IGNORED

What is your goal for 2017 (intv speaking)?

UGH! I have been chasing that Mind Strike gatefold for over a year now. 3 different times I have honed in on one and all 3 times I lost out at the last second. It is the last Mattel release I need to complete that portion of The 125. Glad to hear one went to a fellow AA-INTV collector though :)

Actually, I didn't win any of the eBay ones. Mine was a forum trade.

Out of curiosity, what 'portion of the 125' subset would this complete for you? Are you trying for all the Mattel gatefolds? Ooh, or maybe going for the 125, but opting for a gatefold version if available? I settled on pretty specific criteria for my core 125 123. It's complicated :D Someday, when I'm taking pics for 125 Platinum status, I'll elaborate.

Back on track, I only ask because you can pick up one of the other two (non-gatefold) versions of Mind Strike for like $20.

• Like 2

Actually, I didn't win any of the eBay ones. Mine was a forum trade.

Out of curiosity, what 'portion of the 125' subset would this complete for you? Are you trying for all the Mattel gatefolds? Ooh, or maybe going for the 125, but opting for a gatefold version if available? I settled on pretty specific criteria for my core 125 123. It's complicated :D Someday, when I'm taking pics for 125 Platinum status, I'll elaborate.

Back on track, I only ask because you can pick up one of the other two (non-gatefold) versions of Mind Strike for like $20.

The last of my 3 attempts was a forum trade but it went to a good cause so I was ok with losing out there.

The subset for me is original Mattel releases so the earlier gatefold boxes are the preference. I've had Burgertime and Mission X for a while and finally tracked down Buzz Bombers last year thanks to SoulBuster. In October I lucked into a very nice gatefold Melody Blaster leaving only Mind Strike as my last holdout. I have 2 copies of Mind Strike in the shorter box but I consider that to just be a placeholder until I can find the older gatefold.

The scope of my collection is to find the earliest release version of every game CIB. With Mattel this means the gatefold versions with full text on the bottom front mentioning the Keyboard Component, FOR COLOR TV VIEWING ONLY within the box art, plastic tray holders, whatever the earliest version of each game may have had. They also have to have everything that came with game originally, so catalogs, errata sheets, overlay protectors and anything else that was there when it was new. It adds a lot of extra pieces to find than just cart, box, overlays and manual. I guess you could call it Ultra Complete In Box, lol.

Once I have Mind Strike gatefold, a non-repro Jetsons box and a few other random items for some games, I will have achieved Ultra Complete In Box for every Mattel release. I'm never going to own the complete 125 due to expense but this is one thing I can achieve. It's good to have goals :)

Edited by the1hatman

You'll have to post a full reference list someday. Early on, I was more concerned with condition over revision numbers, so I'd occasionally swap out carts, manuals, and overlays. I never substituted Intellivision Inc, foreign language, or USA vs Hong Kong, but I typically opted for the best copies regardless of revision. I still have 90% of everything I've purchased, so (with great effort), I could still right my previous wrongs.

• Like 1

You'll have to post a full reference list someday. Early on, I was more concerned with condition over revision numbers, so I'd occasionally swap out carts, manuals, and overlays. I never substituted Intellivision Inc, foreign language, or USA vs Hong Kong, but I typically opted for the best copies regardless of revision. I still have 90% of everything I've purchased, so (with great effort), I could still right my previous wrongs.

I keep that all in an Excel sheet just to keep it straight.

Edited by the1hatman
  • Like 1

UGH! I have been chasing that Mind Strike gatefold for over a year now. 3 different times I have honed in on one and all 3 times I lost out at the last second. It is the last Mattel release I need to complete that portion of The 125. Glad to hear one went to a fellow AA-INTV collector though :)

In looking through my boxes, guess what I just found? :) Consider the Mind Strike Gatefold box checked. I also have something else set aside for you. Can't wait until you have the two new boxes done. ;)

• Like 3

My 2K17 Inty goals :

1 - Try to understand all slang words used by some of you in the Inty section

2 - To find a great stuff for Cmart604 to convince him to trade one of his 4-tris (2 first versions of course!)

