IGNORED

The FinalGROM 99

ralphb

Note that the micro push button I used is also available with longer buttons, I think up to 11 mm. You could desolder the short buttons and put in the long ones. These might be long enough to protrude from the cart shell, but I haven't tried that.

I found 6x6x15mm versions of the buttons do reach up through a standard shell nicely. I picked up an assortment... for who knows what... :) https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073D89XVC/

post-42954-0-87802200-1501302563_thumb.jpg

-M@

• Like 7

With the help of my friend Xad Nightfall have some nice FG99 are build.
I am very satisfied of the Result !

I also invite all to read Interesting infos about TI99 and others systems on his website or FB group

post-24673-0-92693700-1501321401_thumb.jpg

in this picture you can see the three carts finished, on the left there is the previous cart, FlashROM99 ;)

now some datailed pics:
post-24673-0-14412800-1501321407.jpg post-24673-0-69575000-1501321405.jpg post-24673-0-05677900-1501321398.jpg post-24673-0-56949600-1501321414_thumb.jpg

this is the auction for the buttons:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/10-MINI-MICRO-PULSANTE-6X6X14-mm-PCB-Tactile-Switch-/251909148944?hash=item3aa6f49110:g:8uUAAOSwrhBZEG-g

and here you can find the caps:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/10-PEZZI-cappuccio-Giallo-per-pulsanti-PCB-6x6-altezza-6-7-8-8-5-9-9-5-10-mm-/252928437935?hash=item3ae3b5aeaf:g:1EIAAOSw-3FZEY8a

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 10

With the help of my friend Xad Nightfall have some nice FG99 are build.

I am very satisfied of the Result !

I also invite all to read Interesting infos about TI99 and others systems on his website or FB group

attachicon.gif5.jpg

in this picture you can see the three carts finished, on the left there is the previous cart, FlashROM99 ;)

now some datailed pics:

attachicon.gif2017-07-29_113955.jpg attachicon.gif8.jpg attachicon.gif2.jpg attachicon.gif2017-07-29_114050.jpg

this is the auction for the buttons:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/10-MINI-MICRO-PULSANTE-6X6X14-mm-PCB-Tactile-Switch-/251909148944?hash=item3aa6f49110:g:8uUAAOSwrhBZEG-g

and here you can find the caps:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/10-PEZZI-cappuccio-Giallo-per-pulsanti-PCB-6x6-altezza-6-7-8-8-5-9-9-5-10-mm-/252928437935?hash=item3ae3b5aeaf:g:1EIAAOSw-3FZEY8a

Great job!

Have you got a similar link for the flat headed led you've used?

Thanks!

Edited by weirdocollector

Yes I have ruined 2 cartridge cases so far :) . I am going to see if I can repair those - if not I might have to sacrifice another cart.

There is another alternative to possibly buggering up a possible third case. << HERE >> :)

And for those who purchased pre-assembled cartridges, it's the easiest way to go!

• Like 1

There is another alternative to possibly buggering up a possible third case. << HERE >> :)

And for those who purchased pre-assembled cartridges, it's the easiest way to go!

That is a good option... I might go that way if I ruin another cart case.

• Like 1

it is very nice, but LED is missing ?

I left it out as I find the LED a bit distracting, though it does look kind of neat in a muted light through the natural ABS print case.

These are minor edits but since folks seem to want them I've published the files in a remix of acadiels original ; )

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2458688

• Like 6

I left it out as I find the LED a bit distracting, though it does look kind of neat in a muted light through the natural ABS print case.

These are minor edits but since folks seem to want them I've published the files in a remix of acadiels original ; )

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2458688

This is awesome!

If you guys find out the best screws to use in these, please post a link to them. I haven't found a decent screw yet.

Wow, that is ... efficient! ;) :thumbsup:

Works great. Function over form. :)

I am also thinking about another FG99 for my other console. Will have to wait about a month tho'. Over budget on retro gear for the next 30 days.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I've published the very first patch for the FinalGROM 99 that fixes some minor annoyances:

• When you turn on your console, the FinalGROM 99 blinks with pattern #1 (see troubleshooting section), but works normally when you press the FinalGROM 99 reset button once.
  • The FinalGROM 99 menu shows system or hidden files or folders

To apply the update, please go to the homepage and read section "How to Upgrade the FinalGROM 99" carefully, then download and apply the patch file. For those with issue #1, you'll have to press FG reset once to get going when you see the blinking LED.

In case of questions, please ask before you try!

• Like 3

The update process didn't work for me until I renamed the file from version_1_1.avr to update.avr. Then it looked like the update installed, but it doesn't seem to have fixed the first problem. After the update the menu screen says "V1." (not "V1.1").

Edit: the issue about not showing hidden folders seems to be fixed.

Yes, as the docs state, you have to rename it to "UPDATE.AVR". And the version is indeed "V1.", as I was planning to represent the subversion as number of dots. Maybe I'll change this for future versions if people get confused.

Regarding your non-fix, I'll send you a custom patch to figure out what your SD card needs.

Yes, as the docs state, you have to rename it to "UPDATE.AVR". And the version is indeed "V1.", as I was planning to represent the subversion as number of dots. Maybe I'll change this for future versions if people get confused.

Regarding your non-fix, I'll send you a custom patch to figure out what your SD card needs.

I don't think the docs are quite accurate then: ;)

Files ending in .AVR will update the microcontroller. Copy such a file as UPDATE.AVR to an SD card and insert it into the FinalGROM 99.

Edit: I suggest "Files called UPDATE.AVR will update the microcontroller. Copy such a file to an SD card and insert it into the FinalGROM 99."