IGNORED

Road Rash pre-alpha on Jaguar at 30 fps

VladR

On 10/10/2019 at 12:35 PM, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

I guess nobody here likes burgers.

Thats a shame because I can talk about burgers for hours.

Anyway Vladr if you don't make it to PRGE due to the weather which is what Im gathering here, it is only fair to upload video of your Jaguar progress here in this thread that same weekend. You know kind of like a substitute for being at the event. If you want I can help you with this, just send me the binary file and I will record video like I did before.

Im gonna go get me a burger now. ? (a whopper with cheeeeeeeese)

Maybe a hotdog too. ?

I like burgers. Are you planning a burger-themed game? Oo! include Wimpy as a bonus character!

Finally, as predicted in this here very thread,   the weather is clearing up! 

IMG_20191011_174749924.thumb.jpg.22fceb0bcb1b62b6412edcc865c64951.jpg

I feel truly privileged I was given the rare opportunity of being given an advice of a renowned snowfall expert from Australia gracefully sharing his lifelong experience with snowfall in the Northern Plains!

I can thus, on my way to PRGE, feel free to proceed driving to this intersection, one block from my house:

IMG_20191011_174632052.thumb.jpg.77ec6c0304b441e8dab0d9e19e730f2d.jpg

I was hoping to get a better shot of the intersection a bit further, but got literally stuck as snow was above my waist, which is understandable, being a tiny short guy at 6'3" (191 cm).

Astute reader will hopefully forgive the startling unintentional resemblance to the Adelaide skyline.

• Like 1

They will, however, notice a condescending egomaniac with delusions of adequacy and an inexplicable superiority complex who's only release in around 7 years is currently in 17th (Or,  last, as it is more commonly known) in the lynx competition, with one of the only two votes presumably from him. 

So, one has to wonder... If it isn't quality or quantity... maybe its an octobuffered clusterf**k ?

• Haha 2

https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=5102081ceedaae2d&hl=en&gl=US&source=wweather

Link appears corrupted so here it is pasted:

BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions. For this entire event, around two
feet of snow is expected. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph will
result in whiteout conditions with large, impassable drifts.

* WHERE...Cooperstown to the Devils Lake region to Langdon.

* WHEN...Until 1 PM CDT Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Several days of impossible travel. Disruptions to
travel will last through at least the weekend. Localized power
outages. Tree and structural damage from the heavy snow load.
Disruptions to agricultural and livestock activities.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snowplows are having a hard time plowing
the wet, heavy snow. Ditches are full of water in many
locations, adding an additional danger for persons trying to
travel.
Recommended actions
Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must
travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded,
stay with your vehicle.
The latest road conditions for North Dakota can be found at
dot.nd.gov/travel and for Minnesota at 511mn.org, or by calling
5 1 1 in either state.

32 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Well then. I guess I will be doing a video upload and be the first person to actually see the project's progress?

(Excited! ?)

Well, surely by Wednesday they should plow even my neck of the woods.

I should need 48 hours for the trip.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Since you seem to move every few weeks anyhow, perhaps now is the time to consider heading south?  ?

No, this is it. This has been in the process for almost two years.

I bought the house last month.

There's only a short, 700-mile strip of land, within 60 miles of Canada border that fullfilled my primary condition:

- it must be able to drop to -40'C and population cannot be higher than 200.

In Montana, I lived in a spot that had -40'C (and I experienced it for about a week), but it was a huge village - 1,500 people. Too much traffic there, so the search continued as it's utterly ridiculous at 3am at night to not be able to cross the street with my Husky because you must wait for some stupid car.

I really can't stand south - I grew up in a very cold microclimate, down to -30'C, so I have really high standards when it comes to winter. While Chicago was getting close, it's a common misconception that it's cold there in winter.

Alaska is too expensive to live in such climate, Montana only tiny bit cheaper, so North Dakota it is.

Finally, after ten years of listening people to bitch because it's -20C or blizzard, nothing. No complaints from people today.

After all, it's winter...

1 hour ago, VladR said:

I should need 48 hours for the trip.

How far is it? I just drove a Uhaul from the Oregon coast to Colorado.  Approx. 1450 miles.

Took me 48hrs. to pick up a Uhaul, load entire house, drive the entire way and was unloading in under 48 hours.

Not fun, weather shut me down the first night, but drive should be easier in a car. 

On 10/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, Stephen said:

I love burgers, but don't want to shit up VladR's thread.  Since I am here I'll say this:
Local Dairy Queen - Flamethrower Jalepeno burger.  https://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Menu/Food/US/Combos/GrillBurgers/FlameThrower-Grillburger-/

Only thing I don't like about my lcoal store, is they only sell the half pound version and I do not eat like a pig so I can barely finish a 1/4 pounder.

Whataburger. Nothing else compares

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Machine said:

How far is it? I just drove a Uhaul from the Oregon coast to Colorado.  Approx. 1450 miles.

Took me 48hrs. to pick up a Uhaul, load entire house, drive the entire way and was unloading in under 48 hours.

Not fun, weather shut me down the first night, but drive should be easier in a car. 

Did you move to Colorado permanently? Congrats!  

My trip is between 1,600 and 2,100 miles, depending on route. Comfortably, can be done in 48 hours observing speed limits.

I'm sure the interstate highways will be totally fine tommorow (maybe even today), but unless someone donates a teleporter, I must wait till they get to plow my village, to be able to make it to the highway.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, VladR said:

Finally, as predicted in this here very thread,   the weather is clearing up! 

IMG_20191011_174749924.thumb.jpg.22fceb0bcb1b62b6412edcc865c64951.jpg

I feel truly privileged I was given the rare opportunity of being given an advice of a renowned snowfall expert from Australia gracefully sharing his lifelong experience with snowfall in the Northern Plains!

I can thus, on my way to PRGE, feel free to proceed driving to this intersection, one block from my house:

IMG_20191011_174632052.thumb.jpg.77ec6c0304b441e8dab0d9e19e730f2d.jpg

I was hoping to get a better shot of the intersection a bit further, but got literally stuck as snow was above my waist, which is understandable, being a tiny short guy at 6'3" (191 cm).

Astute reader will hopefully forgive the startling unintentional resemblance to the Adelaide skyline.

Are you sure those aren't screen shots of a mid-90's 3D game? ;)

Pretty pictures; probably bad to experience tho.

Edited by pacman000

1 hour ago, pacman000 said:

Are you sure those aren't screen shots of a mid-90's 3D game? ;)

Pretty pictures; probably bad to experience tho.

Not really. I walk my Husky 5 times a day. Just because it's blizzard doesn't mean I would reduce the outdoor time. Wouldn't be fair.

I have spent over 6 hours out in the blizzard during last two days. It's an incredible and joyful experience actually, especially with a Husky. This is the environment they should live in.

I just can't be out more than an hour as I sweat like a pig due to intense workout - it's very hard work to wade through the waist-deep snow. Whole body workout.

Besides, it's a Tropical Blizzard - temperatures are around 28'F (-2 C) so even with wind chill we're talking about perhaps -20C.

That would be considered uncomfortable in the Chicago area, not here.

Is there nobody from Minnesota here? They make national news each year with their -70 'F wind-chills :)

I might get lucky this winter, I am barely half an hour from Minnesota :)

• Like 1

It's still snowing although much lighter.

Never ever in my life have I seen a more snowed-in intersection than this:

IMG_20191012_112630104_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.a63b5ba853bd289e8ac1603fab119a91.jpg

They are going to need a bulldozer for this :lol:

I was lucky enough to experience outside  the third worst blizzard in Chicago history some 8-10 years ago but that thing was a minor afternoon storm compared to this :lol:

Northern Plains just gave me the best house-warming Welcome Home gift :)

1 hour ago, VladR said:

It's still snowing although much lighter.

Never ever in my life have I seen a more snowed-in intersection than this:

IMG_20191012_112630104_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.a63b5ba853bd289e8ac1603fab119a91.jpg

They are going to need a bulldozer for this :lol:

I was lucky enough to experience outside  the third worst blizzard in Chicago history some 8-10 years ago but that thing was a minor afternoon storm compared to this :lol:

Northern Plains just gave me the best house-warming Welcome Home gift :)

Hardcore man - hardcore!  Living in a place like that by choice?!?  Not for me.

• Like 1

Grew up in MInnesota. It wasn't uncommon for an entire month to not get over zero.  We were forced to play outside after lunch if temp was above -5.   We kept a change of clothes at school and put our wet clothes on the heaters.

Had to walk to school and home uphill in snow drifts both ways. 

• Thanks 1