3 - To offer Intellivision games (only commons ^^) to 2 or 3 people in France to share our passion

4 - Find programmer(s) to make games to complete all Boxes created by Marc Oberhaüser

5 - Do a better score to Q*Bert and PacMan…

6 - Find Fireman ROMs for Intellivision or other nice stuffs from Nice Ideas :)

Edited by scalpel
  • Like 4

My 2K17 Inty goals :

1 - Try to understand all slang words used by some of you in the Inty section

2 - To find a great stuff for Cmart604 to convince him to trade one of his 4-tris (2 first versions of course!)

3 - To offer Intellivision games (only commons ^^) to 2 or 3 people in France to share our passion

4 - Find programmer(s) to make games to complete all Boxes created by Marc Oberhaüser

5 - Do a better score to Q*Bert and PacMan

6 - Find Fireman ROMs for Intellivision or other nice stuffs from Nice Ideas :)

Lol. All great goals. :) If someone can come up with something notable that I don't have there's definitely one 4 Tris available for trade.

• Like 1

One easy thing to check is that the ROMs match the instructions for Space Battle, Auto Racing, and Math Fun. It would be bad if that got mixed up. The Star Strike bug warning shouldn't be with a ROM that is fixed; and may not necessarily be with one that is not fixed. USCF Chess overlay errors and error sheets. Most Mattel games made in Hong Kong had overlays made in the US but a few were made in HK; it should say on the box. I think some Space Battle, NBA, and NASL might have had overlays made in HK.

One easy thing to check is that the ROMs match the instructions for Space Battle, Auto Racing, and Math Fun. It would be bad if that got mixed up. The Star Strike bug warning shouldn't be with a ROM that is fixed; and may not necessarily be with one that is not fixed. USCF Chess overlay errors and error sheets. Most Mattel games made in Hong Kong had overlays made in the US but a few were made in HK; it should say on the box. I think some Space Battle, NBA, and NASL might have had overlays made in HK.

Thanks for the info! I've created a document titled "Jason's Intellivision Component Homogeneity Project" and added your info. This will be a long term goal for me, but I have to start somewhere ;-)

My main goal is to get a LTO Flash finally. Maybe try and get Robot Rubble or another early home brew that I missed out on. Continue playing some games with my kids on the intellivision, this is infact my main objective.

Edited by mr_intv
  • Like 1

Wow! Since posting this and interacting with other members I have:

Gotten a boxed INTV2 controller

NIB Burgertime

A 'top 10 game'

Shark! Shark! CIB

Old and New Homebrews- Sydney Hunter 1, Christmas Carol, Go Sub, and some Coleco/ 2600 homebrews ordered/received as well.

I have 'sort of' organized my collection, and I received an IntelliCart. LTO Flash! Is ordered as well.

I've been lucky and thankful for what I have received, and I've been fortunate enough to have spares to put in more uncommon and rare items in the grab bag than I took out.

Really, take the plunge and get a big lot or two. Respond to FB postings. See what others have to spare for trading. You will be glad you did.

Next up I'd like to learn how to design/produce boxes for our misc hardware we collect. We do love our boxes, don't we?

1) be more involved in the community by trading, supporting homebrews, and buying when someone is downsizing

2) organize my collection so I know what I have

3) get a full INTV2 NIB

4) unopened copy of burgertime

5) learn how to use and play roms

5a) get an LTO Flash!

(Might switch those two around)

6) CIB Shark Shark

7) Meet other INTV collectors around the Kansas City area

8) get a 'top 10 rarest' game. Gotta have a pipe dream.

I need to go through and organize my gaming stuff. Decide what to keep, doubles and things I'm not going to use to get things I would like now.

