IGNORED

Removing the buttons from the console shell

DDCecil

Is there an easy way to do it? I'm trying to remove 2 buttons where the white plastic underneath has been misshapen and replace them with buttons from a non-working console. If someone could give me step by step instructions (so I don't screw up), I'd appreciate it!

Edited by DDCecil

Is there an easy way to do it? I'm trying to remove 2 buttons where the white plastic underneath has been misshapen and replace them with buttons from a non-working console. If someone could give me step by step instructions (so I don't screw up), I'd appreciate it!

You mean like the power button and the other main buttons? If I remember correctly you just take the cover off and there is a ear tab on each side of the button that you release and then slide the button out.

I can get the buttons out almost halfway releasing the tabs from below, but the button just stops, and I'm not sure if it has to do with the spring inside or what.

EDIT: I tried the non-working system, and they came out just fine! I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time with the other shell!

Edited by DDCecil

I can get the buttons out almost halfway releasing the tabs from below, but the button just stops, and I'm not sure if it has to do with the spring inside or what.

EDIT: I tried the non-working system, and they came out just fine! I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time with the other shell!

It probably just needs a little motivation... once you push the tabs in, you may need to take a small screwdriver to push it the rest of the way out.