IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

The console powering off is normal when it crashes. The machine has what's known as a watch-dog, which unless it's written to frequently causes an interrupt, which in the case of the NGP shuts down the console.

I will check out that ROM when I get a chance. :)

A very deserving comment of this:

IW8simF.gif

American kids of the 80s will get that. ;)

Seriously though, had no idea that system was complex enough to even have a watchdog feature to it. This means at least to me that there's something wrong with the ROM itself where it seems to not like the real hardware potentially and it may not be your cart, or it's playing some weird angle setting it off too, who knows without that look. Also kind of telling about the FlashMasta having similar problems with other stuff.

A very deserving comment of this:

IW8simF.gif

American kids of the 80s will get that. ;)

Seriously though, had no idea that system was complex enough to even have a watchdog feature to it. This means at least to me that there's something wrong with the ROM itself where it seems to not like the real hardware potentially and it may not be your cart, or it's playing some weird angle setting it off too, who knows without that look. Also kind of telling about the FlashMasta having similar problems with other stuff.

That ROM image was put together for the FlashMasta by Flavor afaik, so it may have some specific code on there to do with the FLASH chips on that cart or the CPLD they use to handle the ID faking.

That ROM image was put together for the FlashMasta by Flavor afaik, so it may have some specific code on there to do with the FLASH chips on that cart or the CPLD they use to handle the ID faking.

Interesting, and I guess that shouldn't be a surprise if they had to custom tweak it to work on that thing, and as such would be moody otherwise.

If I feel less lazy I'll just have to fire up a list of the things I found on a french site one by one and see if they suck or not using NeoPop and take the few that would be worthy to the kit.

Edited by Tanooki

Well, around 4 max I guess... I don't mind if people want to buy for friends etc.

Yes, I normally do, particularly for a couple who don't follow these forums and such. However, I've personally begun to consider buying a backup for myself of many of these flash carts, because, well, 5 years from now.....but that's another discussion!

However, I've personally begun to consider buying a backup for myself of many of these flash carts, because, well, 5 years from now.....but that's another discussion!

I'll still be making them! ;)

God knows what console I'll be hacking by then... :D

• Like 1

We can make a list for you :P

My cart arrived (to the other side of the planet) on Thursday and I loaded it up today and it works like a beaut.

It's got the SainT official seal of quality written all over it.

Thanks mate and looking forward to the Jag and future Wonderswan cart ;)

Edited by gsxrboy

I would like to order one too. I need the Lynx SD cart as well.

Sent you a PM Saint, i'm ready to send my payment.

Thanks

To order one add your name to the pre-order list (here: http://www.retrohq.co.uk/neogeo-pocket-pre-order)and I'll drop you a mail when I get to you.

I'll add you to the Lynx list, I'm just waiting on some more carts then I'll start shipping those again! :)