IGNORED

Bringing the 1027 printer back from the dead

electronizer

I would be amazed if there are any out there with original print head intact. Possibly those sealed new-in-box that were never actually used?

Nope, not even sealed in box can protect these heads from deteriorating, just ask Best Electronics and B&C...

I'm down for one or two new print heads myself, so mark me down if people are being marked down.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I will start a separate order thread when the contest is over and try to find a more shipping cost friendly solution for oversea orders too.

I have no clue if the Abbuc is interested in distributing the part via its shop (which is IMHO not a bad idea)

Stay tuned...

• Like 7

Congratulations on this. I knew it was a matter of time, and yes that video sure had the memories flowing back. I too would like to get my 1027 working again. I know my Dad would love to hear it and see it running. I bet he would rather use it to do his writing than his pc, especially with all of the frustrations he has had lately.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit, Janet! I threw my trusty 1027 away 10 years or so ago when the head flew away. I had heard that Brad (at Best) ditched all his 1027s because there was no hope back then. Now I am gonna have to search and find a replacement. Loved that 1027. I will certainly take a couple of the rubbers when they become available! Thanks for the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

BTW the license plate holders in the picture were also "almost correct". As in "German license plates would have fitted if the plates would have been just a tad smaller". So I had new license plate holders made.

If you are interested please contact Wolfgang (our president).

Sincerely

Mathy

PS those old license plate holders are very nice for decorating a computer room. :D :D :D