IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

A whole 32MB eh? That's a pretty small memory card. :) Any shot you could via PM give me a heads up if I'm in that first lot or not? I have some stuff I need to take care of, want to keep $100USD in there at all times so it's covered.

Crap, 32GB ofc... d'oh. My mind is obviously stuck in the 90's when it comes to storage space. :mad:

Drop me a PM with your email and I can check.

Edited by SainT

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-sd-flash-shipping-next-week

attachicon.gifNeoGeoPocketSD.jpg

The NeoGeo Pocket SD FLASH cart is in production and I will start invoicing and shipping next week. Many thanks to my testing team at AtariAge for testing compatibility with (I think!) all NeoGeo Pocket console models and BIOS versions against the available games.

The cartridge will sell for £70 (UK pounds), which will include instruction leaflet and cartridge. No SD card is supplied, but the cartridge will accept any FAT (not exFAT) formatted Micro SD card up to 32MB in size.

Looks really, really nice! Great work! :)

Is there a way to know how many orders have shipped out? If you know how many have gone out and what your current number is, it makes it pretty easy to know how close you really are.

That number is just the number of people in front of you. It will decrease until I get to you. :)

As said above, at a rough guess I'll get through about 25 a week, so its easy to get a rough idea.

• Like 1

That number is just the number of people in front of you. It will decrease until I get to you. :)

As said above, at a rough guess I'll get through about 25 a week, so its easy to get a rough idea.

Gottcha. If that was said earlier, I missed it.

• Like 1

Gottcha. If that was said earlier, I missed it.

Actually re-reading my previous message I wasn't explicit enough about what the "position in the queue" actually meant, so I can understand the confusion. Apologies!

• Like 1

Actually re-reading my previous message I wasn't explicit enough about what the "position in the queue" actually meant, so I can understand the confusion. Apologies!

No worries. It really doesn't matter either way. I'm just excited that it's happening, and even more excited that it means we are getting closer to a competed Jag SD cart.

• Like 1

I'm just excited that it's happening, and even more excited that it means we are getting closer to a competed Jag SD cart.

No one is looking forward to getting the Jag up and running than me... :D

For some weird reason I've always had a soft spot for the Jaguar. It should have been so much more... :)

• Like 4

Aha, as you had a beta one, I hadn't mailed you! :)

If you want a "retail" one also, just shout...

For sure but definitely no rush on it. It'll be good for those (all too) rare instances where someone wants to play vs. I can wait until you're caught up on all the preorders :)
  • Like 1

How will save games work? Presumably they don't change the original ROM. If I dump an official cart with a save game using my Bung linker, then flash it, my progress is there when I boot it up. Will I be able to extract the save data from that image & put it somewhere on the SD card? Or do I have to dump my carts with saves & use those images instead of clean ones?

The latter, if you want your save games as part of the ROMs you want to play on the cart, you'll have to dump your existing carts.

Do I need to get any menu files for the SD?

No, the menu is generated automatically from the ROMs present on the SD card or flash cart.

• Like 1