IGNORED

Resident Evil-ish game for the 7800?

Hey guys, I just thought I would try to clear something up with you since the people in this forum probably know more than anyone about this subject. There has been some discussion lately within a certain group (I promised them that I would not say who) that are claiming some higher-profile programmer is working on a Resident Evil-type game for the 7800. I'm fully aware of the limitations of the system, but have heard this over and over again. Is it possible? I mean, we have games like Midnight Mutants and such, so maybe a Resident Evil is not too far off? What do you think? Have you heard anything about a project like this? I asked Al, and he hasn't heard about anyone attempting this. It would be cool just because of the title (like Halo 2600, and a well-made game I might add) What do you all think?

Not exactly the page I was on, but this looks super cool! The people I am talking about are independent of Atariage. I would like to give a link, but you know, I promised. I am just curious to see if you all have heard anything similar about it. But man, this game that you showed looks cool. Seriously! When do you expect to have it complete? I'd play this in a heartbeat!

Funny - I re-read your post and saw 'Higher-Profile' programmer this time... If I had seen that the first time around I would not have answered, as that is not me. :P

Anyway, I had moved away from that game, but I may pick it up again at some point... If someone else doesn't do it first. ;)

... and thank you for the compliments. :)

Funny - I re-read your post and saw 'Higher-Profile' programmer this time... If I had seen that the first time around I would not have answered, as that is not me. :P

Anyway, I had moved away from that game, but I may pick it up again at some point... If someone else doesn't do it first. ;)

Man, if you came up with this, then it looks like you Are a higher-profile programmer. Seriously, if you remember, let me know if you pick back up on this game. I've only made a couple of Jungle Hunt clones myself, and terrible ones at that, on the Commodore 64, so I sure am not a higher profile programmer. I would be interested to know if you ever get the time to finish your game.

Okay guys, I want to point something out. I was perhaps getting overly excited about the Atari 7800 Resident Evil potential. I've pestered the 'developers' on their e-mail reply thingie for a screenshot, and they just emailed me this. It looks cool, but honestly, if you do some google images research, the same thing pops up. So sorry, but I am not trusting this right now. I think someone was blowing smoke up my you-know-what. And I think I may have fell for it. I'll be more careful about these posts from now on. The idea is still cool, but I do not think it is for real. Sorry for the mislead. It looks like they used the free Atari label software online that I did for my pic too.

post-44310-0-08242000-1484709004_thumb.jpg

When I read 'Higher-Profile', you were the first person I thought of. :)

• Like 1

Umm ok, if that's the case who is it? Unless your just making stuff up for fun? Do you owe these people something or do you always just make promises to random people you meet on the internet?

Forgive me for the foolishness. I personally know the person who actually attached the picture. He was pulling my chain. I fell for it due to my gullibility. I'll be more careful about posting something like this from now on without the evidence. I feel terrible that I got all excited for nothing and drug you guys into it. My bad.

Oh well. Dont worry about it. I come up with dumb useless info all the time.

The 7800 forum needs a knight rider type of thread. You should have had a proto with screen shots maybe some sketches of a special rotary controller...hmmm maybe a t-shirt also a facebook fan club would have been sweet.

• Like 2

Resident Evil for the Game.Com could be examined. The static backgrounds wouldn't be too hard, although low color. Scaling the character would be fake and eat up space and omitting it, like the Game.Com did, would be smart. I think it's great that people find RE games to be advanced somehow. They are, for the most part, backgrounds with polygonal characters and low res textures. They aren't far off from an old Sierra game with point and click, walk-behind areas, hot spots.

This thread is just mocking something, though.

It's not impossible, but it's not going to look like a grainy arsed, texture dropping, polygonal PS game.

It's not like the SNES was creating a tiny, polygonal, bump mapped gorilla but in a way it kinda was.