been negative anyway, I can't even tell what I'm supposed to run over or not! But don't care enough to find out. ;)

It would be better just to rename Deathrace to GTA and use it.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Good to see a fellow Red Dwarf fan, I watched all the old ones again and I've enjoyed the two new series (apart from the first episode of series 11). What do you think? Don't worry if any suggested games were played last season I'll probably just not add them to the polls.

Ok you made me play my old game again :-o (it was a fairly quick one for one of my nephews)...

You'll need to use your special Atarified imagination to appreciate the graphics!

run over the Men = points,

avoid the animals, probably dogs = wipe bonus

avoid card = lose life

avoid tanks (square things) = can kill you in adjacent lanes also

post-19705-0-85979700-1484340204_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-57811300-1484340212_thumb.png

Of course GTA Atari is not a typical HSC game, though I sometimes sneak in a BASIC game for a bonus (or a bit of player punishment) but we can use it for a bit of pre-season warm up if anyone's game?! Can't remember if this has rounds or not... probably does so you can bank the bonus scores

Just checked out GTA Atari. I wasn't expecting much, but it's still much less than expected.

I'll use that for the marketing :-D

EVERYONE: The poll for the first round will start early next week when we have a few more suggestions - I've just started the HSC world promotion tour so fingers crossed we will get a bunch of eager players :)