Continue supporting modders, homebrew games, hardware and accessories.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

updates to my list:

1) be more involved in the community by trading, supporting homebrews, and buying when someone is downsizing- still going on, and I'm happy to interact with new people. i consider this done, but...
2) organize my collection so I know what I have- its getting better, and they are all visible. I want to make a long shelf to hang along my 'mancave'.
3) get a full INTV2 NIB- I'm still looking for a NIB
4) unopened copy of burgertime- I received the INTV inc NIB and have the gatefold in the mail as I type. Thanks Hankster!
5) learn how to use and play roms- That is this weekend's goal for my spring break (don't tell my wife- it's weird enough sharing a report card with your spouse)
5a) get an LTO Flash! Done! Thank you!
(Might switch those two around)
6) CIB Shark Shark Done!
7) Meet other INTV collectors around the Kansas City area- still haven't met another intv fan in the greater Kansas City-Lawrence-Wichita area. I'll keep trying.
8) get a 'top 10 rarest' game. Gotta have a pipe dream.- 2 words: Congo Bongo

Wow! 2017 has been incredible. I'm really thankful to the community, ebay, student loans, and dumb luck. I've gotten Christmas Carol, DK Arcade (from Carl himself), Number Jumble, Land Battle, and Go Sub. The original Sydney Hunter still on its way from Canada, and I've been waiting since early January. Bunny Hotel and Space Beaver are also ordered.

I have competed or made CiB: Piggy Bank, with Diner and Commando almost finished with final pieces on their way.

My additional goals for 2017 are:

1) Learn to make boxes. If any member will send me their adobe template I would appreciate it

2) Make an 'ornament set' for Christmas time

3) Get an auction/fundraiser going for either Children's play or for The Big Slick here in Kansas City

4) NIB Intv2

5) Sears controller CIB

6) Get board for Mystic Castle, SP Baseball, and Missile Domination

7) Super Cobra or Tutankam

8) Pacman JR

9) sealed, NIB Backgammon- gatefold, INTV, and Sears. This is my favorite board game

10) Learn some INTY Basic.

I'm expecting y'all to hold me to these.

• Like 1

updates to my list:

Wow! 2017 has been incredible. I'm really thankful to the community, ebay, student loans, and dumb luck. I've gotten Christmas Carol, DK Arcade (from Carl himself), Number Jumble, Land Battle, and Go Sub. The original Sydney Hunter still on its way from Canada, and I've been waiting since early January. Bunny Hotel and Space Beaver are also ordered.

I have competed or made CiB: Piggy Bank, with Diner and Commando almost finished with final pieces on their way.

My additional goals for 2017 are:

1) Learn to make boxes. If any member will send me their adobe template I would appreciate it

2) Make an 'ornament set' for Christmas time

3) Get an auction/fundraiser going for either Children's play or for The Big Slick here in Kansas City

4) NIB Intv2

5) Sears controller CIB

6) Get board for Mystic Castle, SP Baseball, and Missile Domination

7) Super Cobra or Tutankam

8) Pacman JR

9) sealed, NIB Backgammon- gatefold, INTV, and Sears. This is my favorite board game

10) Learn some INTY Basic.

I'm expecting y'all to hold me to these.

Backgammon one of my favorite sub collections. With so many rare variants it's a challenge for anyone up to the task ;-)

I'm interested in collecting this sub-series because its one of my favorite games, many fond memories. Can anyone shed light on the different versions, variations, etc? The only ones I know of are the Purple and Green label and the sears box. Help me out?

Backgammon one of my favorite sub collections. With so many rare variants it's a challenge for anyone up to the task ;-)

Don't encourage him, backgammon is the only intellivision inc game I need, and it's super rare, I don't need competition if it ever surfaces.

I'm interested in collecting this sub-series because its one of my favorite games, many fond memories. Can anyone shed light on the different versions, variations, etc? The only ones I know of are the Purple and Green label and the sears box. Help me out?

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/abpa.php