IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

On 6/20/2017 at 12:59 AM, Tanooki said:

I guess I need to scope out ebay or amazon for the cheapest + smallest option as it seems like a waste. 1GB should be likely, 512MB probably is pushing my luck too far. I don't want some ghetto brand like off name or those garbage PNY ones, but a decent sandisk would be cool.

Must go digging to see what else can be thrown at it as I know the NGPC community for development is fairly microscopic which is a damned shame.

To be honest I would think any cheap memory card would work! Speed really shouldn't be an issue, the NGP reading from the memory card isn't that fast, and its only relevant for installing games to the FLASH. Once installed the memory card isn't used.

On the subject of homebrew, I'll put together a demo at some point showing how to use the memory card from your own code -- if anyone is interested!

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

I wasn't concerned about speed, just getting a crap quality one was all. I've had good luck with sandisk and lexar, PNY has been a pos twice so that was my writing them off, and anything unbranded seemed like a crap shoot which is why I went digging.

Hey if you want to make some demo thing go for it, could be interesting. I think the system has some potential for new games and fun ones to be developed with the SNK fan base, but who knows, it's not Nintendo where people go nuts still making old Gameboy stuff.

Hi,

How do you know where in the queue you are or if you are in the queue at all?

I have registered for the pre order news letter on the website while back and have not received any updates?

Thanks

Funkychimp

UPDATE

Sorry, I just noticed the new queue check link on the site. 230th in the queue. But hey I'm in the queue :)

Edited by funkychimp
  • Like 1

Geez Indiana got one and here in KY I still wait. :\ Maybe tomorrow.

And on that the real reason I'm posting. Is there anyone with like a total set of non-for sale ROM projects for this from your public domain to proto and other screwball stuff? I'm trying to bundle up something nice for the device when I have it.

SO far I found a legit recently dumped proto/beta of Sonic which has a few interesting differences including a stage select for testing from looks of it. Also found a dude going by Flavor who made a 32Mbit PD rom package with a nice menu for the whole lot of them you can find here which again are all pd/homebrew -- http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/NGPC/ PD Multipack 12-12-01 and it has 29 games on it. I'm hoping more data can be dug up of interesting stuff. I'll admit it, but it's very easy to find the total package for both the NGPC and NGP at the same site online so that I need to filter out the duplicates on and prep that too.

Very kind! ;)

It's exciting to be getting a good number of these carts out there now after what seems like forever sorting out the final details. Enjoy! :D

Can't wait to get mine! Although looks like I'm about 295 in line, haha.

Congrats again on your accomplishments.

Mine came today!

Got a question though. Will there be any fixes/firmware updates for glitching? I've got this archive all in one Public Domain ROM that FLAVOR did you find here: http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/NGPC/(Look for: PD Multipac 12-12-01) (32 or 16Mbit) and it writes fine, loads up the MENU fine, but if you fire up a game it will throw up the first screen for Columns and Pac-Man which is a LIK-SANG static image as they backed some demo compo years ago, and then it actually TURNS OFF THE NGPC! Doesn't lock up or go insane, it powered my system off.

Not sure if it's a crap rom (both versions) or it isn't loving on your device all that well. I did throw a proto version of SONIC I found as well recently released, that fired up fine. Not sure if the individual games on that PD thing work on their own, but I probably should test that.

EDIT: Fired up both Columns PD and Pac-Man PD (this one sucks, Columns is good) they worked 100% So it's something with the card trying to fire up that oddly cobbled multi-cart. Perfectionism aside, no problems as of yet from LEGIT stuff. :P

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Yup it takes a bit of time to flash from the little card to the system, but you have room for a few games too depending on the size. Once it's there though it's quite fast.

I've tracked down a full set of NGP and Color games, but also a subset of all the known protos, demos, and samples too. I had a PD section going since that one file had all them on there but it won't boot a game but instead turns my handheld off. Oh well, not a legit SNK file anyway.

Mine came today!

Got a question though. Will there be any fixes/firmware updates for glitching? I've got this archive all in one Public Domain ROM that FLAVOR did you find here: http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/NGPC/(Look for: PD Multipac 12-12-01) (32 or 16Mbit) and it writes fine, loads up the MENU fine, but if you fire up a game it will throw up the first screen for Columns and Pac-Man which is a LIK-SANG static image as they backed some demo compo years ago, and then it actually TURNS OFF THE NGPC! Doesn't lock up or go insane, it powered my system off.

Not sure if it's a crap rom (both versions) or it isn't loving on your device all that well. I did throw a proto version of SONIC I found as well recently released, that fired up fine. Not sure if the individual games on that PD thing work on their own, but I probably should test that.

EDIT: Fired up both Columns PD and Pac-Man PD (this one sucks, Columns is good) they worked 100% So it's something with the card trying to fire up that oddly cobbled multi-cart. Perfectionism aside, no problems as of yet from LEGIT stuff. :P

I'll check that out. I'm not sure what that multi-cart does to pack the multiple images into one ROM, but making sure all the actual retail releases worked was my main priority.

I had no doubt, that's why I said it wasn't a vital problem but wanted to point it out as you seemed to be taking care to try and achieve perfection or damn near that. It's just very odd and disturbing that selecting a game from within the multi-PD cart causes the actual hardware to power off.

I had no doubt, that's why I said it wasn't a vital problem but wanted to point it out as you seemed to be taking care to try and achieve perfection or damn near that. It's just very odd and disturbing that selecting a game from within the multi-PD cart causes the actual hardware to power off.

The console powering off is normal when it crashes. The machine has what's known as a watch-dog, which unless it's written to frequently causes an interrupt, which in the case of the NGP shuts down the console.

I will check out that ROM when I get a chance. :)

• Like 2

The console powering off is normal when it crashes. The machine has what's known as a watch-dog, which unless it's written to frequently causes an interrupt, which in the case of the NGP shuts down the console.

Yeah, ability to power the console off is a feature. I believe CfC does this when you save your game.

I have the later (no dock) FlashMasta and a Bung flash cart, I'll see whether that multi-ROM works on those or not. PocketSend has the ability to combine ROMs and flash onto the Bung cart. I don't know how it works, but it's very slow to load games, so I haven't used it after trying it out.

Site says I'm in position #1 for my preorder... I'll be over here smashing the refresh button all day.

That explains a lot. I currently have a Flash Masta which used to give me issues which caused the NGPC to power off. We were able to resolve the issues with the Flash Masta and it works fine now, but I never understood why the thing was powering down. The Flash Masta is nice, but I'm looking forward to a proper SD card based flash cart.