IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-sd-flash-shipping-next-week

attachicon.gifNeoGeoPocketSD.jpg

The NeoGeo Pocket SD FLASH cart is in production and I will start invoicing and shipping next week. Many thanks to my testing team at AtariAge for testing compatibility with (I think!) all NeoGeo Pocket console models and BIOS versions against the available games.

The cartridge will sell for £70 (UK pounds), which will include instruction leaflet and cartridge. No SD card is supplied, but the cartridge will accept any FAT (not exFAT) formatted Micro SD card up to 32MB in size.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Does the £70 (UK pounds) includes shipping?

2. Does it came with the shell pictured in the post?

Thanks.

No the shipping was on top. And as far as I know what you saw before as the example with that sticker on it represented the final product. The shipping outside of the UK was 5GBP so I ended up paying like $95USD total to get it mailed my way.

How long did it take to ship from UK to USA? Thanks for info.

I got a notice about an invoice on it on the 13th, within 12 hours or so I paid for it. And then paypal followed up very early morning on the 15th and said it was on the way Royal Mail Int'l Standard postage. Timestamps on the email are almost 48hours exactly from notice of invoice to shipping so he's fast.

I find usually stuff from the UK can take 10 days on average so I'm guessing I'll see it if I'm really lucky by next weekend but probably the following week.

How will save games work? Presumably they don't change the original ROM. If I dump an official cart with a save game using my Bung linker, then flash it, my progress is there when I boot it up. Will I be able to extract the save data from that image & put it somewhere on the SD card? Or do I have to dump my carts with saves & use those images instead of clean ones?

Yes, the save game does change the original ROM. There are one or more FLASH sectors which are re-written on the cart, so if you dump your cart with the Bung or FlashMasta linkers then you will be able to continue your game just as it was on the original cart.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Does the £70 (UK pounds) includes shipping?

2. Does it came with the shell pictured in the post?

Thanks.

Yes, £70 for the cart with shipping on top. Either £5 international or £2 UK.

The cart comes with a lovely 3D printed shell and gorgeously sexy sticker. :)

• Like 2

On 6/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, Tanooki said:

I find usually stuff from the UK can take 10 days on average so I'm guessing I'll see it if I'm really lucky by next weekend but probably the following week.

I've found with the Lynx carts that shipping can take anywhere from 1-5 weeks to the internationally. I've not gone into any depth trying to figure out if any country or US states are better than others, but I have had carts stuck in customs for a couple of weeks at times.

But don't worry, if there are any issues, I will sort them. I have an impeccable track record for customer care. :D

Edited by SainT
  • Like 3

Are invoices mailed out weekly?

I'm currently at #16 and don't check that account regularly, so wanted to make sure to check it next week if you are sending out 25 weekly

Yeah, I send out about 20 at a time, and it will be roughly weekly. Although depending on external factors, this may be more or less in terms of frequency. :)

• Like 1

I registered pretty early on, checked a few days ago and it said I was 125, checked today and now I am 151. Bug is the queue system?

I've just looked and you were 199th to register, 151 is correct. I've no idea where 125 came from, as that was definitely never right... :?

This is something I would really like to get asap! Ive been looking for an sd ngpc flashcart and I would love to see save states, recently chosen roms or more realistically a solid save system. BTW I love the LYNX SD! Sign me up for one of these ngpc sd ones!

This is something I would really like to get asap! Ive been looking for an sd ngpc flashcart and I would love to see save states, recently chosen roms or more realistically a solid save system. BTW I love the LYNX SD! Sign me up for one of these ngpc sd ones!

For adding yourself to the order queue for this, check here --

http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-pre-order

:)

Received mine today (based in the UK) and I just have to say, what an amazing job you've done SainT! :) I really couldn't be happier with the flashcart - it's so easy to use (great instructions btw!) and everything just works flawlessly. Overall, it's very professional, down to the UI / menu switching, game flashing, 3D cartridge printing, etc and it's a massive upgrade to my Flashmasta!

Edited by marioweezer
  • Like 2

Question -- I know this takes up to a SDHC 32GB card. If you could come up with an older 1 or 2GB micro SD card would that work fine too or is there some bottom level on quality? I don't like the idea of wasting a 32GB card on less than 100MB of NGPC titles is all.

Unless I'm missing something and there's a good deal of little protos and homebrew lying around and more that could do that.

Question -- I know this takes up to a SDHC 32GB card. If you could come up with an older 1 or 2GB micro SD card would that work fine too or is there some bottom level on quality? I don't like the idea of wasting a 32GB card on less than 100MB of NGPC titles is all.

Unless I'm missing something and there's a good deal of little protos and homebrew lying around and more that could do that.

Yeah, any card UPTO 32GB should be fine formatted with FAT/FAT32. I've used 512mb, 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 16gb cards during testing. Most should work, but I cannot guarantee every card will.

Just a couple of questions:

- Is there any limitation regarding the speed specification of the microSD card? i.e., when using slower (with no "Class" specification, say < 1,5 MB/s) old 1GB ones on the Neo-Geo Pocket SD flashcart, are the flashing/data saving processes affected?

- Does the firmware support a folder structure on the SD card to browse and pick up a ROM to be flashed from?

Thanks in advance!

On 6/19/2017 at 6:29 PM, Sceptre_JLRB said:

Just a couple of questions:

- Is there any limitation regarding the speed specification of the microSD card? i.e., when using slower (with no "Class" specification, say < 1,5 MB/s) old 1GB ones on the Neo-Geo Pocket SD flashcart, are the flashing/data saving processes affected?

- Does the firmware support a folder structure on the SD card to browse and pick up a ROM to be flashed from?

Thanks in advance!

No, no issues with different kinds of memory card that I am aware. The biggest thing is to make sure it's FAT/FAT32 formatted.

The menu system supports full folder structure and long filenames.

Edited by SainT

I guess I need to scope out ebay or amazon for the cheapest + smallest option as it seems like a waste. 1GB should be likely, 512MB probably is pushing my luck too far. I don't want some ghetto brand like off name or those garbage PNY ones, but a decent sandisk would be cool.

Must go digging to see what else can be thrown at it as I know the NGPC community for development is fairly microscopic which is a damned shame.