IGNORED

NeoGeo Pocket Colour Flash Cartridge

SainT

I like that, now only if I had a case that would fit the thing...have a spare DS case but pretty sure it would just rattle around in there.

I keep my NGPC games in the Shadowfox cases that were designed for GB/GBC/GBA. Off the top of my head, I can't remember how tight they are in the case, but I can take a picture later tonight. Those same cases also hold Lynx games really well. I also use them for Game Gear, but the case requires a little modification in order for those to fit.

• Like 1

I haven't downloaded it to be sure but I imagine it's sized for a NGP clamshell case.

Looks like it's for a NGP snapcase. Packaging varies quite a bit, but many Japanese NGP releases came in a very sturdy hard plastic case with the art as an insert.

Quick heads up. The ROM for Delta Warp in the MAME/MESS romset doesn't work right. It gives a save error after the first level.

I dumped my copy, and that works fine. So it's a bad dump. The MAME dump is .5m, while the real cart is 1m, so I think the second half is empty, and someone trimmed them off. But, saves go there & because the SD cart sees a 512k image, you can't write in that area.

Just thought folks would like to know.

• Like 1

Quick heads up. The ROM for Delta Warp in the MAME/MESS romset doesn't work right. It gives a save error after the first level.

I dumped my copy, and that works fine. So it's a bad dump. The MAME dump is .5m, while the real cart is 1m, so I think the second half is empty, and someone trimmed them off. But, saves go there & because the SD cart sees a 512k image, you can't write in that area.

Just thought folks would like to know.

Yeah we found this during testing. All dumped roms I had were the same way which I thought was odd... Even the NoIntro rom and the so called good dump in the good set. I didn't have a physical copy to dump but it's good to know that it should dump properly.

The fix is to pad the rom out to 1mb which 'restores' the save area on the rom and resolves the issue.

• Like 1

Yeah we found this during testing. All dumped roms I had were the same way which I thought was odd... Even the NoIntro rom and the so called good dump in the good set. I didn't have a physical copy to dump but it's good to know that it should dump properly.

The fix is to pad the rom out to 1mb which 'restores' the save area on the rom and resolves the issue.

How could the original 'Delta Warp (J) [!].ngc' ROM (from GoodNGPx v3.27 Romset) be padded to 1024 KB? Any recommended utility to perform this task?

Thanks so much!

Edited by Sceptre_JLRB

Yeah, I was playtesting Delta Warp and found the issue, as said, because all the dumps were only 512k in size. You can easily make a 512k game into 1MB by going to a command prompt and typing:

COPY /B FILE1.BIN+FILE1.BIN FILE2.BIN

• Like 1

Yeah, I was playtesting Delta Warp and found the issue, as said, because all the dumps were only 512k in size. You can easily make a 512k game into 1MB by going to a command prompt and typing:

COPY /B FILE1.BIN+FILE1.BIN FILE2.BIN

Oh, that's true! I forgot using that old MS-DOS command line...

It works! Now it only remains to receive my Neo-Geo Pocket SD to test it the proper way.

Thank you very much, @Mayhem ! :-)