That is the .avr ,

I'm wanting the .pld;

Two different kinds of updates there.

Edited by jrhodes

15 hours ago, jrhodes said:

That is the .avr ,

I'm wanting the .pld;

Whoops.  I did not poke around the GitHub link to see what was in there.

1 hour ago, jrhodes said:

That is the .avr ,

I'm wanting the .pld;

Sorry, I didn't know you were trying to break it!:evil:
There is a .pld in the update folder! But it's not the one you want.:woozy:
Hmm, if/when you find it! How will you know?:pirate:

:D

7 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Sorry, I didn't know you were trying to break it!:evil:
There is a .pld in the update folder! But it's not the one you want.:woozy:
Hmm, if/when you find it! How will you know?:pirate:

:D

For the record, I no longer have the original version of the CPLD firmware.  I have tried to reconstruct it, but it's untested.  You can give it a try if you want.  There is a small chance that you'll brick your FinalGROM, though.

update_1.0_recreated.pld

• Thanks 1

My unit is fully functional, and suits my needs. Unless somebody makes a "write on grom" based supercart mode for the thing, so that it truly can function as the only cartridge you will ever need-- I have no real reason to update the firmware.

But others might have too strong of a tinkering impulse.  Who am I to tell them they should not?  Their hardware, their risk, their loss or gain.

I just dont like being an early adopter. :P

On 9/14/2020 at 8:59 AM, wierd_w said:

My unit is fully functional, and suits my needs. Unless somebody makes a "write on grom" based supercart mode for the thing, so that it truly can function as the only cartridge you will ever need-- I have no real reason to update the firmware.

But others might have too strong of a tinkering impulse.  Who am I to tell them they should not?  Their hardware, their risk, their loss or gain.

I just dont like being an early adopter. :P

It should be possible, if you add that mode to the CPLD firmware.  I currently have more important things to do, however, and I also cannot easily build CPLD firmwares at the moment.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:50 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Six people rolling the die?

I guess I should've sent this zipped when you bought my FinalGrom99 ... didn't think about it at the time.

Consider my PC hard drive like the Wayback Machine when it comes to TI stuff, even though I never use 99.9% of the files I get/find through this forum.

I snapshot'd this back on July 12, 2017, at least that's what the file(s) creation date tells me (well prior to the existence of Ralph's current updates folder published 13 months? ago).

Maybe it contains the originals required (not responsible if people break things). As to "building" the cpld file, there seems to be instructions at the end of the README.md file but it's all alien👁️‍🗨️ to me.

Hopefully it helps someone.

Doug

finalgrom99-master.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

Sorry if this is an easy problem, but no amount of searching I've done can turn up anything.

xas99 has been working fine for me, but when I try to run make.py in the ti directory I get the following:

> browser.a99 <2> 0218 - !      b    @load             ; branch to menu sender
***** Warning: Possible branch/jump optimization
> --- <2> **** -
***** Warning: Unused constants: C_FF
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./make.py", line 20, in <module>
    f.write(hex(ord(b)) + ",\n");
TypeError: ord() expected string of length 1, but int found

I haven't found anything on Atariage, but from the other searching I've done it appears this has something to do with a change from the way Python 2x handles something, but I haven't been able to find any other posts about someone having this problem.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Patrick

Oh, you're right -- I can reproduce this with the latest version of xdt99.  I guess I didn't test it on the FinalGROM.

Either you wait for a fix, or you use this older xdt99 version: https://github.com/endlos99/xdt99/releases/tag/2.0.1

EDIT:  Actually, the reason is that make.py is still written for Python 2, but xdt99 is using Python 3 now.  If you replace make.py with the attached version, everything should work.

make.py

Edited by ralphb
  • Like 2