IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

I think the last issue with the menu software has been sorted tonight. Will wait a on the final word from the lovely testing people, then we can get this thing started.

And I found something else fairly random out while hacking with the NGP BIOS. If you set the game version to 0xfffe it doesn't display the startup sequence and goes straight into the game. You can modify any cart, just set the bytes of the ROM image at 0x20/0x21 to 0xfe/0xff.

Something left over from the development system I'm guessing...

• Like 6

And I found something else fairly random out while hacking with the NGP BIOS. If you set the game version to 0xfffe it doesn't display the startup sequence and goes straight into the game. You can modify any cart, just set the bytes of the ROM image at 0x20/0x21 to 0xfe/0xff.

Is that something that can be added as a menu option?

People know you can bypass the boot up screen animation by pressing B, right? Still, not seeing it at all would be something :)

You still get half the boot sequence that way -- with the above version hack you get not boot sequence at all. :)

• Like 2

I've ordered the first batch of 100 boards. These will start going out in about 3-4 weeks. Gives me a little time to just fix any remaining bugs and add the last bits of functionality to the menu.

I can't wait. more multi player fun for me and my kids :)

Ahh so we're looking at a June 1st~ or so release (early June.) That's not bad if all goes according to time plans.

Was it ever discussed what the usual AA battery life is on the NGPC with full volume with a normal game vs flash kit? Curious what the draw is on there.

I'm considering investing in the very few SNK made accessories for mine, the AC Adapter being one. I can't recall the battery life on the system, know it's nothing like the old GB brick which gets over 30.

Ahh so we're looking at a June 1st~ or so release (early June.) That's not bad if all goes according to time plans.

Was it ever discussed what the usual AA battery life is on the NGPC with full volume with a normal game vs flash kit? Curious what the draw is on there.

I'm considering investing in the very few SNK made accessories for mine, the AC Adapter being one. I can't recall the battery life on the system, know it's nothing like the old GB brick which gets over 30.

Yep, should be beginning of June.

I've not checked the difference in power consumption, however it's going to be minimal. I'll try and measure it, although my bench meter only measures down to 0.01 amps, so 10ma increments, so it's likely to not be accurate enough to measure the difference.

The battery life of the NGP was actually better than the GB. The estimated figures are about 40 hours on a set of batteries.

• Like 1

You going to go off the interest check list?

Just hoping to be in the first hundred!!!

I know you can't post the names you have but I kind of enjoyed watching syn getting closer to the Lynx shipped mark.

You're correct, not sure about the NGP itself unless it's identical, but the NGPC I was just looking into the manual on it within the last half hour as I got curious and it said 40 on a standard pair of AAs. I imagine if you have those extra long life style you'll probably eek out another 5-10 over that which is nuts. DMG Gameboy topped out at 35 hours under ideal conditions (probably 1/2 volume my guess, however they figure that bs out.)

Either way I got on that list early, and I'm up for it. I'm thinking I might have a surprise or two up my sleeve as of yet that your device would come in handy for too. At the least it's going to satisfy my need to finally after 15 years try out some expensive english barely US or just UK releases I've wanted a shot at. That alone makes the value happen.

You going to go off the interest check list?

Just hoping to be in the first hundred!!!

I know you can't post the names you have but I kind of enjoyed watching syn getting closer to the Lynx shipped mark.

Yep, going off the list on the website. I'll try and sort some way of checking where you are by entering your email or something on the website. I must admit that's one thing I liked about the Lynx list was the transparency of it all!

Do you know when you'll start reaching out to the submissions in your list? Or have you already and I missed the first 100?

As soon as I have carts to ship, I'll start running through the pre-orders list. So it'll be something like 3-4 weeks time.

The list currently stands at about 400 people, but I do intend to get through these reasonably quickly. It should be around 20 a week on average, but can be a bit sporadic as I try and shift time to working on developing new flash carts. As it's just me doing this, I find it easier to just either concentrate on shipping stuff out, or working on the hardware / software. I tend to get "in the zone" and breaking to do other things is quite detrimental to productivity.

So at the moment, to the end of the list, its likely to be about 4-5 months lead time at the moment! That went up quick... :-o

• Like 3

As soon as I have carts to ship, I'll start running through the pre-orders list. So it'll be something like 3-4 weeks time.

The list currently stands at about 400 people, but I do intend to get through these reasonably quickly. It should be around 20 a week on average, but can be a bit sporadic as I try and shift time to working on developing new flash carts. As it's just me doing this, I find it easier to just either concentrate on shipping stuff out, or working on the hardware / software. I tend to get "in the zone" and breaking to do other things is quite detrimental to productivity.

So at the moment, to the end of the list, its likely to be about 4-5 months lead time at the moment! That went up quick... :-o

Any chance to see where in the list someone is like with the Lynx SD?

Yep, going off the list on the website. I'll try and sort some way of checking where you are by entering your email or something on the website. I must admit that's one thing I liked about the Lynx list was the transparency of it all!

:thumbsup: